• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Frenden

Banned
I got the chaperone the first day it was available. The crucible part wasn't much of a challenge for me. I think I mostly played clash, but just because I like clash.

Mayhem Clash for me. Got it in four matches the first night I really tried (last week).

It seems to favor streaks over just a good KDR. Streaks seemed to make the percentages add up quicker. Got a few 10 killstreaks and maybe a 15 (it's been a while, hard to remember), and that got me to like 80% in three matches.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
goddamn never again will I do that secret ghost mission on Paradox by myself...yeezuz took me almost an hour trying to defeat that goddamn giant taken minotaur while being blasted non-stop by those annoying hobglobins that throw tri beams at your ass....

I did too and was pretty shocked at all the praise the video was getting >.>

With how common afking in strikes/pvp is I thought it was just a modern players mindset.

3 matches. 52%

No need to brag. :c

I got it to 24% in one match then straight down to 0, never raising over 17% over the next 15 or so. Wasn't until I started doing the weekly pvp thing last week that I was able to complete it, just going off of grenade/super kills.

Though guess I am a bad.

Frenden

Banned
I haven't had time to raid. And I always have a little social anxiety stuff with new raids and people relying on me before I have them down pat, which is delaying me trying a bit.

I hope 298 is fine for Trials/Iron Banner.

The bones seem to be whiter. That's about it lol. Just slap some crest white strips on your raid armor and your good to go.

I don't know, I'm swapping them on my warlock now (got the chest finally, so right now I have the Boots, Chest, & Gauntlets) and I'm literally seeing no difference between tne Bone Marrow and no shader.

Afrocious

Through Destiny and friends, I've come to realize I'm in a weird place with PvP in Destiny.

The thing is that I'm not having fun playing PvP at all, and I think that's because I don't have friends to play with and kick back. Not like I did with Halo 2 and Uncharted 2 + 3. This is making me quite sad tbqh. I don't have folks to laugh with while getting rocked. I don't have folks who are better than me who enjoy my company simply because we're friends and I end up being at or close to their level because we have a natural blast.

Through Destiny and friends, I've come to realize I'm in a weird place with PvP in Destiny.

The thing is that I'm not having fun playing PvP at all, and I think that's because I don't have friends to play with and kick back. Not like I did with Halo 2 and Uncharted 2 + 3. This is making me quite sad tbqh. I don't have folks to laugh with while getting rocked. I don't have folks who are better than me who enjoy my company simply because we're friends and I end up being at or close to their level because we have a natural blast.

Well Iron Banner is next week so we should see more thread-wide interest in PvP. It's been in a weird state since TTK launched because people have been chasing after PvE quests to level up. PvP quests have been weapon related and not light-related, so most people have cast it aside.

There's also a case to be made about its current state being less enjoyable for some (myself included). I used to run Crucible trains all the time.

I don't think it has anything to do with skill level. Fortunately, nobody I play Destiny with has ever cared about that kind of thing to the extent of alienating other people.

Well that sucks. Id love to join, but I'm not a big fan of PvP in Destiny. The Raid is where I like to have my fun with folks. Shoving off ships, purposefully giving bad info, etc. Else I'd love to join you.

Nice raid overall.
Thanks guys for the smooth run! If you have spots open next week give me a shout.

Loot:
300 boots(wtf)
304 boots(happy!!!)
300 shotgun again! :mad:
310 Nighthawk(not bad)
308 AR eh

BraXzy

Bleh! Had such a crappy week in the raid. Did it just before reset on my Warlock for the first time. Only thing I got (that wasn't a 300 roll duplicate weapon) was some okay boots. Not the end of the world whatevz.

Ran it after reset on my Hunter. Managed to clear the whole thing in an hour, quickest run for me so far. Killed War Priest and Golgoroth first time in 2/3 damage phases which was nice. Had some slip ups at the end because of funny jokes making people giggle. (You had to be there.) Ended up with 300-302 duplicate rolls whoopie.

Ran it on my Titan a few hours ago, pretty slow 2 hour run but we were showing a friend how to do the raid on his first time. Only got two actual drops and they were both 300 roll dupes like wtf :(

todd360

I don't know, I'm swapping them on my warlock now (got the chest finally, so right now I have the Boots, Chest, & Gauntlets) and I'm literally seeing no difference between tne Bone Marrow and no shader.

I thought they looked whiter with the shader, but maybe I'm wrong.

It's all good. The great iron banner gaf trains will be running soon along with trials team ups. Pvp season is upon us. Get hype. I'll play with anyone here regardless of their skill level.

Frenden

Banned

Like others said, Iron Banner week is a time of coming together on DGAF. Lots of eight hour long trains of pure PvP dome splitting.

BraXzy

I assume you are on PlayStation and not Xbox? :/

I only have a handful of peeps I regularly play Destiny with. It's a shame because when it first came out my list was full of people I would PvP and Raid with at any time but now either they probs deleted me or don't remember me. Such is the way when you stop playing for a year I guess xD

the210

goddamn never again will I do that secret ghost mission on Paradox by myself...yeezuz took me almost an hour trying to defeat that goddamn giant taken minotaur while being blasted non-stop by those annoying hobglobins that throw tri beams at your ass....

I could use some help with this myself I am trying to find the last ghost now but am afraid of falling. I never want to run this solo again as jumping is my least favorite thing to do

Frenden

Banned
Getting killed by Chaperone while doing the quest for it is just cruel.

I leveled and used it today. It's fun. It handles unlike any other shotties (and I'm more of a TLW/snipe player), but I dug it.

I think it would probably pair well with a high impact pulse to shore up close range kills. I'm not sure if I'll ever be that player, though.

Afrocious

Well Iron Banner is next week so we should see more thread-wide interest in PvP. It's been in a weird state since TTK launched because people have been chasing after PvE quests to level up. PvP quests have been weapon related and not light-related, so most people have cast it aside.

There's also a case to be made about its current state being less enjoyable for some (myself included). I used to run Crucible trains all the time.

I don't think it has anything to do with skill level. Fortunately, nobody I play Destiny with has ever cared about that kind of thing to the extent of alienating other people.

I mean, it's not so much I want more folks to be interested in PvP, but I just don't have anyone to play with for the hell of it. most of the time it's just trains or getting objectives done. I don't have anyone to play with in PvP who simply enjoys chillaxing and shooting faces at my side if that makes sense.

Well that sucks. Id love to join, but I'm not a big fan of PvP in Destiny. The Raid is where I like to have my fun with folks. Shoving off ships, purposefully giving bad info, etc. Else I'd love to join you.

Lol it's all good.

todd360

Like others said, Iron Banner week is a time of coming together on DGAF. Lots of eight hour long trains of pure PvP dome splitting.

The iron banner trains are so much fun. I like how it is usually all of us just having a good time talking about stuff and only really playing for keeps when we come up against decent opponents.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, PvP in this game kinda blows. Just not that fun and the map design is pretty bad.

Strider

I hope IB brings back PvP in a biiiig way. I've been trying to get groups for PvP with 0 success so far in TTK :(

It's not fun solo, but gaf PvP trains are the best.

Wow, Yung Ahamkara with maximum discipline is pretty dope. Leaving traps everywhere getting double kills I don't even know about. Scored my first Phantom medal with it

Frenden

Banned
The iron banner trains are so much fun. I like how it is usually all of us just having a good time talking about stuff and only really playing for keeps when we come up against decent opponents.

For sure, dude. I pretty much cleared next week off my work schedule, haha. I bought extra scotch. I'm ready.

Top Bottom