• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

I have that one and...I dunno. It's got high impact and shoots 4 bullets, but it feels like it scales down the damage of its shots to account for that fourth shot. It's also got silly recoil even with Counterbalance...that at least removes the horrible horizontal drift.

I'm still hoping for a well rolled Year 2 Spare Change. I have an okay one. Right now I've been rocking Tlaloc and it's pretty gross. I wonder when that'll catch on or if people will all just get on the Sunbreaker train.

That 4th Hakke shot rather than being awesome is actually a disappointment. Damage is normalized across the burst, but not recoil. It gets an extra bullets worth of movement off target and it sucks.

I have a Lyudmilla with Hand-Laid-Stock and Zen Moment and I can say it's "better", but it isn't great. The Herja-D with Counterbalance from Gunsmith Rank 3 is decent, about the same par. The Villiany is also stable, but higher TTK. Hacksaw is faster rate of fire, & stable-er. I've also seen a lot of people lusting after Suros Pulses. Otherwise, it's Hakke with both perks required to be stability.

It seems like there are a lot of pulses out there that are solid, but probably can't keep up with Year 1/2 Exotics. They'll do well in 6v6, but probably aren't there without God rolls for Trials and the like. I think the Year 2 Meta, at least at the start, will be Exotic Primary or GTFO for Trials. Then as people get more and more loot drops, we'll see some stronger Legendaries emerge.

Dunlop

Ran thought the raid for the first time about 1 hour ago an my nerves are still shot.

I was screwing up most jumps, getting more infuriated each time (thus making it worse) to realize at Oryx that my son had switched the Wifi on my PS4 to my American VPN router last night so I had been gaming though my VPN the whole time .

Thank you extra patient Gaffer's I would have kicked my ass after the 2nd fail at the sisters lol.

Fun raid but I think I will be scarred about jumping for a while.....

PuMa

I want to make a post about the Hakke pulse rifle I've been using since right now it might be my go-to Trials primary. I'm curious what other people are planning to run since I still don't have a firm grasp on the new meta, at least for Elimination. I need to watch some high level sweaties on Twitch to see what the top dogs are using.

Are you talking about the Herja-D that the gunsmith had last week? If so, it's super solid, but I like the SUROS PDX-41 even better. I have both with stability bonuses and the SUROS one fires a bit tighter.

Tellmemore.gif

Lyudmila?

What is the weapon

Is it the vendor Hakke pulse rifle by chance? I was debating about grabbing that one next.

Not sure if it's the same one as the vendor, but it is called Lyudmila (sp?). It's the same Impact and RoF as Messenger, highest impact class of PR, with the same stability, slightly higher range and a 36 round mag. That's comparing to Messenger w all stability perks and 27 mag.

I got mine from a Gunsmith package and it dropped with Headseeker (same as Messenger) plus Counterbalance (no left-right recoil, burst is a straight vertical line) and Hand Laid Stock that boosts stability while only decreasing reload.

The catch is that Hakke PRs fire 4-round bursts by default, so it can fire the same 9 bursts per mag as Messenger but can kill full health Guardians in two bursts regardless of their armor stat. You weren't supposed to be able to do that according to their weapon balancing patch notes, lol.

1 spot for a fast Kings Fall run. Experienced only since its reset run.

Such rudeness. Kappa.

Are you talking about the Herja-D that the gunsmith had last week? If so, it's super solid, but I like the SUROS PDX-41 even better. I have both with stability bonuses and the SUROS one fires a bit tighter.

Posted some more details above, I'll try to upload a screenshot when I get a chance.

Can you do the chaperone quest with the NF?

You wish :p

I enjoyed the chaperone strike, did it with randoms even. Love both the new strikes on the dreadnaught.

Chaperone strike isn't bad at all. Just have a good void special and solar heavy to take care of those shielded scions and centurions.

Void 1000 YS + Solar sword is the best combination.

inthrall

Not sure if it's the same one as the vendor, but it is called Lyudmila (sp?). It's the same Impact and RoF as Messenger, highest impact class of PR, with the same stability, slightly higher range and a 36 round mag. That's comparing to Messenger w all stability perks and 27 mag.

I got mine from a Gunsmith package and it dropped with Headseeker (same as Messenger) plus Counterbalance (no left-right recoil, burst is a straight vertical line) and Hand Laid Stock that boosts stability while only decreasing reload.

The catch is that Hakke PRs fire 4-round bursts by default, so it can fire the same 9 bursts per mag as Messenger but can kill full health Guardians in two bursts regardless of their armor stat. You weren't supposed to be able to do that according to their weapon balancing patch notes, lol.

Such rudeness. Kappa.

Posted some more details above, I'll try to upload a screenshot when I get a chance.

Thaq roll sounds excellent, I'm a bit jealous. I miss my spare change .25

Shito

So as a Y2 only player, how do I acquire Red Death?

My guess (I can't stress the word *guess* enough) would be acquire it through a Legacy Engram first, then you could pull it from the kiosk.

I haven't done it myself though and I haven't seen it discussed as viable so be wary.
Yes, that would work.
You can also get it to drop in year 1 activities dropping exotics, namely the two raids and the prisons of elders.
You could also get the Y2 version directly from the nightfall, with a bit
much
of luck.

finding these secrets would be so much more satisfying if they were contextualized in-game with a map or something. reading guides and youtube videos completely takes me out of it.

it's nice though that the Vault of Glass is getting some more mileage. There's so much geometry in this Raid.

LiK

finding these secrets would be so much more satisfying if they were contextualized in-game with a map or something. reading guides and youtube videos completely takes me out of it.

it's nice though that the Vault of Glass is getting some more mileage. There's so much geometry in this Raid.

I wanna hear Kabr's voice :( the legendary Titan.

Lnkn52

This guy needs your help on how to wield a gun in PvP.

http://www.twitch.tv/ducksauce

Shito

I assume prison of elders is the most soloable of these choices?
Yep, the 28 version has matchmaking.
Haven't run any new one since TTK, but the chest at the end had a (small) chance at dropping an exotic, so I assume it works the same now, with the three HoW exotic weapons being added to the pool. You do need treasure keys for it, though, which are a bit harder to obtain now (I think you can only get them from the small chests nowadays?).

phen0m24

Such rudeness. Kappa.

Nice roll bud. Mine rolled with full auto and fitted stock, so the stability is a tad lower than Messenger but other stats are about the same.

BLCKATK

Haven't run any new one since TTK, but the chest at the end had a (small) chance at dropping an exotic, so I assume it works the same now, with the three HoW exotic weapons being added to the pool. You do need treasure keys for it, though, which are a bit harder to obtain now (I think you can only get them from the small chests nowadays?).

You also get 1 a week for completing your first Taken Bounty from Petra.

BahamutPT

IIRC you also get one key per week from the first Petra bounty. Can't remember if it's per character or per account.
Edit: Aaaand beaten

Shito

You also get 1 a week for completing your first Taken Bounty from Petra.
IIRC you also get one key per week from the first Petra bounty. Can't remember if it's per character or per account.
Edit: Aaaand beaten
Oh, didn't know that, probably because I've had 5 keys on my characters for the longest time now. ^^
I should run some 28s one of these days just to use them...

I soloed the first round of 35 PoE the other day just for fun and it was a breeze. Plus since you can block Skolas' poison with your sword it's definitely doable solo.
Wow, that's good to know!
Will have to try this once, just for the fun of it. :)

PuMa

Sounds dirty. I need it. I thought I grabbed all the armsday pulse rifles so far, but I don't have this one.

Top Bottom