• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Shito

I wonder if Bungie will sell Tree of Coins for real money down the line.

I would buy a Tree of Coins.
OyxSw6K.gif

Yeah that would be the kind of thing that would make me quit this game for good and not look back.

Yeah, the issue with that is it would continue the slippery slope of microtransactions. Technically you're not buying 'power' or P2W, since 3oC are earnable in game and they're a gambling item. I could see it becoming 'fair game' and Bungie justifying as an optional microtransaction.

I got mine (Lyudmila) from a Gunsmith package and it dropped with Headseeker (same as Messenger) plus Counterbalance (no left-right recoil, burst is a straight vertical line) and Hand Laid Stock that boosts stability while only decreasing reload.

As if you weren't already going to Mercury again, this is your ticket. :p

Gatdamn, I want that gun. Mine just has Hand Laid Stock and it needs more stability before I'm happy with it.

Recall

Looking to make a fire team for these PVP bounties. Any one wanna pair up?

PSN is RecallBerserk

Level 40, 271 light here.

Mets9

Nightfall you can do just fine without a mic or any communication, but the raids do require communication, yeah, especially the last one -- Bungie is clearly moving into a direction where they want every member to be active in them at all time.
If you are mic shy or just don't have one yet, you can still participate in raids, just make sure you say you don't have a mic and that you can listen to what other people are saying. But ideally a mic is better, even if it's just to give a few calls once in a while or ask about things you don't understand -- don't need to be the chatty type. :)

Thank you, yeah I'm mic shy :p
Ok, game ordered, hope I'll like it a lot :D

I kid you Drizz.

I'm also very curious to see what the first week of Trials (and even to a lesser extent IB) looks like next week. Will be kind of refreshing to see lot of different gear and light levels. Honestly I have no idea what I've been using. Been messing around with various scouts, Hawkmoon, MIDA, etc. Might have to buy the new Red Death.

I think it will be weird seeing way less optimal builds than we were at the end of the last Trials.

Yeah, obviously the last meta got suuuper stale but the standardized optimal loadouts had one main advantage: everyone was using the same stuff so winning/losing was truly a matter of skill. You weren't fighting someone who got lucky with a God roll perk drop, everyone had re-rolled the same God tier secondaries to pair with their exotic Hand cannon of choice. It always felt good to beat Thorn with TLW 1v1 or outsnipe His Benevolence with My Benevolence.

get some rest so you can join me in KF tonight :)

Lol yeah I'm going to take your advice and go with option C, none of the above. Tuesdays always have Destiny-filled mornings to knock out the raids and NFs so I should do life stuff anyway.

Shito

Thank you, yeah I'm mic shy :p
Ok, game ordered, hope I'll like it a lot :D
I'm not too comfortable with a mic either, and always was some kind of lone wolf in multiplayer games, yet this game got me to buy a "proper" headset and start using it with strangers.
Hope you will enjoy Destiny, it's an awesome game to play with people if it clicks with you. :)

Trakan

I'm curious to know what people who originally shot down this rumor think now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...posting_old_leaks_that_have_now_gained_a_lot/

Yeah that would be the kind of thing that would make me quit this game for good and not look back.

If they did it with 3oc, it shouldn't make you mad. You earn coins so fast to buy them, I can buy like 100 a week. It's not really pay to win, it's still RNG and just cuts back on time. They're not selling weapons/armor outright.

PuMa

Yeah, obviously the last meta got suuuper stale but the standardized optimal loadouts had one main advantage: everyone was using the same stuff so winning/losing was truly a matter of skill. You weren't fighting someone who got lucky with a God roll perk drop, everyone had re-rolled the same God tier secondaries to pair with their exotic Hand cannon of choice. It always felt good to beat Thorn with TLW 1v1 or outsnipe His Benevolence with My Benevolence My Supremacy.

Minor correction

Meh 304 Ghost, 300 Hand Cannon and 310 Titan Mark not once but twice!! Guess I'll infuse one into the New Monarchy exotic butt towel.

Has anyone else gotten exotic as loot from Oryx kill? Today I got 310 4th Horseman from loot chest, after we killed Oryx.

Yup, two of my clanmates just pulled a 310 Suros and 310 Truth out of that chest.

Namikaze1

Finally done dog-sitting for the day. No more picking up poop! Time for some Destiny.

If anyone needs help with the daily, I'm game. Need to pass the time somehow till the raid.

Mets9

I'm not too comfortable with a mic either, and always was some kind of lone wolf in multiplayer games, yet this game got me to buy a "proper" headset and start using it with strangers.
Hope you will enjoy Destiny, it's an awesome game to play with people if it clicks with you. :)
That's basicly my description, although I have an ok headset :p really hope it clicks with me!

Are you talking about the Herja-D that the gunsmith had last week? If so, it's super solid, but I like the SUROS PDX-41 even better. I have both with stability bonuses and the SUROS one fires a bit tighter.

What's the 41 like in PvP vs PvE? I'm looking for a pulse rifle to add to my collection, at least until I get the Red Death. I'm not one to consistently change up my primary, so I like have a weapon that works well in both areas.

Not a bad day in Destiny. Got my Touch of Malice. Finished the raid with only one wipe (Oryx). Got the helmet, gauntlets, sniper, and shotgun. And got my 310 artifact for finishing the main quest line.

matmanx1

Have you just been getting amazing engram rolls? I've been stuck at 295. Hope to do some raiding tomorrow though that should get me up to 300 fingers crossed.

I have the 300 secondary from The Vanguard strikes quest (infused it into my 1000-Yard Stare) the 300 artifact from the Eris Morn quest line and I have the 310 Raze-Lighter sword. Everything else is in the 295-298 range except my ghost which is 290.

That 4th Hakke shot rather than being awesome is actually a disappointment. Damage is normalized across the burst, but not recoil. It gets an extra bullets worth of movement off target and it sucks.

I have a Lyudmilla with Hand-Laid-Stock and Zen Moment and I can say it's "better", but it isn't great. The Herja-D with Counterbalance from Gunsmith Rank 3 is decent, about the same par. The Villiany is also stable, but higher TTK. Hacksaw is faster rate of fire, & stable-er. I've also seen a lot of people lusting after Suros Pulses. Otherwise, it's Hakke with both perks required to be stability.

It seems like there are a lot of pulses out there that are solid, but probably can't keep up with Year 1/2 Exotics. They'll do well in 6v6, but probably aren't there without God rolls for Trials and the like. I think the Year 2 Meta, at least at the start, will be Exotic Primary or GTFO for Trials. Then as people get more and more loot drops, we'll see some stronger Legendaries emerge.

Lets just say my experience with my Lyudmila w/ Counterbalance has been very, very good. 2 burst kills are the norm but you do have to adjust to the uptick on the recoil.

Not sure if it's the same one as the vendor, but it is called Lyudmila (sp?). It's the same Impact and RoF as Messenger, highest impact class of PR, with the same stability, slightly higher range and a 36 round mag. That's comparing to Messenger w all stability perks and 27 mag.

I got mine from a Gunsmith package and it dropped with Headseeker (same as Messenger) plus Counterbalance (no left-right recoil, burst is a straight vertical line) and Hand Laid Stock that boosts stability while only decreasing reload.

The catch is that Hakke PRs fire 4-round bursts by default, so it can fire the same 9 bursts per mag as Messenger but can kill full health Guardians in two bursts regardless of their armor stat. You weren't supposed to be able to do that according to their weapon balancing patch notes, lol.

Such rudeness. Kappa.

Posted some more details above, I'll try to upload a screenshot when I get a chance.

I've been trying to keep quiet about this one but more folks are talking about it so I will also. The Lyudmila with Counterbalance is very strong. It has been my go to primary in Crucible for several weeks now. 4 shot bursts and a headshot does 31 while a bodyshot does 21. 2 bursts will kill and you don't even have to land all shots to the head!

31+31+21+21 = 104! If you connect only 50% of your shots as head shots during those two bursts you will still kill the vast majority of opponents in 2 bursts! Suffice it to say I no longer feel the need to run a primary exotic. Just make sure you order one with Counterbalance to get rid of the nasty left right bounce.

PuMa

What's the 41 like in PvP vs PvE? I'm looking for a pulse rifle to add to my collection, at least until I get the Red Death. I'm not one to consistently change up my primary, so I like have a weapon that works well in both areas.

Um, it's fantastic...with a good roll of course. You need a stability buff. I don't even have the perfect roll (I have Rodeo/Hand-Laid Stock), and I've been loving it. It's not the highest impact PR though. It's more like Hopscotch than Messenger.

atRBWJX.png

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some guy afk'd for 5 strikes in a row. I'd like to see a boot vote option for those inactive after several minutes.

matmanx1

Next week for Trials:

-Red Death
-1000 Yd Stare
-Sword

Also, Tread Upon Stars destroys in PvP

What makes Treads Upon Stars better than any other legendary scout? I have one (and it's 298!) but it doesn't feel much different to me than a Vision of Confluence or the Vanguard scout, Not Like the Others.

Deku Tree

I'm curious to know what people who originally shot down this rumor think now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...posting_old_leaks_that_have_now_gained_a_lot/

If they did it with 3oc, it shouldn't make you mad. You earn coins so fast to buy them, I can buy like 100 a week. It's not really pay to win, it's still RNG and just cuts back on time. They're not selling weapons/armor outright.

It's one very small step away from straight out selling exotic engrams for real world money. I'm not interested in playing that kind of video game.

Anyone still hanging on to Tokens of Judgement/Flight and /or Armor/Weapon Cores?

I'm preparing for a purge tonight and I'm having trouble deciding whether to stash them on my Warlock, or just trash them.

Shito

Next week for Trials:

-Red Death
-1000 Yd Stare
-Sword

A friend asked me what the new meta was for PVP earlier today. I had never thought about it before having to answer him, but it's kinda neat the heavy slot has no definitive answer for it: rocket launchers, machine guns and swords are all viable, depending on your play style.
That's at least one slot they got fine. ^^

Anyone still hanging on to Tokens of Judgement/Flight and /or Armor/Weapon Cores?

I'm preparing for a purge tonight and I'm having trouble deciding whether to stash them on my Warlock, or just trash them.

You should have plenty of room in that section of the vault if you don't want to scrap them.

Deku Tree

You have posted several times now that you are basically extremely certain that Bungie has absolutely no interest in MTs that affect gameplay at all even in "very slight" ways.

Do you mind if I ask whether this is just your personal opinion or do you have some stronger reason to believe that this is the case? Thanks!

Next week for Trials:

-Red Death
-1000 Yd Stare
-Sword

red death and stare sounds good for bigger map.. although i might use still piercer on my hunter

also plan on using hawk moon and conspiracy theory if its smaller map

for heavy i think ill use FWC rocket launcher with the grenades and horseshoes and high velocity

is the new meta some kind of new buzzterm? never heard it before until recently

Mindlog

Lame.
I was playing cautiously through the daily to unlock the mysteries. Skating around to pick up ammo and an invisible detain shield pops up around me. I have no idea where it is as I can't see it anywhere and it kills me :\

Nightfalls!
There was a point where I had more Answering Chords than Strange Coins.
The last Nightfall gave me 12 coins so that's no longer the case.
I have had more Answering Chord drops than Strange Coin drops so I have that going for me.

Is Red Death the only high impact Year 2 Pulse Rifle. I seem to recall many better options on the high impact front, but never bothered looking. I'll replace mine eventually, but I've had a lot of success with Bad Juju.

The tokens can be consumed for House Judgment rep. The cores are most likely useless but like etheric light, they may have an exchange later on, so I would hold on to them.

Top Bottom