• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Lyonaz

Fuck Yeah finally got Oryx down with my regular group. Bit late but still that loving feeling when it happens.

Touch of Malice here I come.

Afrocious

Awesome, I'm finally in (for now :(...)

Scratch that: Got kicked off...

Also, here's my stream that's gonna be used for the raid once I get this nonsense fixed or be allowed in....: http://www.twitch.tv/YourBoyAfro

Would like folks to tell me if they can hear me and stuff as well.

@Forgrim if I can get online, I'll def let you know. Man this is frustrating

A friend asked me what the new meta was for PVP earlier today. I had never thought about it before having to answer him, but it's kinda neat the heavy slot has no definitive answer for it: rocket launchers, machine guns and swords are all viable, depending on your play style.
That's at least one slot they got fine. ^^

probably red death for the primary slot--but all things being equal, it would lose to a hawk moon at shorter ranges.

but for the most part, there are a lot of really viable weapons for PvP.

You have posted several times now that you are basically extremely certain that Bungie has absolutely no interest in MTs that affect gameplay at all even in "very slight" ways.

Do you mind if I ask whether this is just your personal opinion or do you have some stronger reason to believe that this is the case? Thanks!

We can't be certain of how far Bungie will go. I know you're not asking me, but I talked about it earlier, the slippery slope of DLC. It starts with Cosmetics, and then things that affect gameplay. Hell, nobody pointed it out but the exotic you got from preordering affected gameplay, it gave bonus experience for your class/level. People should've had an uproar over that. "Oh, but it's just experience, that doesn't affect anything."

I mean...the same argument could be made for 3oC. "Oh it's just a gambling mechanic and you can buy it in game, it doesn't really affect anything."

Personally? I'm taking a sit and wait approach. They've literally sold an exotic, despite it not being able to be leveled up, but it is a path they could take.

Sullichin

We can't be certain of how far Bungie will go. I know you're not asking me, but I talked about it earlier, the slippery slope of DLC. It starts with Cosmetics, and then things that affect gameplay. Hell, nobody pointed it out but the exotic you got from preordering affected gameplay, it gave bonus experience for your class/level. People should've had an uproar over that. "Oh, but it's just experience, that doesn't affect anything."

I mean...the same argument could be made for 3oC. "Oh it's just a gambling mechanic and you can buy it in game, it doesn't really affect anything."

Personally? I'm taking a sit and wait approach. They've literally sold an exotic, despite it not being able to be leveled up, but it is a path they could take.

What exotic are you talking about?

Awesome, I'm finally in (for now :(...)

Scratch that: Got kicked off...

Also, here's my stream that's gonna be used for the raid once I get this nonsense fixed or be allowed in....: http://www.twitch.tv/YourBoyAfro

Would like folks to tell me if they can hear me and stuff as well.

@Forgrim if I can get online, I'll def let you know. Man this is frustrating

Have you got your party chat settings set to always allow voice to be shared or whatever the fuck it is? Should be fine.

chogidogs

Need 2 to help out at Kings Fall. We're at the last boss. We start again in 10 minutes.

PSN Names:
1. JamonSerranoSky
2. dayeight
3. Chogidogs
4. Sephi22

Sorry. Team got dissolved :( Thanks for carrying a first timer though.

The tokens can be consumed for House Judgment rep. The cores are most likely useless but like etheric light, they may have an exchange later on, so I would hold on to them.

Alright, I'll keep them. Good tip about the tokens!

It's amazing how much stuff has accumulated.

Passage Coins - 247
Glimmer Consumables - 463
Rad/Ass Energies - 957
Blue Polyphage - 536

X-Frame

Is The Chaperone viable in Trials?

Or is it the equivalent of using No Land Beyond in Trials in that it can be deadly in skilled hands but otherwise a novelty, fun weapon where a regular, high-impact and high-range shotgun should be used instead?

It has such high aim assist and the stability is near maxed plus it's range is great if you can line up headshots, which is easy if you practice.

I just don't have a Year 2 shotgun with Shot Package and my quest given Conspiracy-D shotgun doesn't feel nearly as good as my HoW God-rolled Party Crasher.

Sullichin

The 3 Exotic Class items you got by buying the Collectors Edition. They had perks that gave you +25% EXP for your new Subclass and +10% EXP for levelling. The tradeoff is that they can't be infused.

The preorder class marks. They provided a 25% subclass levelling boost and 10% overall level boost. Whether this affects you after max level, the mote of light 'levelling' threshold would take some testing.

Oh right I forgot about that since I didn't get the collector's edition. Seems like I didn't miss anything but a class item that would quickly become obsolete

The very fact that those "exotics" can't be infused beyond 170 and can't be equipped along with another piece of exotic armor should tell you that is the very opposite of what you are arguing.

They are like red bull codes. "Hey, spend some money so you can get an item that gives you bonus xp but is absolutely useless after 2-3 hours of game time".

Oh right I forgot about that since I didn't get the collector's edition. Seems like I didn't miss anything but a class item that would quickly become obsolete

indeed.. its only 170 light and not infusible.. it also takes up your exotic slot

i think theres enough downsides to it that it wouldn't be worth complaining about

if it say .. increased your chances of loot drops then yeah

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah it's stupid, because they should have a) had the ability to be infused to bring them up to higher light levels, even if just for a cosmetic item, and b) had The Life Exotic park (like all the Faction Exotic items)so you could wear them with another piece of Exotic armour.

Those CE Exotic items were obsolete before people even opened their TTK boxes ~_~

indeed.. its only 170 light and not infusible.. it also takes up your exotic slot

i think theres enough downsides to it that it wouldn't be worth complaining about

if it say .. increased your chances of loot drops then yeah

Yup. Thanks for buying the useless CE cosmetic stuff guys, you are responsible for everyone getting free content down the line ;)

The very fact that those "exotics" can't be infused beyond 170 and can't be equipped along with another piece of exotic armor should tell you that is the very opposite of what you are arguing.

They are like red bull codes. "Hey, spend some money so you can get an item that gives you bonus xp but is absolutely useless after 2-3 hours of game time".

That's the point, it's a slippery slope and they can extend that to things like 3 of coins. 'But you can already earn those in game, and it's only a chance at earning something!'. I'm simply playing Devils Advocate. Yes, those exotics can't be infused, BUT they do give you a gameplay edge by letting you level yourself and your subclass faster. If you wanted an *optimal* leveling experience, you wanted one of those marks.

EL CUCO

Is The Chaperone viable in Trials?

Or is it the equivalent of using No Land Beyond in Trials in that it can be deadly in skilled hands but otherwise a novelty, fun weapon where a regular, high-impact and high-range shotgun should be used instead?

It has such high aim assist and the stability is near maxed plus it's range is great if you can line up headshots, which is easy if you practice.

I just don't have a Year 2 shotgun with Shot Package and my quest given Conspiracy-D shotgun doesn't feel nearly as good as my HoW God-rolled Party Crasher.
The Chaperone is a beast of a shotty ONLY while the Roadborn perk is active, which only activates after you get a headshot kill (with whatever weapon) for about 10 seconds. Without that perk, its fast fire rate and cool animation make it fun to use but it becomes nothing more than a mediocre and highly inconsistent Shotgun. Dont believe the Chaperone cheerleaders.

Yeah it's stupid, because they should have a) had the ability to be infused to bring them up to higher light levels, even if just for a cosmetic item, and b) had The Life Exotic park (like all the Faction Exotic items)so you could wear them with another piece of Exotic armour.

No, just no. Accepting that just paves the road to what breezy was talking about. You should be glad that is not the case. You paid 20 bucks for your stupid dance, now live with it :p

Sullichin

The Chaperone is a beast of a shotty ONLY while the Roadborn perk is active, which only activates after you get a headshot kill (with whatever weapon) for about 10 seconds. Without that perk, its fast fire rate and cool animation make it fun to use but it becomes nothing more than a mediocre and highly inconsistent Shotgun. Dont believe the Chaperone cheerleaders.

Gotta say I was pretty disappointed by this weapon. I was excited because it says it fires a single slug. I thought it would feel drastically different than other shotguns, but it doesn't. It just means that you can pinpoint a precision shot more easily, but at the same time if you miss it doesn't have anywhere near the spread of a normal shotgun.

I think it's far easier to go on a rampage with one of the regular ass broken shotguns in the game.

That's the point, it's a slippery slope and they can extend that to things like 3 of coins. 'But you can already earn those in game, and it's only a chance at earning something!'. I'm simply playing Devils Advocate. Yes, those exotics can't be infused, BUT they do give you a gameplay edge by letting you level yourself and your subclass faster. If you wanted an *optimal* leveling experience, you wanted one of those marks.

That is why many exotics are not even in the 3oC loot table. No one will spend real $$ for a chance at getting more alpha lupis :)

That is why many exotics are not even in the 3oC loot table. No one will spend real $$ for a chance at getting more alpha lupis :)

And that's where the slippery slope begins.

"Oh it's just a chance for engram exotics. Who'd buy that?"
"Oh it's just planetary materials. Who'd buy that?"
"Oh it's just Exotic Sword materials. Who'd buy that?"

And so on and so on. People would justify it to themselves that they could earn it in game, Bungie would justify it that it's a faster way to get something, that it's not buying 'power' or exotics straight. It's what this could eventually lead to if Bungie takes the evil path.

Afrocious

Zocano pls where are you :(

If he doesn't show, anyone else want to join up to do King's Fall from the start? Already got 5 people.

SnakeEyes

Banned
No, just no. Accepting that just paves the road to what breezy was talking about. You should be glad that is not the case. You paid 20 bucks for your stupid dance, now live with it :p
I got the Collectors Edition, so I don't feel like I was gipped or anything because I got all the other physical stuff :)

And, like I said, I want the items for cosmetic purposes. I can't even have that though because they're not viable for end-game usage, because of their inability to be brought into line with other items.

Top Bottom