• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Hanmik

Ok, so my friend who does not have the new mission unlocked told me he did not have all the rasputin fragments, and that he just found a new one.
This seems to be at least one of the requisites for the quest to unlock.

is there a list of locatios for those fragments..?

DestinyGAF right now

IgMyx.gif

noomi

aren´t they ghosts..? what ..? I´m confused..

They are called DVALIN fusion rifle relics (or something along that)

4 of them randomly drop off of.... anything... at anytime.

Seems once you've collected all 4 and handed them to the gunsmith it will unlock this new mission for you.

Waiting for Bungie to tweet that this was all a Easter egg.

Hah

"Sorry guys, it's just for funsies"

sephi22

Now that the ss hype is going down anyone want to do sword quests? I need to kill alak hul and his buddies in 30 seconds for raze lighter

1. Sephi22
2.???
3.???

Hanmik

They are called DVALIN fusion rifle (or something along that)

4 of them randomly drop off of.... anything... at anytime.

Seems once you've collected all 4 and handed them to the gunsmith it will unlock this new mission for you.

Hah

"Sorry guys, it's just for funsies"

ohh. I googled rasputin fragments and saw lots of sites with locations to ghosts..

Defuser

Man, it's hilarious for Bungie to think they finally fix the sniper OHK in crucible by nerfing final round only to introduce LitC in snipers which OHK lol.

Rainmaker

Banned
That's INCREDIBLY lame. This shit should've already been in the game anyway waiting for people to access it. No thanks with this kind of "mystery" that they control when it pops up.

The Black Spindle only being available when they make it the daily mission was already teetering on being a questionable idea but was okay for ONE thing. Now they're waiting out a whole exotic quest on us.

SkylineRKR

The Dvalin stuff dropped rather quickly for me, I think within the first 2 days of TTK. At first I thought it was free rep, but a 5th never dropped and I started to think its linked to Sleeper.

Bungie flipping a switch on it is sort of eh. I'd be cool if its been always there.

Silvard

Well, they weren't wrong when they said it might be difficult for any one person to find the method to get the Simulant, it probably takes a couple of devs to sign off on allowing us to proceed with the quest.

It has to suck being one of those people who spent every bit of their waking hours trying to solve the mystery without any indication from Bungie that the way forward was time locked.

On an aside, the rank 2 roll for the Thesan FR4 seems like a god roll for a fusion rifle:
  • Hot Swap, Accelerated Coils/Braced Frame, Rangefinder

The Thesan FR4 was already strong as a baseline, this is just over the top.

Hanmik

The Dvalin stuff dropped rather quickly for me, I think within the first 2 days of TTK. At first I thought it was free rep, but a 5th never dropped and I started to think its linked to Sleeper.

Bungie flipping a switch on it is sort of eh. I'd be cool if its been always there.

do you have to do some mission first to get the Dvalin stuff to drop..?

and where can I see the Dvalin in my profile..? inventory..?

noomi

Well, the gunsmith test weapons seem pretty easy today at least.

Should be able to get rank 5 on my hunter and get the First Curse quest, and rank 3 on my titan for the Fabian Strat AR.

WOOOO

Well, they weren't wrong when they said it might be difficult for any one person to find the method to get the Simulant, it probably takes a couple of devs to sign off on allowing us to proceed with the quest.

It has to suck being one of those people who spent every bit of their waking hours trying to solve the mystery without any indication from Bungie that the way forward was time locked.

those poor people surely would have done something more productive with their time

milkham

Has anyone else got a quest at the tower on the map but when you go there, there's nothing to turn in?

did you try walking around to all the zones in the tower? say if you're standing by your vault you won't have a visible marker if its someone in the hanger area that you have a quest step for

Well, the gunsmith test weapons seem pretty easy today at least.

Should be able to get rank 5 on my hunter and get the First Curse quest, and rank 3 on my titan for the Fabian Strat AR.

WOOOO

and 5 weeks later you'll be rank 10 with the sleeper simulant :p

noomi

The First Firewall mission is unlocked on all my characters. Has to be the 4 Fusion Rifle thingies.

It was the same for me.... I think....

That must mean that it is account wide? Finding 4 fusion rifles on one characters unlocks them on the other 2...

I remember you work on an offshore rig don't you? Someone said that today's mission isn't tied to yesterday's daily, so I think you're clear. Progression still seems tied to the raid, DGaf is still awesome for picking up folks for raid though, myself included.

Yeah that's the one!

That's good news! Will need to check it out when I get back!

For sure about DGAF though, it's by far the best community I've ever been a part of in gaming and that includes my MMO days.

I'm always more than happy to help anyone out on old or new content also, just need to get myself up to scratch first! :p

Flashes of VoG in the raid I participated last night. Loot drops were:

Totems - 2 shards
Warpriest - 2 shards
Golgoroth - 1 pair of boots and 2 shards
Daughters - 2 shards
Oryx (with 28 shards on my char) - 1 pair of boots and 2 shards (WTF I thought a raid primary was garanteed and 20 shards were used anyway)

I don't even know what to think. Duebrithil had the same thing happen at Oryx this weekend. We have over 20 shards and we just get 1 piece of gear that's not a primary and 2 shards. Anyone else have that experience?

No joke this is how both my last kings fall raids have been. I'm only at light level 303 because of infusing 310 exotics. Getting nothing but shards after killing a boss is a really shitty way of doing loot, and getting a bunch of them in one run screws an entire week of progress

Top Bottom