• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

I mean, it's not so much I want more folks to be interested in PvP, but I just don't have anyone to play with for the hell of it. most of the time it's just trains or getting objectives done. I don't have anyone to play with in PvP who simply enjoys chillaxing and shooting faces at my side if that makes sense.

Yea I guess. I don't have anyone like that anymore either.

Destiny PvP used to be very fun to me - moreso than Halo at times. But with this Halo Forge stuff on the way, I might retire from it and start treating Destiny as a PvE only game, especially if it remains in its current state. Already spent a year complaining about Thorn, Felwinters and Blink and I don't intend to go through the motions again this year.

todd360

For sure, dude. I pretty much cleared next week off my work schedule, haha. I bought extra scotch. I'm ready.

I'm gonna try to finish the last 2 pve quests on my log before then so I can just focus on pvp. I'll also have the new astro a40 TR this thursday. Oh and the warlock stormcaller shirt. I'll be ready to lightninglock the fools on our capture points.

I leveled and used it today. It's fun. It handles unlike any other shotties (and I'm more of a TLW/snipe player), but I dug it.

I think it would probably pair well with a high impact pulse to shore up close range kills. I'm not sure if I'll ever be that player, though.

It's really good especially if you run around grabbing a bunch of special ammo. The rate of fire is pretty crazy and once you score that first headshot you can go on a rampage. The one shot range with roadborn is a bit better than Y1 crazy shotguns and the two shot kill range is pretty nuts

Frenden

Banned
I'm gonna try to finish the last 2 pve quests on my log before then so I can just focus on pvp. I'll also have the new astro a40 TR this thursday. Oh and the warlock stormcaller shirt. I'll be ready to lightninglock the fools on our capture points.

Looking forward to it!

It's really good especially if you run around grabbing a bunch of special ammo. The rate of fire is pretty crazy and once you score that first headshot you can go on a rampage. The one shot range with roadborn is a bit better than Y1 crazy shotguns and the two shot kill range is pretty nuts

Yeah. Roadborn is great and double tapping someone if you miss the first crit is pretty easy too.

Do we know if harder difficulty strikes increase chance for Exotic? Curious if repeating the Nightfall over and over using 3oC is better than doing Heroic strikes.

I'm always down to PvP for the heck of it! I think because of the whole loot aspect of the game, not getting marks for anything but first PvP daily, combined with the fact that PvP is kind of bad (subjectively) since TTK released, not many people really care to play it since people would rather do quests or raids and get rewarded.

I can't wait for these PvP events, especially trials. I need some sweaty PvP matches in my life asap. And just as trials 1.0, I'm always down to play with anyone and everyone.

Heck I played some PvP on Xbox for the heck of it yesterday with my nephew and his friends and it was pretty fun. Especially now that I have a 1000 yard stare :D

Frenden

Banned
I'm on the last of the faction part of the Crucible quest. Salvage wins for New Monarchy, I think? I just checked the quest log. Holy shit does it take a while to finish (especially with randoms).

I knew it was long and bad, but I thought I was near the end. I'm like halfway at best.

lt519

Nice raid guys (victor and sun)! One wipe, second night in a row we've done it so quickly. Farm status is official for me! Now time to do some exotic hunting since I've been neglecting that.

I'm on the last of the faction part of the Crucible quest. Salvage wins for New Monarchy, I think? I just checked the quest log. Holy shit does it take a while to finish (especially with randoms).

I knew it was long and bad, but I thought I was near the end. I'm like halfway at best.

Nope. Still need another 16 wins minimum

For the weapon part do it wits a party. Getting the kills and not the win or win the win without the kills is maddening

Mindlog

Yeah, at least 16 wins. Such an insane unlock. Don't see myself doing it on my alts.
Lyudmila is only "the same" as the messenger on paper. Besides an identical RoF, it is every bit inferior. I assume you have the version from armsday, with counterbalance.
The Hakke PRs fire four round bursts, both archetypes have diagonal recoil patterns that need counterbalance. Each individual bullet also does less damage than the usual 3 round burst PRs. Lyudmila does 31 on headshot, the lower damage variant does 25. If all 4 shots connect to the head, you will in theory get a two burst kill. But in reality due to their massive recoil and recoil pattern it is not likely to happen. If you manage to find a Lyudmila with hand laid stock, things might be different, but they haven't dropped for me besides armsday.
I missed saying archetype there. When light level is factored in we'll see if Messenger can still keep up.
Counterbalance puts you in the easy 2/1-2 zone. 3/4 headshots + 4 body shots will work most of the time. Messenger is still better of course because hitting 3 is just easier as the grouping is tighter. I had been using another Lyudmila without any decent stability perks to great PvE success. Mostly stuck to Bad Juju in PvP. Will be putting more of my Legendaries to work over the next week. CB/FS look mostly the same so Sling is viable unless you engage at longer ranges.

And all I got was a very poorly rolled 280 Shotgun.
The quest was soooo long.

skip

Where can I find Hive Majors on the Dreadnaught? Got a quest for it from Eris.

You can go kill the three wardens in the Asylum, and there's a major knight that respawns pretty quickly in the Mausoleum, near the entrance to the Hall of Souls.

Getting on

Alright, we have 5 for the raid, just need 1 more.

Edit: top of page best in class

QfJufrv.jpg

I need a new bed.

My gf has been sleeping for 25 minutes and I'm just lying here wishing I could play. If I get out or get on my bed she wakes up and of course gets mad. So I have to lie here and try to sleep.

How do other people deal with this? It doesn't help she's an extremely light sleeper. Maybe I need a temperpedic hah.

I could be playing for a good hour more!

Dropped to 44% from a few bad matches. Need to really learn what maps to unequip the TLW.

you can just equip TLW when you have a super then unequip after you get kills with it.

it's pretty scrubby but you can always do it properly on your next two characters.

Frenden

Banned
Dropped to 44% from a few bad matches. Need to really learn what maps to unequip the TLW.

Want to hear some real bullshit?

The game must round up the displayed score if it lands on a decimal. My quest showed percentage complete as 100%, but there was no checkmark. I must've been at 99.8% or something.

My next match I went down a few percent. I unequiped out of fear, haha. Next match had shorter sightlines and I requipped and proc'd it in a few kills.

I was shitting bricks thinking I was glitched out and fucked though.

Nursezero

I need a new bed.

My gf has been sleeping for 25 minutes and I'm just lying here wishing I could play. If I get out or get on my bed she wakes up and of course gets mad. So I have to lie here and try to sleep.

How do other people deal with this? It doesn't help she's an extremely light sleeper. Maybe I need a temperpedic hah.

I could be playing for a good hour more!

I got a tempedic and my wife doesn't know when I get up early to play.

LiK

Reality is setting in....

Gun sucks

Nah, I like it. It's just trying not to die from supers is hard. I'm still getting 2.0+ k/d but sometimes it's not enough kills to keep it moving the percentage up if I happen to die a few times from being ganked.

Want to hear some real bullshit?

The game must round up the displayed score if it lands on a decimal. My quest showed percentage complete as 100%, but there was no checkmark. I must've been at 99.8% or something.

My next match I went down a few percent. I unequiped out of fear, haha. Next match had shorter sightlines and I requipped and proc'd it in a few kills.

I was shitting bricks thinking I was glitched out and fucked though.

What modes did you play? Getting halfway from just 3 good Rumble matches earlier made me feel good. But I shouldn't keep trying so late. Got tired. I'll probably just keep playing 2-3 good matches per day and take breaks so I don't mess it up.

Hell, if it's really high percentage, I'll equip for supers only.

Top Bottom