• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tovarisc

I was browsing shaders in kiosk and realised that I never got shader from The Old Hunger quest, it's the one that leads to getting Malice. Shader is called Beltane and kiosk tells me to complete said quest.

I also always make sure I have at least 1 slot free in shaders and emblems to avoid issues like this so it's not reason why I don't have it, shit didn't legitly work :(

CREMSteve

Without wiping.
We wiped multiple times near the beginning (from poorly timed jumps) and it didn't matter. It just forces you to re-do the ghosts you've alrdy gotten, so once you jump down to the Templar section, if you wiped past that point, you're screwed and would need to go back to orbit.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Pretty much.

Oryx is so generic in the game. His lines are so weak. Why are Bungie's writers putting all the good stuff in the grimoire and not the game? Come onnnnnnnn.
Isn't there a separate person in charge of the Grimoire/Lore, than their usual pool of writers?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much.

Oryx is so generic in the game. His lines are so weak. Why are Bungie's writers putting all the good stuff in the grimoire and not the game? Come onnnnnnnn.

They've been doing this since Halo. It's baffling. They have good writers but seem to have nooooo idea how to incorporate good storytelling into their games.

Zoidberg

What's the go with these subclass emblem quests, do you need to do them in order? I don't give a shit about striker emblem as that class is dead to me, but it looks like I need to do that one in order to get the others? It's such a shock to go back to a striker from sunbreaker, you get the same output from a single hammer vs fist of havoc...

Tovarisc

What's the go with these subclass emblem quests, do you need to do them in order? I don't give a shit about striker emblem as that class is dead to me, but it looks like I need to do that one in order to get the others? It's such a shock to go back to a striker from sunbreaker, you get the same output from a single hammer vs fist of havoc...

They are in fixed order. Afaik for titan it's striker => defender => sunbreaker.

Destiny isn't and never will be a story game.

Tell that to all in-depth lore/story they have written for the Destiny.

In the Darkblade cell there will be 3 extra enemies spawning during the battle. Each Knight will have an elemental shield. You have to kill the one corresponding to the element you need + Darkblade within 30 seconds of each other, killing the Knight first and then Darkblade.

You CAN complete all 3 at once, but you'll need to dodge the 3 Knights the whole fight, then kill all 3 + Darkblade within 30 seconds. It is doable, but way harder due to the Knights attacking.

Follow this guide and you'll be good to go!

Thanks! Also, cool avi! We are like brothers haha.

Juraash

Looking for 3 to do King's Fall. Would like experienced folks for a quick and easy clear for tonight pls.

PSN: Afrodeeziyak

I've fully cleared it once and done Daughters/Oryx a couple times. The only things I'm not 100% on are the jumping puzzles and warpriest. I know the fight, but I was also dead a lot during our kill. If that's not experienced enough, that's totally ok.

Probably going to have to do it 3 times since you need to kill each of the different Elemental Wardens corresponding to your Sword's element last and then kill the Darkblade within 30 seconds for each of your swords

You can do it in a single run but it will be crazy hard.

You have to kill the knight with the shelf of your sword element and the boss 30 second apart.

All 3 at once means you have to take the beating from the boss and 3 knights and kill them all within 30 seconds.

**however you do this you must kill the knight(s) BEFORE the boss

In the Darkblade cell there will be 3 extra enemies spawning during the battle. Each Knight will have an elemental shield. You have to kill the one corresponding to the element you need + Darkblade within 30 seconds of each other, killing the Knight first and then Darkblade.

You CAN complete all 3 at once, but you'll need to dodge the 3 Knights the whole fight, then kill all 3 + Darkblade within 30 seconds. It is doable, but way harder due to the Knights attacking.

Follow this guide and you'll be good to go!

So the 3 knights will spawn regardless and I need to worry about killing 1 of them and the boss 30 seconds apart?

If I deposit 2 of my swords, can I get just 1 knight to spawn?

I was browsing shaders in kiosk and realised that I never got shader from The Old Hunger quest, it's the one that leads to getting Malice. Shader is called Beltane and kiosk tells me to complete said quest.

I also always make sure I have at least 1 slot free in shaders and emblems to avoid issues like this so it's not reason why I don't have it, shit didn't legitly work :(

theres some confusion about this

the quest that leads to malice is actually Hunger Pangs

theres speculation that the old hunger quest will come back for a final step after 50 fragments are found

so no one has that shader at this point

Bogeypop

So the 3 knights will spawn regardless and I need to worry about killing 1 of them and the boss 30 seconds apart?

If I deposit 2 of my swords, can I get just 1 knight to spawn?

There's always 3 Knights. Like others mentioned you can leave them all alive, whittle down Darkblade to low health, kill all three with the Sword that corresponds to their Elemental Shield, and finish Darkblade in 30 seconds. Though I think it's going to be tough with all of them attacking you and not being able to fight back until the end. I'd say doing one at a time would be easier.

There's always 3 Knights. Like others mentioned you can leave them all alive, whittle down Darkblade to low health, kill all three with the Sword that corresponds to their Elemental Shield, and finish Darkblade in 30 seconds. Though I think it's going to be tough with all of them attacking you and not being able to fight back until the end. I'd say doing one at a time would be easier.

Wait, you have to kill them with sword?
I didnt know that

Ok. I'm gonna do them one at a time.

Hopefully I can find someone here on GAF that needs to do it too.

Top Bottom