• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

PuMa

So um uh what's the dealio with the daily? You get these ghosts and that's it? You kill a boss in a portal?

Hawk we should do the daily first

BC9sSlxpRR5M4.gif

Think they'll announce Heroic KF release date? My money is on Friday Oct 23.

Can't be this week, can't be next week (IB + Trials) and it seems crazy to wait more than 6 weeks from Normal release. Crota was six weeks from NM to HM, on a Wednesday. Makes more sense to release HM KF after the weekly reset, so we get one more week of disappointment.

Edit: lol you were thinking about something totally different than me.

I hope raid hard mode is the week after IB/Trials, would like to get at least one reset run done before I go away for couple of weeks.

Battlefront baby.

Well open beta.
I hope its as great as it looks visually.

Not too hyped. From what I played at gamescom, I don't have high hopes.

The Wolves of Mars quest-line is so tedious. I'm almost done with the Earth portion, but I still have Venus & the Moon to tackle. For those of you that haven't completed this quest, it's given to you by Varik after you complete the Taken War: Petra quest. It involves traveling to each of the aforementioned planets to clean-up Fallen which are tallied by a percentage.

A group of about 5 Fallen counted for 1%. The good thing is that Majors & Ultras count for a bit more.

Major counts as 7%. This part literally takes 10 minutes on each of the 3 planets, just go to a major spawn location, kill, wait for respawn, repeat.

The following story missions are really short and simple, the whole thing takes barely half an hour to do.

Zocano

I wonder if all the NTTE and SS quest lines are hidden within daily heroics. I'm pretty sure they would have been dug up by now if it was not the case.

I wonder if all the NTTE and SS quest lines are hidden within daily heroics. I'm pretty sure they would have been dug up by now if it was not the case.

SS will unlock at gunsmith rank 25 :p

1 rank is 2000 rep.
Max rep each week from test weapons is 1250.

Do the math.

For NTTE, you have to play story from restoration to black garden without dying. In the final cinematic, the stranger will explain and hand you the exotic weapon.

/kappa

Don't act surprised when a lot of people play Halo 5, Star Wars, COD in the coming months.

A lot of my friends are getting Battlefront but I don't know how to get myself excited about a game where I have no agency over a character's progress and equipment.

I just look at Halo and I'm like "Oh. I'm some other guy. Whatever."

Is that weird?

Been really enjoying the Taken King content so far, although I still have a bit to go before being ready for the raid (at around 250 light right now). I'm hoping to try more of the multiplayer components soon, since I've really stuck with single player for the most part outside of a handful of strikes.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to give the heads up, but I sent a request over to the PS4 Destiny community (PSN: JacksUsername).

Socat

If only XB1 DGAF was as well represented lol. I will say that I am enjoying TTK so far, but I am at a mere 224 light so I have a long ways to go.

GhaleonEB

Major counts as 7%. This part literally takes 10 minutes on each of the 3 planets, just go to a major spawn location, kill, wait for respawn, repeat.

The following story missions are really short and simple, the whole thing takes barely half an hour to do.

It's not a long run, but the whole quest line would be so much better without the fodder at the beginning. Without it it's a nice four part quest arc; it took me north of an hour for the last four parts, but I wasn't rushing it. It ended up being one of my favorite quests in the game. I just wish Bungie would excise these "kill X dudes" from quests entirely, and leave that kind of thing for bounties, if they really want them in the game. Just let us get to the fun part, darn it.

I wanna do the Daily Mission to get the ghost and stuff. Anyone wanna join?

What's this about a ghost in the daily? Another secret? I ran it this morning.

Been really enjoying the Taken King content so far, although I still have a bit to go before being ready for the raid (at around 250 light right now). I'm hoping to try more of the multiplayer components soon, since I've really stuck with single player for the most part outside of a handful of strikes.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to give the heads up, but I sent a request over to the PS4 Destiny community (PSN: JacksUsername).
Noted.

Frostburn

Good morning DGaf! In case you missed this awesome montage of my platforming skills during Oryx, here it is again-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wvw0qW-NCw

So anyone discover anything else in Paradox?

lol nicely put together video but yeah if you don't stop on the platforms you basically have to wait for the knight to port down. I can do this on all 3 classes but I actually think I can run the platforms fastest on my Hunter because there is no float time at all. It is nice to get it early because then you have extra time to clean up the adds and get into position before Oryx slams his fist, it is especially great with the ToM.

A lot of my friends are getting Battlefront but I don't know how to get myself excited about a game where I have no agency over a character's progress and equipment.

I just look at Halo and I'm like "Oh. I'm some other guy. Whatever."

Is that weird?

Even if Halo 5's campaign underwhelms, it's still going to blow Destiny's PvE story content out of the water, if not solely for the fact that they're linear missions that aren't confined to specific spaces (or retreading old ones for that matter). The story doesn't necessarily have me excited so much as the spectacle of a "new Halo campaign" and all that encompasses (especially its soundtrack).

Nevertheless, i'll most likely be done with that in a week or two. I doubt co-op through the Campaign is going to be something I endeavor to completing for more than achievements (if there was splitscreen co-op, that would be a different story), so I don't think it'll eclipse Destiny in replayability.

The multiplayer on the other hand, specifically Forge and Custom Games, is going to be my home for a while. I don't care for their online offerings, but making stuff and playing them with friends is Halo at its best.

So expect me to disappear from here at the end of this month, especially if King's Fall hard is anything like Crota's End was.

It's not a long run, but the whole quest line would be so much better without the fodder at the beginning. Without it it's a nice four part quest arc; it took me north of an hour for the last four parts, but I wasn't rushing it. It ended up being one of my favorite quests in the game. I just wish Bungie would excise these "kill X dudes" from quests entirely, and leave that kind of thing for bounties, if they really want them in the game. Just let us get to the fun part, darn it.

What's this about a ghost in the daily? Another secret? I ran it this morning.

Yeah, the kill fallen pirates on 3 planets was just padding to lengthen the quest line which basically just makes you backtrack into the same areas as previous missions.

The taken wars missions did the same but at least they were challenging and interesting, and the rewards were worth it (310 artifact, exotic scout, etc).

Wolves on Mars felt like a part of HoW that was cut out of the expansion and bundled along with TTK.

Yes, the daily has hidden ghosts for you to find, that trigger an alternate secret mission. Same thing that was glitched into last week.

That Paradox mission is awesome. So cool. The sense of exploration was great.

Also, anyway I can see how many of the DVALIN relics I found? I got one in Paradox 003 but idk if that was the last one I need.

Daemul

Don't act surprised when a lot of people play Halo 5, Star Wars, COD in the coming months.

Yep, my mates and I are beginning to wind down our Destiny time with the big MP games just over the horizon. TTK PvE has been fun but we're primarily PvP players and TTK's PvP has eh, not been very good to say the least. Halo 5 and Battlefront will keep us occupied until past the new year, though we'll probably come back to Destiny for some PvE stuff now and again.

Mupod

can you hold more than one DVALIN at a time? As an experiment I've been lugging one around on my Titan for a week now and he never found a second.

Top Bottom