• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Rehsa

Huge thanks to Aztechne for helping with that exotic sword quest. Rumble kills then ability chain farming wake the hive, made it quicker for sure

GutZ31

Any experienced players want to do just Oryx? Or if you don't need loot from him willing to help me out? Was running a team of newbies through King's Fall with some other people earlier, but had to call it quits.

I wouldn't mind helping on my titan or warlock.
How many people do you have so far?

Maybe people will respect your opinion, but there are a TON of people here who will just call you "salty".

It's a broken, OP super.

It's easy to see that. Surprised Bungie shipped it as is. You could tell from E3 how unbalanced it was.

Totally broken, just like armor lock in Reach.

You late to the party?
TLW boosting began before the universe existed.

Before there was matter, light, life, there was The Last Word boosting.

55fwegq.gif

tune into the stream. this is old western style lol

rc213

Thanks to the five gentleman gaffers that just did the full raid, Got into a groove on that last run.

I thought after you kill all the bosses collect the ravenous heart, etc... You get a 310 artifact?

With exotic sword quest (sunless cell) do I have to kill knight and boss with sword or just complete the objective with normal weapons?

Whatever but sword is easier because when you shoot the boss he can teleport which can waste time and potentially screw you out of the 30s window

BahamutPT

Thanks to the five gentleman gaffers that just did the full raid, Got into a groove on that last run.

I thought after you kill all the bosses collect the ravenous heart, etc... You get a 310 artifact?

Yeah you do. Last step of the Road to King's Fall quest.

Ravenous heart etc is for the ToM quest, the 310 artefact comes from The Road to Kings Fall quest which pops after completing all the taken wars quests (i think as I've never finished them)

rc213

Ravenous heart etc is for the ToM quest, the 310 artefact comes from The Road to Kings Fall quest which pops after completing all the taken wars quests (i think as I've never finished them)

Crap so I'm screwed until i finish the taken wars and do the full raid again?

I've got get 7 more Zeptocyte cores before reset and the freaking spinmetal only shows up every 5 minutes or so because there's no one else here so each area is despawned. What do GAF

rc213

Yep, I can live with the 300 Artefact, the taken wars quests are long ass

Yea i know, i finished it on my Titan but couldn't remember that it was tied to 310 artifact. Bleeeeeeh

At least I got my Hunter the chest and boots plus the Rocket launcher.

Need to buy me a set of YR1 Boots Of Yao Ming for the ship jumping which i found impossible with triple jump but the ramming dildos super easy.

maomaoIYP

I missed saying archetype there. When light level is factored in we'll see if Messenger can still keep up.
Counterbalance puts you in the easy 2/1-2 zone. 3/4 headshots + 4 body shots will work most of the time. Messenger is still better of course because hitting 3 is just easier as the grouping is tighter. I had been using another Lyudmila without any decent stability perks to great PvE success. Mostly stuck to Bad Juju in PvP. Will be putting more of my Legendaries to work over the next week. CB/FS look mostly the same so Sling is viable unless you engage at longer ranges.
Sorry I'm late to reply to this, hope you see it, because I've been a PR user since day 1 and we tend to get a lot of hate here. Hard to find discussions centered around PRs.
I've tried a large variety of PRs for PvP after 2.0 dropped, I am pretty sure once light level is accounted for the year 1 guns will no longer stack up.

Here's my list of PRs tested:
Herja and the free Apple of Discord variant - Hakke mid damage, 4 round burst, kicks left, headshot = 25, 8 bursts
Lyudmila - Hakke high damage, 4 round burst, kicks left, headshot = 31, 9 bursts
Suros PDX-41 - Suros mid damage, 3 round burst, kicks left, headshot = 33, 9 bursts
Hawksaw - Suros low damage, 3 round burst, kicks left, headshot = 25. Mine is a perfect roll variant from an engram (hammer forged, outlaw, hand-laid stock), 10 bursts
The Villany - FWC vendor, 3 round burst, kicks right, headshot = 33, 8 bursts
Red Death - 3 round burst, headshot = 33, 10 bursts
Bad Juju - 3 round burst, headshot = 25, 8 bursts
Year 1 55A-Allfate, perfect roll, 9 bursts
Year 1 Hopscotch, perfect roll (truesight, outlaw, hand-laid, hidden hand), 11 bursts

For regular crucible nothing beats the year 1 hopscotch. It has max stability, excellent sights, and can fire 11 bursts.
For year 2 trials/IB I'm leaning towards Red Death or The Villainy. Red Death has better stability than what is actually listed, but I don't find it particularly reliable. The Villainy has crappy sights and kicks right slightly, but it is bearable. The perfect roll Hawksaw compensates adequately well for the left kicking recoil, but at an average of 4-5 bursts a kill on a moving target it's simply not efficient.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Hey destiny gaf...im hitting up here before I go lfg. I need 2 more fragments and the only ones left are in the raid. Anyone wanna try to rush through till after golgo?

Psn: silkysm00th. O's are zeros.

I've got get 7 more Zeptocyte cores before reset and the freaking spinmetal only shows up every 5 minutes or so because there's no one else here so each area is despawned. What do GAF

Change the date on your ps4 while you're in orbit. That will let you load into patrol solo and you can find a node or two close to a zone spawn. Skywatch or rocketyard are good loactions for this.

You have 45 minutes. Good luck.

Change the date on your ps4 while you're in orbit. That will let you load into patrol solo and you can find a node or two close to a zone spawn. Skywatch or rocketyard are good loactions for this.

You have 45 minutes. Good luck.

Why does everything Bungie does for Destiny have to be based on RNG?

Bogeypop

I wouldn't mind helping on my titan or warlock.
How many people do you have so far?

i can help.

Its all good I can help just invite me when you have enough

I'm down.

PSN: coyquettish

If you guys still need one for oryx I'll go on my hunter. Psn is Snikch. Light 302

Thanks SO much for the help you guys!
I'm pooped. I hope Lost to Light isn't the daily for today, and is on either Thursday or Friday. The weekend would be the best but it seems to come in the middle of the week if the last two weeks are anything to go by

Good run Zocano and the rest. Thanks for the invite. Two wipes total and completed in just under 1hr30.

Good haul too. Made up for my shocking raids last week.

Titan:
309 raid helm
310 taikonaut from the shard bonus
307 ghost

And not so impressive:
300 mark
300 sniper

BahamutPT

I'm pooped. I hope Lost to Light isn't the daily for today, and is on either Thursday or Friday. The weekend would be the best but it seems to come in the middle of the week if the last two weeks are anything to go by

It'll be Promethean Code and people will go nuts because Sleeper Simulant. Calling it
(which means it will end up not being that)

coy

You deserve a break!

Thanks for the final kill. I have two weddings to attend this weekend so no Destiny the whole time. Glad I got this out of the way now. Also, I finally got a chestpiece over 287 as the raid one came at 303. This has been a fruitful night.

Bogeypop

I wasn't going to get the Cult Ghost on my Warlock because I'm lazy, but does anyone want to quickly do the Daily Heroic and get the Ghosts before reset?

Flashes of VoG in the raid I participated last night. Loot drops were:

Totems - 2 shards
Warpriest - 2 shards
Golgoroth - 1 pair of boots and 2 shards
Daughters - 2 shards
Oryx (with 28 shards on my char) - 1 pair of boots and 2 shards (WTF I thought a raid primary was garanteed and 20 shards were used anyway)

I don't even know what to think. Duebrithil had the same thing happen at Oryx this weekend. We have over 20 shards and we just get 1 piece of gear that's not a primary and 2 shards. Anyone else have that experience?

Top Bottom