• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

LiK

It is... the old TLW or the new one is good for PVP yet.
You just need to learn again how to play with it.
I did my bounty only killing with the old TLW but it is now a way low range weapon (it does the work at close range).

Using Year 1. Didn't have enough marks to buy Year 2.

ethomaz

Banned
Using Year 1. Didn't have enough marks to buy Year 2.
I didn't see difference in PVP... the perks are the same... the damage output in PVE is really different between Year 1 and Year 2 but for PVP seems like the same (maybe Iron Banana changes that).

the210

Can anyone help me get the third ghost. I've never done vog and am lost in the Gorgons labyrinth psn is the same as my username

SheHateMe

Sooooooo... I just did the Daily crucible match...

Rumble.

Me, a Hunter.

FIVE (5) Titans.

A whole Valut Of Glass full of nah. Exited out immediately.

Anybody doing the Daily Heroic?

Is there a definite crucible sniper rifle yet in year 2? Unless I use her benevolence I feel I can't snipe for shit in PvP. Sadly, that sniper will be useless in iron banner.
Sniping in general seems to be less useful now for some reason as well. Maybe it's just me.

DNAbro

I got put into a skirmish match that looked like it had gone on forever. The scores were in the 300,000 area with the time eternally at 1 second left. Everything else worked fine in the match other than the fact that it couldn't end which was weird.

Is there a definite crucible sniper rifle yet in year 2? Unless I use her benevolence I feel I can't snipe for shit in PvP. Sadly, that sniper will be useless in iron banner.
Sniping in general seems to be less useful now for some reason as well. Maybe it's just me.

1000 yard stare with good perks and a good scope are the way to go.

Im the opposite. Since TTK i have embraced snipers and am doing pretty good with it. You cant go wrong with the 1000 yard stare. The vendor version is good for pvp but if you get a god roll from a drop you are set.

Mindlog

Starting to clear out the Vault trying to figure out why I kept certain weapons.
Answering Chord with more range and stability than my Suros Regime.
Hacksaw with slightly more range and stability than my Bad Juju.
Lyudmila-D with FAR more impact, range and stability than Red Death.

On the handcannon front my exotics largely outclass my legendaries.
FWC rocket launcher is at 300 light.

Trying to make sure I have the legendary archetypes of my favorite exotics just in case I don't find a sniper I like in the Black Hammer/Spindle impact tier.

When comparing my current exotics to their legendary archetypes Red Death has the most and largest red bars viewed against the Lyudmila-D. Pretty sure Lrudmila-D is the same as the Messenger.

Research. Yes. They are very similar.
Lyudmila-D
Messenger

SnakeEyes

Banned
Shotguns don't seem to have much of a use other than PvP or patrols in TTK. Snipers are king when it comes to encounters in the raid, and well...infusion fodder unless you really like shotguns.

Which is a shame.
I use my Year 2 Invective more often than any other Special weapon. Most shotguns are obsolete in PvE, sure, but not that bad boy!

Edit: Top of page?! What my dreams have consisted of the last week or so..
latest

maomaoIYP

Starting to clear out the Vault trying to figure out why I kept certain weapons.
Answering Chord with more range and stability than my Suros Regime.
Hacksaw with slightly more range and stability than my Bad Juju.
Lyudmila-D with FAR more impact, range and stability than Red Death.

On the handcannon front my exotics largely outclass my legendaries.
FWC rocket launcher is at 300 light.

Trying to make sure I have the legendary archetypes of my favorite exotics just in case I don't find a sniper I like in the Black Hammer/Spindle impact tier.

When comparing my current exotics to their legendary archetypes Red Death has the most and largest red bars viewed against the Lyudmila-D. Pretty sure Lrudmila-D is the same as the Messenger.

Research. Yes. They are very similar.
Lyudmila-D
Messenger
Lyudmila is only "the same" as the messenger on paper. Besides an identical RoF, it is every bit inferior. I assume you have the version from armsday, with counterbalance.
The Hakke PRs fire four round bursts, both archetypes have diagonal recoil patterns that need counterbalance. Each individual bullet also does less damage than the usual 3 round burst PRs. Lyudmila does 31 on headshot, the lower damage variant does 25. If all 4 shots connect to the head, you will in theory get a two burst kill. But in reality due to their massive recoil and recoil pattern it is not likely to happen. If you manage to find a Lyudmila with hand laid stock, things might be different, but they haven't dropped for me besides armsday.

todd360

Are you finding particular Crucible modes easier than others to get percentages up in?

I got the chaperone the first day it was available. The crucible part wasn't much of a challenge for me. I think I mostly played clash, but just because I like clash.

Chaperone is pretty beast in pve. You just have to use it as its intended. Just like the TLW. Aim for the head and only the head. Quick headshots will give you ammo back and the the first headshot will make your next headshots do more damage. Its good for pvp as well. Its just harder to get headshots in quick succession in crucible.

DNAbro

I use my Year 2 Invective more often than any other Special weapon. Most shotguns are obsolete in PvE, sure, but not that bad boy!

Edit: Top of page?! What my dreams have consisted of the last week or so..

I wake up every morning hoping that the start of the quest has been discovered. At least today we finally got to do the paradox mission thing. Kind of hoping that, that questline is timelocked like the petra one and will be available tomorrow.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I wake up every morning hoping that the start of the quest has been discovered. At least today we finally got to do the paradox mission thing. Kind of hoping that, that questline is timelocked like the petra one and will be available tomorrow.
If I wake up one morning and find that the Sleeper has been dscovered and people have found that missing link between the Relics and the First Firewall mission, I'ma call in sick from work!

Top Bottom