• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Hedera

Flashes of VoG in the raid I participated last night. Loot drops were:

Totems - 2 shards
Warpriest - 2 shards
Golgoroth - 1 pair of boots and 2 shards
Daughters - 2 shards
Oryx (with 28 shards on my char) - 1 pair of boots and 2 shards (WTF I thought a raid primary was garanteed and 20 shards were used anyway)

I don't even know what to think. Duebrithil had the same thing happen at Oryx this weekend. We have over 20 shards and we just get 1 piece of gear that's not a primary and 2 shards. Anyone else have that experience?
Well, if it makes you feel better I got a worse bond than the one I was wearing and 2 shards from Oryx :p Also had 20 shards in my inventory.

Warpriest finally decided to drop something for a change though. After like 7 kills I got the sniper.

BokehKing

Banned
I like that I'm actually excited for armsday, will be getting my legendary Titan weapon today and my ace of spades for my hunter in about 20 minutes, time to put the hawk moon away

bitsurugi

TBH, don't like these ''flip a switch for community hype'' events that Bungie is doing.

Would rather love that it'd be a super secret way to get it or a daily heroic or whatever.

Seems kinda underwhelming. It's so hyped just because it's not day1. If the quest line would have been day1, i bet no big deal would have been made.

It might be released just now, due to Bungie fearing it would be powerful as Gjallarhorn in year1, thus trivializing some raid mechanics... dunno...

Shito

The First Firewall, it's unlocked for all. Just look at Earth missions.
It's not, a friend of mine playing right now doesn't have it unlocked.
He hasn't killed Oryx yet, and I'm still waiting for him to answer me whether or not he got the 4 rasputin items to the weaponsmith yet or not. ^^

Bradach

My warlock is now 299.6 light

Just an extra 4 pieces of light needed. My helm is 295 and chest is 294 so theres room for improvement there. all the rest is either 298 or 300+

I'm sitting on 3 exotic engrams waiting to hit 300 before opening them.

GlamFM

Banned
TBH, don't like these ''flip a switch for community hype'' events that Bungie is doing.

Would rather love that it'd be a super secret way to get it or a daily heroic or whatever.

Seems kinda underwhelming. It's so hyped just because it's not day1. If the quest line would have been day1, i bet no big deal would have been made.

It might be released just now, due to Bungie fearing it would be powerful as Gjallarhorn in year1, thus trivializing some raid mechanics... dunno...

Flipping the switch now because because of the negativity that broke out yesterday due to the microtransactions reveal IMO.

Either way - I LOVE these things!

phen0m24

All this talk about quests and Warsats and here I am excited to be able to order a Zarinea-D

AND VARIKS GAVE ME 40 relic iron

Have to say it was a good day

bitsurugi

So, Luke, please, you maybe got time to explain, when the switch will be flipped for No Time To Explain? I'd really love to have that gun for Trials!

^_^

Well, if it makes you feel better I got a worse bond than the one I was wearing and 2 shards from Oryx :p Also had 20 shards in my inventory.

Warpriest finally decided to drop something for a change though. After like 7 kills I got the sniper.

same luck as year 1 ? you should change your main char. random luck always work for me :3

All this talk about quests and Warsats and here I am excited to be able to order a Zarinea-D

been using Zarinae-D for a couple weeks now, it's easily the most enjoyable gun for normal PvE stuff (beyond raid and other high level content) It's a really solid M4/Scar style assaultrifle.

bitsurugi

Flipping the switch now because because of the negativity that broke out yesterday due to the microtransactions reveal IMO.

Either way - I LOVE these things!

Personally, don't mind these, if it's just cosmetics. If you want them, you buy them, if not... you don't :)

Shito

Ok, so my friend who does not have the new mission unlocked told me he did not have all the rasputin fragments, and that he just found a new one.
This seems to be at least one of the requisites for the quest to unlock.

Hedera

same luck as year 1 ? you should change your main char. random luck always work for me :3
Actually I only started running VoG more consistently after Dark Below so can't really say I was unlucky in year 1. Also CE was good to me on pretty much every character (except my Titan,took like a month to get a chest piece).

jimboton

I agree, it's underwhelming. Should have just been really well hidden.

This goes back to what I said about Destiny being too "corporate" and "gamey". It's designed such so that it exists explicity in tandem with the Internet; i.e. it's obvious Bungie are controlling it and that they want you to interact with external communities.

Whereas the more natural, integrated experience found in similar games (and that which would much better benefit Destiny) would be as you said - secrets that exist in the game waiting to be discovered: maps, puzzles, complex sequences and treasure hunts. There is a certain tangible element to these quests that is lost when you're taken out of the game and sent to Reddit to follow guides to unlock an item.

With a fanbase as rabid as Destiny's, it's certainly possible that the players would have discovered this quest line within days of TTK's launch had it been in the game from the onset. But it also would have been possible for Bungie to hide it behind specific conditions so that it'd be found more naturally, as opposed to this very obvious weekly switch coinciding with the Gunsmith reset.

I understand the sentiment and it's one reason I'm a bit soured on the game, especially with microtransactions on the way. It feels like it's losing its magic.

what does "super secret way" even mean.. any kind of secret will find its way to the internet

sounds more like you want something and don't want anyone else to get it too

Trickster

Cosmetics is fine, but you know they will add a "10$ for a 20% XP Boost for a month" Nightfall -item there, along with those Red Bull light items for XP too.

xp is pretty much irrelevant though. If they can make more content because people are willing to buy pointless stuff like that, I say go for it.

The moment where i get annoyed is if they start selling things that make it easier to get reputation, exotics, legendaries etc.

Top Bottom