• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

matmanx1

I am closing in on 300 Light more quickly and easily than I thought I would. Despite having zero raid drops I can reach 298.8 Light with my best gear on. And that's with a 290 Ghost that is no doubt holding me back.

Hopefully I will have some time to actually do some raiding this week. I've only been as far as Warpriest and only once. I feel like one or two 300+ pieces would take me over 300 and from then on I could use the 310 exotics to eventually infuse my favorite legendary stuff up.

Come on, RNG!

Major counts as 7%. This part literally takes 10 minutes on each of the 3 planets, just go to a major spawn location, kill, wait for respawn, repeat.

The following story missions are really short and simple, the whole thing takes barely half an hour to do.

Quests such as this often try my patience, so I tend to feel that time waiting for a respawn could be better used running around the map killing Dregs. I'll deal with it and complete the quest tonight. I did most of the Earth portion in The Devil's Lair strike.

The following missions seem simple enough. I would be correct in thinking that I can solo the rest of the missions in the quest? There's nothing that would warrant the use of a Fireteam, right?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yep, my mates and I are beginning to wind down our Destiny time with the big MP games just over the horizon. TTK PvE has been fun but we're primarily PvP players and TTK's PvP has eh, not been very good to say the least. Halo 5 and Battlefront will keep us occupied until past the new year, though we'll probably come back to Destiny for some PvE stuff now and again.

Agh i want to play Halo 5 so bad, but i cant justify getting a xbox in the near future.

I hate exclusivity anything.

Well i will head off for a few hours, stack some red bulls since my secret VOG stash has been found and get ready and hyped for SW beta. ImperialGAF will rule.

Shito

That Paradox mission is awesome. So cool. The sense of exploration was great.
Yeah, that was awesome, and I realized I still don't know VoG thaaat well... :D
Also got my 50 ghosts trophy on that first ghost fragment, so the automatic screencap will make for a nice memory... ^^

Yeah but can you get them out if order? I swear I've gotten 3 already but idk if 003 was one of them.
I can at least attest you got number 3 in our mission.
Don't know if you get them out of order, though...

Mets9

Ok, I'm probably going to order it and get it in a couple of days, just a couple of questions:
-can I play with randoms (although with unpredictable results) or is it impossible to do raids and what there is to do in teams or do I need to play with people on my friend list?

-where can I find a good starting guide for a total noob (updated to year 2, maybe with indications of where to read about story, lore and everything)?

Yeah, that was awesome, and I realized I still don't know VoG thaaat well... :D
Also got my 50 ghosts trophy on that first ghost fragment, so the automatic screencap will make for a nice memory... ^^

I can at least attest you got number 3 in our mission.
Don't know if you get them out of order, though...

Great fun!

DGAF: Hung Jury or Red Death Y2
Want whatever is the one that's balanced for PvP and PvE

I am closing in on 300 Light more quickly and easily than I thought I would. Despite having zero raid drops I can reach 298.8 Light with my best gear on. And that's with a 290 Ghost that is no doubt holding me back.

Hopefully I will have some time to actually do some raiding this week. I've only been as far as Warpriest and only once. I feel like one or two 300+ pieces would take me over 300 and from then on I could use the 310 exotics to eventually infuse my favorite legendary stuff up.

Come on, RNG!

Have you just been getting amazing engram rolls? I've been stuck at 295. Hope to do some raiding tomorrow though that should get me up to 300 fingers crossed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So um uh what's the dealio with the daily? You get these ghosts and that's it? You kill a boss in a portal?

Hawk we should do the daily first

BC9sSlxpRR5M4.gif
that sounds good, I'll have to look all the stuff up first myself. I know you get a ghost or something.

#humblebrag

Haha winning a rumble match with two of my non-pvp friends isn't something I'd brag about, I just thought it was funny. If I'd won with Stabie and Wicked in the fire team, that would be a different story :p

I want to make a post about the Hakke pulse rifle I've been using since right now it might be my go-to Trials primary. I'm curious what other people are planning to run since I still don't have a firm grasp on the new meta, at least for Elimination. I need to watch some high level sweaties on Twitch to see what the top dogs are using.

Those blueberries you matched up with. Shameful.
Wait a minute...

I can't decide between grinding out planetary materials to finish off my Arc and Void exotic swords for Armsday tomorrow, or grinding out more Rumble wins since it's the Daily. They both sound terrible. Maybe I won't do either...

Quests such as this often try my patience, so I tend to feel that time waiting for a respawn could be better used running around the map killing Dregs. I'll deal with it and complete the quest tonight. I did most of the Earth portion in The Devil's Lair strike.

The following missions seem simple enough. I would be correct in thinking that I can solo the rest of the missions in the quest? There's nothing that would warrant the use of a Fireteam, right?

Combine these kind of quests with daily bounties, or gunsmith test weapons to reduce your grind time. I usually watch videos on my laptop or play music while doing these kinds of activities.

Nah, the rest of the missions are super easy and solo-able comfortably.

shas'la

hey guys,

Got a squad of 4 cool dudes ready to raid, need 2 more who have some experience of it we only want to get to the end of the first boss so shouldn't take too long.

PS4 add me "shazla-"

Haha winning a rumble match with two of my non-pvp friends isn't something I'd brag about, I just thought it was funny. If I'd won with Stabie and Wicked in the fire team, that would be a different story :p

I want to make a post about the Hakke pulse rifle I've been using since right now it might be my go-to Trials primary. I'm curious what other people are planning to run since I still don't have a firm grasp on the new meta, at least for Elimination. I need to watch some high level sweaties on Twitch to see what the top dogs are using.

I can't decide between grinding out planetary materials to finish off my Arc and Void exotic swords for Armsday tomorrow, or grinding out more Rumble wins since it's the Daily. They both sound terrible. Maybe I won't do either...

Is it the vendor Hakke pulse rifle by chance? I was debating about grabbing that one next.

Raybunny

1 spot for a fast Kings Fall run. Experienced only since its reset run.

Newbie runs will be made during weekends. At least 3 of them.

Edit: Full

A lot of my friends are getting Battlefront but I don't know how to get myself excited about a game where I have no agency over a character's progress and equipment.

I just look at Halo and I'm like "Oh. I'm some other guy. Whatever."

Is that weird?

Not weird at all you feel like you want progression that you can see rather than skill based progression.

I am so sick of crucible now, too many terrible people play this game, I am finishing top of my team almost every game and the other team always has at least one fire team in it or more competent players.

Why oh why do I always have to get stuck with the moronic side, it's getting so bad I haven't got the last part of this quest which is a win with 6 kills for the last 10 games it feels like now.

Then I get a good team but we do too good and it triggers the mercy rule so I don't have time to get the last hand cannon kill!

I now finally did it but damn did that feel like a chore, fun wasn't even in the equation.

Matchmaking in this game is non existent, why do they even bother trying at all?

They don't drop in numerical order, but they do always drop in the same order. I believe it goes 002, 001, 004, 003. It's in the Sleeper Simulant theory thread on Reddit.

Yeah. I've been reading that thread like crazy. So I've completed the 4 relics...now to the next par- oh wait. WE DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS.

Shito

-can I play with randoms (although with unpredictable results) or is it impossible to do raids and what there is to do in teams or do I need to play with people on my friend list?
You can play everything but the raids and the nightfalls with randoms, with a result depending on your mileage, yeah. ^^
Since you have a GAF account, though, be assured that you'll be able to find people to raid with in this community. We're a helpful bunch. :)

that sounds good, I'll have to look all the stuff up first myself. I know you get a ghost or something.
Yeah, you need to do this.
The reward isn't much, but it's a really cool mission. It's basically an add-on to my favorite mission in the game so far. :)

Shito

Hung Jury or Y2 Red Death?

Preferably a gun balanced for PvP and PvE
Red Death is a better choice for PVP, while Hung Jury is probably a better choice for PVE.
I would say Red Death if you want one that will work wonders in both (I never could use a scout in PVP, it just doesn't work for me ^^).

Lnkn52

I've yet to see what Triple's loadout is but I believe that WYL has converted to Titan. Watch him play with either a MIDA for even faster skating or a pulse rifle.

Never seen Ducksauce stream before but he's loving Destiny. LOL

Mupod

Tellmemore.gif

Lyudmila?

What is the weapon

I have that one and...I dunno. It's got high impact and shoots 4 bullets, but it feels like it scales down the damage of its shots to account for that fourth shot. It's also got silly recoil even with Counterbalance...that at least removes the horrible horizontal drift.

I'm still hoping for a well rolled Year 2 Spare Change. I have an okay one. Right now I've been rocking Tlaloc and it's pretty gross. I wonder when that'll catch on or if people will all just get on the Sunbreaker train.

Mupod

How about a 310 raid pulse rifle for PvP? What would be the best perk?

I don't really think it's much of a pvp weapon. I will say it feels like it has very strong autoaim which makes its recoil not matter as much as it seems as long as you're in optimal range. I have one with Life Support, so maybe that?

get some rest so you can join me in KF tonight :)

Mets9

You can play everything but the raids and the nightfalls with randoms, with a result depending on your mileage, yeah. ^^
Since you have a GAF account, though, be assured that you'll be able to find people to raid with in this community. We're a helpful bunch. :)

Thank you for your answer :)
Also, is it mandatory to use a headset to play with other gaffers or would I be fine without it? Is communication totally needed during raids and nightfalls?

LiK

Also, is it mandatory to use a headset to play with other gaffers or would I be fine without it? Is communication totally needed during raids and nightfalls?

NF can be micless, but unless you're Kadey, raids especially King's Fall raid requires a mic esp if you're not part of a raid crew.

spyder_ur

I kid you Drizz.

I'm also very curious to see what the first week of Trials (and even to a lesser extent IB) looks like next week. Will be kind of refreshing to see lot of different gear and light levels. Honestly I have no idea what I've been using. Been messing around with various scouts, Hawkmoon, MIDA, etc. Might have to buy the new Red Death.

I think it will be weird seeing way less optimal builds than we were at the end of the last Trials.

Shito

Nightfall you can do just fine without a mic or any communication, but the raids do require communication, yeah, especially the last one -- Bungie is clearly moving into a direction where they want every member to be active in them at all time.
If you are mic shy or just don't have one yet, you can still participate in raids, just make sure you say you don't have a mic and that you can listen to what other people are saying. But ideally a mic is better, even if it's just to give a few calls once in a while or ask about things you don't understand -- don't need to be the chatty type. :)

Top Bottom