• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

LTWood12

The 2nd legendary to drop for me weeks ago when TTK launched was this little fella
KjXIyix.jpg

Not flashy in the perks department, but damn does it feel good to shoot. I'm thinking of infusing it past 300, but am I crazy?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, probably not buy as many if I don't feel I'll be able to use enough until a get an engram in a weekend, haha, but good point probably nothing.
Gotcha. Since the buff itself stays active on your character, no reason to think the % increase wouldn't stick around

Oh shit, did people find the real way into the secret area of that story quest where you go to the vault of glass? Gotta get in on that.

Deku Tree

lol this Raid loot is as bad as Vault of Glass was. Just a chest piece and a bunch of shards so far.

Yeah but once your 300 then your already over leveled for the whole raid. So it's not like being a 29 in VoG HM. I've done the raid six times and I have almost everything plus dups on three characters. Nothing like running VoG for two months and never seeing boots drop.

coy

Bungie sandbox designer Jon Weisnewski explains what the Aim Assist and Accuracy stats actually mean!

https://youtu.be/jwyGYiGwp2U?t=1h3m50s

Everything was Range.
This was a good episode and made for a pleasant drive home yesterday. You can tell he loves what he does even when he gets shit for "breaking" the weapons we love. Anyhow, I'll be paying more attention to the scopes and corresponding text going by the last 2 episodes.

The 2nd legendary to drop for me weeks ago when TTK launched was this little fella
KjXIyix.jpg

Not flashy in the perks department, but damn does it feel good to shoot. I'm thinking of infusing it past 300, but am I crazy?
I wanted an AR for Crucible and was leaning towards this one from the vendor. I have yet to try it but it definitely looks solid. Hope you enjoy it!

Yeah but once your 300 then your already over leveled for the whole raid. So it's not like being a 29 in VoG HM. I've done the raid six times and I have almost everything plus dups on three characters. Nothing like running VoG for two months and never seeing boots drop.

Even at 290 you're good for the whole raid. Like.....nothing becomes easier because you already know the strategies, know how the fights go, and the fights aren't 'random' enough that having a higher light level is beneficial. Alot of the fights are dependent on 'damage phases' mechanics that the damage you do isn't important, it's nailing those phases correctly.

It's weird. I certainly don't feel more 'powerful' having a 305 Titan, but now that I know the fights I don't feel any weaker going in with my 294 Hunter.

Things were still dropping from Oracles/Templar and the chests. This Raid is longer but it feels like most of the drops are shards.

I'd rather the game drop duplicate armor and weapons than just shards.

inthrall

Bungie sandbox designer Jon Weisnewski explains what the Aim Assist and Accuracy stats actually mean!

https://youtu.be/jwyGYiGwp2U?t=1h3m50s

Everything was Range.

Transcribing what I heard in this:
Sounds like there is an initial accuracy, and a final accuracy. Shooting the gun widens the cone you can hit in until it hits the final accuracy, and that shrinks back down to the initial accuracy. Scoping/ADS shrinks the cone, as does not shooting for a small period of time. He kinda didn't answer the question about Aim Assist and Accuracy though :*(

EDIT: Oh he did, just five minutes later. Target Acquisition is the same as Aim Assist, flat bonus to the stat. Target Acquisition actually changes values based on the weapons best ranges, gets higher when people are at your optimal range to shoot

Transcribing what I heard in this:
Sounds like there is an initial accuracy, and a final accuracy. Shooting the gun widens the cone you can hit in until it hits the final accuracy, and that shrinks back down to the initial accuracy. Scoping/ADS shrinks the cone, as does not shooting for a small period of time. He kinda didn't answer the question about Aim Assist and Accuracy though :*(

You see, the 'Death'-cone radiates from the end of your gun, and this 'Death'-cone homes in on enemy players that you are aiming at. This 'Death'-cone is the real mechanic between how guns shoot.

BahamutPT

Even at 290 you're good for the whole raid. Like.....nothing becomes easier because you already know the strategies, know how the fights go, and the fights aren't 'random' enough that having a higher light level is beneficial. Alot of the fights are dependent on 'damage phases' mechanics that the damage you do isn't important, it's nailing those phases correctly.

It's weird. I certainly don't feel more 'powerful' having a 305 Titan, but now that I know the fights I don't feel any weaker going in with my 294 Hunter.

Yep. From what I read, if you have sufficiently leveled weapons your Light Level will only account for the damage taken (like being 294 with a 310 Black Spindle will deal around the same damage as 300+ with 310 BS).
I remember reading a post with some tests the other day, I'll try to find it.

Deku Tree

So KF has been already finished in under 35 min right? Anyone know what is the speed run record for VoG? Of course the KF time can be expected to come down a lot since it's so new.

Edit: there is a March 15, 2015 YouTube VoG speedrun of under 26 minutes from a quick Google search.

So KF is 9 minutes longer than VoG.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The fireworks have died out. Oryx himself is disappointing to me. He isn't menacing enough. Especially considering all the feats he's done in the book of sorrows.

LiK

I guess other than Grimoire, completing the daily heroic secret room got me a purple engram. Yay, more marks.

LF0QmXfh.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Colonel, message me on PSN when you want to do the daily shenanigans. I guess I'll be trying to farm rare materials in the meantime

Shito

I'm getting barely any strange coins to drop. It's....strange.
I'm getting so many of them without even trying to... How are you playing?
You get them from packages, "secret" patrol missions, engrams, bounties, it's ridiculous.
I've barely played those last days and got 22 coins since Saturday...

BahamutPT

Found that Reddit post about damage efficiency in King's Fall

That as long as your weapon is higher than the rated light level you will do the proper amount of damage, meaning only your weapon light level is needed for doing damage. You will still take more damage for being under light level, but there is no penalty to your damage. (unless your weapon is below recommended level)

Which also explains why a 300 or 310 Black Spindle deal the same amount of damage.

Top Bottom