• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Reality is setting in....

Gun sucks

nxMBqb4.gif

Frenden

Banned
Nah, I like it. It's just trying not to die from supers is hard. I'm still getting 2.0+ k/d but sometimes it's not enough kills to keep it moving the percentage up if I happen to die a few times from being ganked.

What modes did you play? Getting halfway from just 3 good Rumble matches earlier made me feel good. But I shouldn't keep trying so late. Got tired. I'll probably just keep playing 2-3 good matches per day and take breaks so I don't mess it up.

Hell, if it's really high percentage, I'll equip for supers only.

Streaks seem to count for more than just going positive, I think. I had a hot streak and got it in four games of Mayhem Clash without having to cheese anything (five if you count the glitched map where I unequiped it).

10 and 15 killstreaks seemed to add, like, 25%+ chunks at a time.

LiK

Streaks seem to count for more than merely going positive, I think. I had a hot streak and got it in four games of Mayhem Clash without having to cheese anything (five if you count the glitched map where I unequiped it).

10 and 15 killstreaks seemed to add, like 25%+ chunks at a time.

Yea, I got 10 kill streak earlier before some stupid super got me. I guess that's why it jumped so high. I'll keep playing Rumble this week and see if I can still do well. If it takes too long, guess I'll wait for Mayhem Clash to show up.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Going to orbit and retrying Daily without dying is the new Nightfall

are you doing the secret ghost mission? I died several times on the platform puzzle to get to the gate and still got the goods from praedyth.

Frenden

Banned
Yea, I got 10 kill streak earlier before some stupid super got me. I guess that's why it jumped so high. I'll keep playing Rumble this week and see if I can still do well. If it takes too long, guess I'll wait for Mayhem Clash to show up.
Yeah. The streaks are where it's at. Mayhem Clash was easy to farm for Chaperone as a Gunslinger. I just played conservatively, sniped, supered, and used TLW in a pinch with throwing knives to deal killing blows if things got hairy.

Rumble is probably harder--everything is out to kill you and nowhere is safe.

LiK

TLW is still good for PVP but just gotta play from the hip pretty much. It is pretty hilarious when I can sorta snipe a guy without using ADS. Did that a few times. Looked ridiculous.

is funny getting into long ranged duels against Hawkmoon and absolutely destroying them with Ace of Spades.

what's not funny is joining a game when the enemy already has 2500 points. Why is this still possible?

vctor182

Awesome raid group didn't get the boots to complete the set but did get a 310 hawkmoon from oryx. Need to run it again any groups?

Frenden

Banned
TLW is still good for PVP but just gotta play from the hip pretty much. It is pretty hilarious when I can sorta snipe a guy without using ADS. Did that a few times. Looked ridiculous.
My biggest problem with TLW is the heap of muscle memory that I need to discard in order to use it effectively in its current state.

Trakan

Random observation: The sword has kind of rendered shotguns moot in PvE, so far. I don't find myself using them for anything but for kicks or between synth charges. Sidearms meanwhile still don't have a good role, so while I have a good one it just sort of sits there. Swords are both more effective and more fun to use now that shotties have been nerfed so hard.

I think that's the reason why they nerfed shotguns. The swords took their place and are a little more risky to use. Get an exotic sword and you'll use it more.

LiK

My biggest problem with TLW is the heap of muscle memory that I need to discard in order to use it effectively in its current state.

Yea. I'm too used to aiming with it so I unlearned and just kinda played it like I would a shottie. Felt weird at first but it's accuracy is pretty useful so I had some fun just gunning people down when they rushed me. Still died to shotties tho. Damn Chaperone.

is funny getting into long ranged duels against Hawkmoon and absolutely destroying them with Ace of Spades.

what's not funny is joining a game when the enemy already has 2500 points. Why is this still possible?
What's so good about the axe of spades? I have it but I never used it in pvp.

Y'know, it's weird. Glimmer is the in game currency, you have marks....and for their premium currency they're calling it Silver? Really? How unoriginal..

And this is why I've stopped playing PvP.

Just had a Sunbreaker survive my incendiary plus sniper shot by popping his super and getting an instant overshield. Then he runs all the way to the other side of the map and spawn kills me.

B R O K E N

Just happened again. This super is absolute garbage.

Frenden

Banned
Yea. I'm too used to aiming with it so I unlearned and just kinda played it like I would a shottie. Felt weird at first but it's accuracy is pretty useful so I had some fun just gunning people down when they rushed me. Still died to shotties tho. Damn Chaperone.

Totally. I've had the best luck in Gunslinger builds where I rely on my throwing knife to swing engagements in my favor when TLW just isn't killing quick enough. It used to be perfect for countering shotties, but now it feels like both have almost the same effective range. It can be frustrating when you're losing a lot of one on ones you used to win.

I still roll with Ace more often, but I think TLW is more viable than I initially thought after 2.0. I still think it needs an initial accuracy buff and a tad more range.

Just had a Sunbreaker survive my incendiary plus sniper shot by popping his super and getting an instant overshield. Then he runs all the way to the other side of the map and spawn kills me.

B R O K E N

Sunbreakers are fucked and I hope they fix them before Trials. Sniper headshots and Golden Gun shots should not be survivable.

LiK

B R O K E N

Play PVP with me this week. I'll hammer those other hammer guys for you,

And that makes 3 times i've been spawn killed by the same super. I'm done.

And he was using that POS Praedyths Timepiece so it was impossible to snipe him because as soon as he shoots you it staggers your aim.

What's so good about the axe of spades? I have it but I never used it in pvp.

Its range rifles Hand Cannons before they were nerfed so you can actually hit people with it.

BraXzy

And that makes 3 times i've been spawn killed by the same super. I'm done.

Tbf this happened to me with a stormcaller too. I think the supers just need a duration tweak and that alone would make a big difference.

It's weird though because when I play my Titan I feel like I have no time at all.

Tbf this happened to me with a stormcaller too. I think the supers just need a duration tweak and that alone would make a big difference.

It's weird though because when I play my Titan I feel like I have no time at all.

I mentioned the same for Stormcaller but you can still headshot them.

BraXzy

Had a random thought before... Probably unlikely but still.

Heavy weapon in next expansion: Bow.

Similar to the way you fire the Nightstalkers but obviously without the tether perks and it'd have an elemental damage I assume. Probably be dumb but it would be awesome anyway.

BraXzy

I mentioned the same for Stormcaller but you can still headshot them.

Stormcaller still feel tankier than normal. I should probably look into the sub classes properly outside of Nightstalkers. Nothing like the tankiness of Sunbreakers but yeah, they are more killable for sure.

Double post sorry :3

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Weird I keep reading that you can't die

Thats what I thought too...but like I said before I died doing the jumping puzzle and finished it.
Well its up to you on how you wanna approach it..

shermas

Where do you go after getting the first ghost in the daily story?

I found a YouTube video... I kept falling and ending up bailing. Wanted to run the NF and figured I'd have another chance to grind the daily when I have more time to play in a group.

On a side note, I picked up 2 more exotics today from the NF. The Last Word 290 and KnuckleHead Radar 290. I saw SC as the most common drop. Crazy how broken that loot table is now.

Sunbreaker is literally easy mode. You run straight at the enemy and pop your super and just spam hammers. You get your health back and it's like you never jumped out and exposed yourself in the first place.

Bladedancer was the same thing made worse with Blink, but you could actually challenge it or run away from it.

A Sunbreaker decides to pop their Super by my team while we're spread out and that's basically it; we should all put our controllers down.

LiK

Sunbreaker is literally easy mode. You run straight at the enemy and pop your super and just spam hammers. You get your health back and it's like you never jumped out and exposed yourself in the first place.

Bladedancer was the same thing made worse with Blink, but you could actually challenge it or run away from it.

A Sunbreaker decides to pop their Super by my team while we're spread out and that's basically it; we should all put our controllers down.

Meh, you could always run away from Sunbreakers just like with Bladedancers and GG. Just need to not try and challenge them. I dunno how many times we've run away from hearing Hunters pop their supers. That's what a Sunbreaker is for Titans.

I just got put into one of those infinite skirmish matches. Score is like 9 million to 1 million or something and it's been at 0:01 seconds remaning for a while.

Meh, you could always run away from Sunbreakers just like with Bladedancers and GG. Just need to not try and challenge them. I dunno how many times we've run away from hearing Hunters pop their supers. That's what a Sunbreaker is for Titans.

Running away is not a counter to Sunbreaker. It's not always applicable and does not excuse how broken the super is.

It's no where close to the same level as Arc Blade or Golden Gun.

EL CUCO

Tonight's Raid drops started sketchy but thankfully Oryx delivered a 2nd firefly Pulse Rifle for my Hunter and the HMG.

Was enough to hit 300, so I started decoding most of my saved up exotic engrams (thanks again, draksis) Got my 310 Graviton, Nighthawk, Ahamkaras, and Dont touch me's.

Todaywasagoodday.jpg

Thanks to MildSoss, Lnkn, Biggy, and Darryl for the fun run #teamWIPE

jred2k

Is anyone willing to help out in a raid with my friends, we need 2 more and we are at the Daughters.

I can jump in if you're still looking for someone. I haven't done Oryx before so I might need a little debrief, but I can pick up the mechanics pretty quick.

PS4 - North_Lights911

Baliis

Did the raid tonight on my lock. 303 scout rifle and some gloves I already havez yay... Meanwhile I still have a blue helm.

Anyone else need to do the exotic ability farming? We currently have 3 doing the dark beyond farming spot, but it would be faster to pair off two and two.

B R O K E N

lol

Yeah if they pick the node that produces sunspots when hammers kill enemies it also puts one underneath them on super activation providing an over shield. Combining that with their crazy damage reduction they have around 660 effective health lmao

Top Bottom