• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Owensboro

Anyone have any interest in a NEWBIE RAID into the VAULT OF GLASS on Sunday (Normal Mode)?

I've got a buddy that just bought back into Destiny (hasn't played since Vanilla) and I thought it'd be fun as hell to take him on his first raid. I'm planning on Sherpa-ing the whole thing, explaining each boss/encounter and what to do (we will not do any cheese strats) and fully expect to wipe a few times in the process (particularly on Aethon, since we'll have to teach at least 2 other people how to use the Relic). Ideally, I'd love to get 4 other people who have never done it and make it a fun new experience for everyone. Don't throw your name down yet thought, I'm just gauging interest.

As of now, there is no time set, but my friend has some kind of art show he might go to Sunday afternoon, so that could affect timing. If things go well we could roll it into a Crota's End run too!

spyder_ur

I'm guessing that with Destiny 2 scheduled for release in a year, Bungie were never going to be able to put out major expansions. After TTK, I don't think another half assed HoW like expansion would be received very well.

I wouldn't mind a series of Spindle-esque quests and perhaps updating the old raids. I think they do need to have significant enough content to raise the level/light cap however in the coming year. Optimistically hoping it's a new raid.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

From a business perspective, smoother, more predictable revenue (microtransactions, subscriptions) makes it easier to justify expenses than spiky revenue (expansions); they know where their next meal is coming from. Ostensibly, that should translate to smoother, more predictable content releases AND profit for Bungie/Activision: i.e. everyone's happy.

HoW was hot garbage, IMO, and it sounds like Bungie wasn't happy with it. And we know they thought TDB wasn't ideal. But I think a lot of that perception was because of the delay between them. If we'd gotten PoE by itself, for free, in between ToO and the HOW story missions, it would have been less prone to criticism.

We're absolutely not going to get stuff like TTK for free, but I'm hopeful that we'll get stuff that would have been in the TDB/HOW-level expansions drip-fed (e.g. PoE, CE, ToO, sets of story missions), maybe even stuff like the exotic quests. That way it becomes a Destiny buffet. Don't like PVP, so you don't like the new PVP mode/maps they released for free this month? Wait til next month. Like PVE, but don't care about story missions? Wait for the raid-ish activity next month.

Plus, I think it's incredibly interesting that the game is big enough that selling *dances* could even theoretically subsidize the content that was in the TDB/HOW expansions.

If they consistently drop stuff like a raid, ToO, or PoE during the course of the coming year, I agree that it could be a great thing and I'll happily drop cash for more. But I think you're being way too optimistic expecting new locations and modes, and I'm not sure what really gives people that confidence.

Again, happy to be wrong, though. I just think there's a lot of blind hope in the bolded thoughts.

And I would never trust a guy who calls himself Captain Science anyways.

Anyone have any interest in a NEWBIE RAID into the VAULT OF GLASS on Sunday (Normal Mode)?

I've got a buddy that just bought back into Destiny (hasn't played since Vanilla) and I thought it'd be fun as hell to take him on his first raid. I'm planning on Sherpa-ing the whole thing, explaining each boss/encounter and what to do (we will not do any cheese strats) and fully expect to wipe a few times in the process (particularly on Aethon, since we'll have to teach at least 2 other people how to use the Relic). Ideally, I'd love to get 4 other people who have never done it and make it a fun new experience for everyone. Don't throw your name down yet thought, I'm just gauging interest.

As of now, there is no time set, but my friend has some kind of art show he might go to Sunday afternoon, so that could affect timing. If things go well we could roll it into a Crota's End run too!

I'd be up for it.

Assuming you can't find 4 other newbies, of course.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
re: the daily and hidden ghost.
It's called Paradox... it's about time travel, maybe get the ghost and bring it into the real VoG raid?

Deku Tree

re: the daily and hidden ghost.
It's called Paradox... it's about time travel, maybe get the ghost and bring it into the real VoG raid?

HM raid has an additional uber challenge boss that you fight after time traveling there...

Dave1988

Starting a fresh raid! Looking for a quick run so we're asking for 295+ with a mic, please.

Copy and paste your PSN username to the list. Quoting will not work for the next person to post after you.

Leaving when we fill up.

1. Crophonso
2. Tastypwnwhich
3. Dave1988

I'm down. Warlock LL298.

E92 M3

Destiny 2 will be a seamless transition just like TTK. For those that have everything up to the next major expansion, it will just be another download. And just like with TTK, they will release a new retail version.

Starting a fresh raid! Looking for a quick run so we're asking for 295+ with a mic, please.

Copy and paste your PSN username to the list. Quoting will not work for the next person to post after you.

Leaving when we fill up.

1. Crophonso
2. Tastypwnwhich
3. Dave1988
4.broodshadow

I'm down for it
PSN:broodshadow

Deku Tree

Destiny 2 will be a seamless transition just like TTK. For those that have everything up to the next major expansion, it will just be another download. And just like with TTK, they will release a new retail version.

And it will cost $60 usd no matter what you already own.

Dunlop

Leaving when we fill up.

1. Crophonso
2. Tastypwnwhich

Dunlop75

303 Hunter but Have only done golgoroth and the sisters, know the strats for the rest

spyder_ur

Daily Rumble: DGAF Edition. Rasen wrecked Ruthless super hard
for his one kill

CQpfqITUsAAp7LG.jpg:orig

#humblebrag

People making assumptions with zero evidence.

Whatever dude

Sure the evidence is circumstancial but its trending in that direction because

- Comments they made during the development of TTK with regards to technical challenges and hurdles likely derived from last gen console support.

- Comments in the article hinting at "till next fall". Meaning the current path they are on is leading to something different outside of Destiny 1's new path of MT and smaller updates.

- The fact that there wont be Paid DLC between now and "Next Fall" also solidifying the role Destiny 1 will play from now until then.

- The fact that a separate designated "Live Team" is now in charge of said updates from now until next Fall.

Cmon man.

If they consistently drop stuff like a raid, ToO, or PoE during the course of the coming year, I agree that it could be a great thing and I'll happily drop cash for more. But I think you're being way too optimistic expecting new locations and modes, and I'm not sure what really gives people that confidence.

Again, happy to be wrong, though. I just think there's a lot of blind hope in the bolded thoughts.

And I would never trust a guy who calls himself Captain Science anyways.

I just don't see it myself. I think the idea of a live team is fantastic to bring life the game. But with small changes and events. Make all of the suros guns drop in hot pink for a couple of weeks. Snow in the tower. A new exotic weapon hidden away in a nightfall. A new quest line, or bounties.

When it comes to new geometry, full armor and weapon packs like the ones introduced in raids, and raids themselves...should, and probably will, remain in the hands of full development teams. That's not what they are saying the micro trasactions will fund.

Mupod

My raid luck was so bad last week that this week is totally going to make up for it. It has to. Oddly enough Golgoroth has dropped me a chestpiece just about every time I've killed him on every character, but aside from that it's just shards and 302 auto rifles for days.

But yeah hoping to get as much done tonight as I can - going to be stuck at the parents' all weekend for Thanksgiving.

Deku Tree

I just don't see it myself. I think the idea of a live team is fantastic to bring life the game. But with small changes and events. Make all of the suros guns drop in hot pink for a couple of weeks. Snow in the tower. A new exotic weapon hidden away in a nightfall. A new quest line, or bounties.

When it comes to new geometry, full armor and weapon packs like the ones introduced in raids, and raids themselves...should, and probably will, remain in the hands of full development teams. That's not what they are saying the micro trasactions will fund.

Yeah IMO Bungie is working on Destiny Fall 2016 now.

I think that all of the incomplete year two content is now being worked on by that other studio that they brought on board last year.

FyreWulff

Whatever dude

Sure the evidence is circumstancial but its trending in that direction because

- Comments they made during the development of TTK with regards to technical challenges and hurdles likely derived from last gen console support.

They don't need a Destiny 2 to drop last-gen. Taken King literally replaced the entire Destiny client already. It wasn't so much a patch as a complete re-download. They would just do that again when the time comes to drop the 360 and PS3.

- Comments in the article hinting at "till next fall". Meaning the current path they are on is leading to something different outside of Destiny 1's new path of MT and smaller updates.

They constantly refer to vanilla as Destiny 1 and Taken King as Destiny 2.0 . It's also very obvious their plans changed around House of Wolves when the Year 1 terminology showed up.

- The fact that there wont be Paid DLC between now and "Next Fall" also solidifying the role Destiny 1 will play from now until then.

A major expansion once a year also doesn't need to be named Destiny 2.

- The fact that a separate designated "Live Team" is now in charge of said updates from now until next Fall.

Bungie has tons of people, and they're not all working on all of the content. Raid teams don't make crucible maps. Crucible team doesn't make missions. People fluidly move around but in the interest of keeping people employed you will always have a team dedicated to the current game and teams dedicated to the next huge expansion-level content, it's pretty standard workforce management, and doesn't automatically mean that 'other team' is working on Destiny 2.

I don't know how many times Bungie has to tell people that they're supporting Destiny for 10 years, talk about building on top of the base game, but people are still waving around an old, tattered out of date contract like they desperately need to feel they'll be able to predict every future Destiny move and update when Bungie didn't even know they'd be where they were at when they released Destiny. Judge the game for the game that's there, not the fake version of Destiny that's been invented out of whole cloth by internet keyboard source warriors.

King's Fall tonight at 10pm EDT?

KF noob, LFG, preferable mostly experienced to make the run fairly quick, as I won't have a ton of time.

1. rasengan1337
2. drizzay (if he's on)

E92 M3

I'm actually not looking forward to the next Destiny expansion, because TTK just stopped feeling so overwhelming. Every time we get new stuff, all this craziness begins to get the new gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you have a full group? What time do you raid? I need a raid group for my 305 Hunter tonight somewhere in the vicinity of 9pm est...
You guys got a spot by chance?
I dunno this is all happening as we speak. we aren't organized enough to really check with people in advance or have actual plans or anything. 8) also our raid slots don't use regular numbers. Theoretically it's

7. Hawkian
12. ColonelOCorn
2. Wallach
6. PuMa
1. rNilla
9. LTWood12

and then you guys as alts:
100.5. DekuBleep
25. Juraash
J. rasengan

noomi

Oh god yes!

This is the perfect way to go into Destiny 2!

aye colonel

if you guys have room for 1 noob, i'd appreciate it. if not though, i can understand :)

can i be alt #37?
slot J it is!

that said, just to get firm plans in the works:

King's Fall tonight at 10pm EDT?

KF noob, LFG, preferable mostly experienced to make the run fairly quick, as I won't have a ton of time.

1. rasengan1337
2. drizzay (if he's on)

I'm actually not looking forward to the next Destiny expansion, because TTK just stopped feeling so overwhelming. Every time we get new stuff, all this craziness begins to get the new gear.

Well it think things are going to cool down

Actually based on Bungies wording the Live team is mostly going to be focusing on doing regular events and such

The Bungie article really doesnt make any mention of actual expansions between now and next fall.

So we only have the media hints to refer to

Top Bottom