• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Lnkn52

More evidence

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/07/28/theres-something-off-about-this-destiny-2-leak/

Hilariously people were trying to debunk that which just now came true

I dont blame them at the time. Whats interesting is how people keep getting ahold of these leaks

From Article:
Forbes said:
I’ve reached out to Bungie who can hopefully shut this down, and really, this is a troll that should have been ignored from moment one.
Sure, this article would help ignore it. (An article from 3 months ago) LMAO

PuMa

I dunno this is all happening as we speak. we aren't organized enough to really check with people in advance or have actual plans or anything. 8) also our raid slots don't use regular numbers. Theoretically it's

7. Hawkian
12. ColonelOCorn
2. Wallach
6. PuMa
1. rNilla
9. LTWood12

and then you guys as alts:
100.5. DekuBleep
25. Juraash
J. rasengan

Poor Colonel at #12

Deku Tree

I dunno this is all happening as we speak. we aren't organized enough to really check with people in advance or have actual plans or anything. 8) also our raid slots don't use regular numbers. Theoretically it's

7. Hawkian
12. ColonelOCorn
2. Wallach
6. PuMa
1. rNilla
9. LTWood12

100.5. DekuBleep
25. Juraash

Ok cool. Thx. Send me an invite if you need someone
... and the first 100 ppl don't show up

Strider

Is the "Can't Stop" bounty glitched or is some requirement not listed? Does this have to be done in rumble or something?

They don't need a Destiny 2 to drop last-gen. Taken King literally replaced the entire Destiny client already. It wasn't so much a patch as a complete re-download. They would just do that again when the time comes to drop the 360 and PS3.

They constantly refer to vanilla as Destiny 1 and Taken King as Destiny 2.0 . It's also very obvious their plans changed around House of Wolves when the Year 1 terminology showed up.

A major expansion once a year also doesn't need to be named Destiny 2.

Bungie has tons of people, and they're not all working on all of the content. Raid teams don't make crucible maps. Crucible team doesn't make missions. People fluidly move around but in the interest of keeping people employed you will always have a team dedicated to the current game and teams dedicated to the next huge expansion-level content, it's pretty standard workforce management, and doesn't automatically mean that 'other team' is working on Destiny 2.

I don't know how many times Bungie has to tell people that they're supporting Destiny for 10 years, talk about building on top of the base game, but people are still waving around an old, tattered out of date contract like they desperately need to feel they'll be able to predict every future Destiny move and update when Bungie didn't even know they'd be where they were at when they released Destiny. Judge the game for the game that's there, not the fake version of Destiny that's been invented out of whole cloth by internet keyboard source warriors.

Ok well nice rebuttal :p

Juraash

7. Hawkian
12. ColonelOCorn
2. Wallach
6. PuMa
1. rNilla
9. LTWood12

100.5. DekuBleep
25. Juraash
J. rasengan

25 seems like a good number lol.

I'm happy as long as I can get a clear in tonight. Vacation is fast approaching and I'll miss all of next week. Need loots!

if you guys have room for 1 noob, i'd appreciate it. if not though, i can understand :)

can i be alt #37?
slot J it is!

that said, just to get firm plans in the works:

King's Fall tonight at 10pm EDT?

KF noob, LFG, preferable mostly experienced to make the run fairly quick, as I won't have a ton of time.

1. rasengan1337
2. drizzay (if he's on)

Can you pencil me in? However, if you don't see me on at 9:55, pick up someone else. I don't know if my wife will want to watch the stupid new Walking Dead show.

Trojan

Is "forever 299" a meme yet? Because I'm stuck at 299 until I do the raid again to get a piece of gear that will take me over 300. Otherwise, all my engrams are sub-300 and unless I do the long trudge of ToM I have no other options.

I'm out of town until Friday, so I will be hitting that raid hard when I get home!

noomi

Is "forever 299" a meme yet? Because I'm stuck at 299 until I do the raid again to get a piece of gear that will take me over 300. Otherwise, all my engrams are sub-300 and unless I do the long trudge of ToM I have no other options.

I'm out of town until Friday, so I will be hitting that raid hard when I get home!

Do you have the 310 artifact yet, that's a nice boost to level for ya.

Forever is exaggerating. More like another week. Once you get the ghost it's smooth sailing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know how many times Bungie has to tell people that they're supporting Destiny for 10 years
I wouldn't mind a specific source to try and work out what exactly it is that people refer to by this. I've seen an enormous amount of conflicting information and

Bungie says there's no 10 year plan for Destiny - Sept. 20th, 2015

From Urk:
Eric ‘Urk’ Osborne reveals a ten-year agreement does exist, but it's not quite what you think: "Those things were so distracting, and not about the experience we were creating," he says in the latest issue of Edge. "It just became the narrative. I mean, I drive a Honda Civic. I don’t know shit about $500 million. A ten-year plan? It’s a ten-year partnership agreement. It has nothing to do with the development of the game proper. To think that somehow, before Destiny had shipped, we had some ten-year plan written down somewhere? It’s comical. We allowed the narrative to get constructed that Bungie is just a corporate entity and not a bunch of humans, a collection of people who are just trying to make a really great game."

Frankly it would be downright disturbing if we were still playing Destiny 1, the game, in 2024. I think the notion of our characters following us through the franchise over multiple games (and even consoles) makes considerably more sense.

E92 M3

I wouldn't mind a specific source to try and work out what exactly it is that people refer to by this. I've seen an enormous amount of conflicting information and

From Urk:

Frankly it would be downright disturbing if we were still playing Destiny 1, the game, in 2024. I think the notion of our characters following us through the franchise over multiple games (and even consoles) makes considerably more sense.

September 2024 - we're still killing Hive majors in the cosmodrome for bounties.

Bookmark it!

So what tips do you all have for Gorgoroth? Our group last night had some trouble. The gaze grabbers died pretty frequently and we weren't sure whether to use all six eggs per run or what's easiest.

FyreWulff

I read that as more they don't have exact development and release plans for all those years, which would just be silly. It's still a 10 year plan to support Destiny -in general-.

re: "still playing Destiny 1" still wouldn't happen by building upon the base game because they can upgrade and replace anything. Look at World of Warcraft now, which is built directly on top of a game released in 2004. Didn't stop them from doing major re-writes, tech upgrades, etc. The era of the box release of a game and waiting 3 years for the next 'try' is pretty much over.

if you guys have room for 1 noob, i'd appreciate it. if not though, i can understand :)

can i be alt #37?
slot J it is!

that said, just to get firm plans in the works:

KF noob, LFG, preferable mostly experienced to make the run fairly quick, as I won't have a ton of time.

1. rasengan1337
2. drizzay (if he's on)

Pencil me in, Illini_guy_05

From Urk:

And here I was letting FyreWulff think I was crazy for following the logic path I did

1. rasengan1337
2. drizzay (if he's on)
3. Cybrwzrd
4. Hudson (if he can weasel out of the Walking Dead) :)
5. Illini_guy_05

edit: Top of age HYPE!!!!

this will be me tonight at 10...
who am i kidding, this is me in general

giphy.gif

noomi

So what tips do you all have for Gorgoroth? Our group last night had some trouble. The gaze grabbers died pretty frequently and we weren't sure whether to use all six eggs per run or what's easiest.

Communication!

The person with the gaze should count down from 10 seconds, while the other one begins to shoot the orb, once you get to like 2-3 seconds the other persons grabs his gaze.

Also gotta shoot them ogre orbs thingies, they hurt :(

Top Bottom