• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Frostburn

Do you have to get all three ghosts and then finish the mission on one life?

Because I honestly have no fucking clue how to get from the first ghost shell to the templar area. I'd rather just reset and go to orbit then try to hunt my way around this nonsense looking for a door.

Have to do them all on the same mission without dying (or wiping if in a fireteam)

Do you have to get all three ghosts and then finish the mission on one life?

Because I honestly have no fucking clue how to get from the first ghost shell to the templar area. I'd rather just reset and go to orbit then try to hunt my way around this nonsense looking for a door.

from what I understand, you just can't wipe.

Trakan

And that's where the slippery slope begins.

"Oh it's just a chance for engram exotics. Who'd buy that?"
"Oh it's just planetary materials. Who'd buy that?"
"Oh it's just Exotic Sword materials. Who'd buy that?"

And so on and so on. People would justify it to themselves that they could earn it in game, Bungie would justify it that it's a faster way to get something, that it's not buying 'power' or exotics straight. It's what this could eventually lead to if Bungie takes the evil path.

That's not even close to the slipper slope IMO. You're describing shortcuts. Maybe they'll sell a Spark of Light type item that power levels you straight to 40 with all subclasses unlocked. I don't get why it upsets people. They're not selling a pre-patch Mythoclast or Thorn here.

Jblanks

Is Skyburners Annex any good or should I stick with Graviton Forfeit ? Don't really like either, but Graviton is 310; I never use shadestep.

They must have had at least a vague plan for all of those spaces.

The cave in the alternate jumping puzzle was always most suspicious to me. The geometry inside looked tailor-made for a chest to appear, specifically as a reward for killing all the Gorgons similar to the chest that spawned after killing Templar without teleports. That theory was too good not to be true, so sad it didn't pan out.

Regardless, I still love that they put "useless" alternate pathways in the raid, especially the first one in Trials of Kabr. It's such a beautiful, mysterious place. A crack in the ceiling where sunlight spills onto a lone grassy tree, somehow managing to grow among all the Vex architecture. Reminds me of Kabr, the last vestige of life holding out against the machine.

JackHerer

I went through the raid today with a group with only one wipe the entire time and it was at Oryx. Only my second time completing the raid and it's amazing how much easier it is with a solid group.

I got a chest piece and some boots. Unfortunately because they wanted to rush I still haven't gotten the fragments in the maze and still can't get my Touch of Malice. I may have to run it again this week. Might be hard finding a group willing to stop unlock the chest though. My other option is to clear tier 3 CoO this weekend next. I only need 3 including the nightfall one.

And then there was Crota's End... >.>

lol tell me about it. My wife would get bummed out whenever she saw me in Crota's room, "it's such a dreary place."

I spent way too much time in there running sword for folks *shudder* Oh well, at least the company of my fellow Guardians kept me going which I guess is the point after all.

But seriously, as somebody who only went to the Templar via the obvious, normal, sane, functional human brain way, where you just follow the tunnel, how the hell do you get from the first ghost to that battle area? I've been bouncing around grassy platforms for like 20 minutes looking for an opening. Is it high or low?

Deku Tree

Yep. We killed them all and it didn't affect anything.

Oh ok thanks... but if you wipe at any point in the regular story parts then the rest of the ghosts despawn and you can't continue to the final hidden area. And you have to go to orbit and restart. Pretty sure of that.

Wasn't sure if it was wiping or killing the vex that did it.

But seriously, as somebody who only went to the Templar via the obvious, normal, sane, functional human brain way, where you just follow the tunnel, how the hell do you get from the first ghost to that battle area? I've been bouncing around grassy platforms for like 20 minutes looking for an opening. Is it high or low?

Low. When you're on the grassy tree ledge area look for a platform a ways down below you, in the same direction you head when you first drop into that place. Keep going straight from there and then eventually hook to your left for the exit tunnel that links back up with the usual Templar entrance area. There are a few tricky jumps along the way though, take your time.

Oh ok thanks... but if you wipe at any point in the regular story parts then the rest of the ghosts despawn and you can't continue to the final hidden area. And you have to go to orbit and restart. Pretty sure of that.

Yep, that's definitely true. You can't wipe before you've killed the baby-Templar-Hydra boss, then head to the jumping puzzle and make sure not to activate the ghost at Praedyth's skeleton.

The cave in the alternate jumping puzzle was always most suspicious to me. The geometry inside looked tailor-made for a chest to appear, specifically as a reward for killing all the Gorgons similar to the chest that spawned after killing Templar without teleports. That theory was too good not to be true, so sad it didn't pan out.

Regardless, I still love that they put "useless" alternate pathways in the raid, especially the first one in Trials of Kabr. It's such a beautiful, mysterious place. A crack in the ceiling where sunlight spills onto a lone grassy tree, somehow managing to grow among all the Vex architecture. Reminds me of Kabr, the last vestige of life holding out against the machine.

Compare that with the dunking puzzle Easter Egg in King's Fall :p

This won't get much traction since most people aren't in this position, but if anyone from Bungie reads this, remove the fucking 'Returning Victor' bounty. You literally cannot complete three PvP Nightfalls this week because of this shit.

LTWood12

Been stuck on the golf course all day. So we have another daily mystery it seems. Anyone got a readers digest version of what to do?

I went through the raid today with a group with only one wipe the entire time and it was at Oryx. Only my second time completing the raid and it's amazing how much easier it is with a solid group.

I got a chest piece and some boots. Unfortunately because they wanted to rush I still haven't gotten the fragments in the maze and still can't get my Touch of Malice. I may have to run it again this week. Might be hard finding a group willing to stop unlock the chest though. My other option is to clear tier 3 CoO this weekend next. I only need 3 including the nightfall one.

Just do the tier 3 CoO for one. It's fairly easy. Got it done with 3 people. If you haven't gotten all the tier 2 ones then do those as well. There's also the CoO bounty that gives you one if you haven't gotten that yet.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone know how to get a Helium Filaments ghost? Its the only one I really need but no one sells it.

Top Bottom