• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

a quick question..

is there a difference to when you turn in an engram..? should you have a higher level..? have a higher rank with the cryptograph..?

I have always just turned in all my engrams right away once I got them..

Once you hit light level 300 any exotics have a chance for a 310 roll.

LiK

There really needs to be a planetary mat conversion to other planetary mats. I have so much wormspore now that it's becoming pointless. There should be a 2>1 conversion to another planetary mat. Or convert a stack into motes or something.

haha yea, I have TOO much Wormspore now. I actively avoid even grabbing them during patrols.

Zoidberg

Striker emblem quest complete! Only a few hours over the day, not as bad as I though. A sad achievement, as it's the last time I can see myself even equipping the class until a massive overhaul - probably next September at the earliest.

Bradach

can a new Destiny player (level 40 lightlevel 234) still get the black spindle..?

and what is the best way to level my light..?

Do the strikes quest from Ikora (5 normal strikes / 5 heroic strikes / 1 nightfall) and she'll give you a 300 light secondary weapon. Plus you'll get lots of gear doing all those strikes. remember to use the '3 of Coins' buff if you bought them from Xur.

You should also do Eris court of oryx quest. For completing that she'll give you a 300 artifact.

As a general point always equip your highest light gear as the light on the new gear that drops will often just be a bit better than your current light so you want it as high as possible at all times.

Deku Tree

Great tip, Deku.

thx

I think I'm going to start purchasing engrams now anyway, there is nothing else I need from the vendors.

Either that or planetary materials :p

Once you have a ghost with the "decrypting engrams on planet X gives the corresponding planetary material" then it really starts raining planetary materials OMG... I keep 600 of each in the vault because reasons... and I try to keep no more than 100-200 of each one on each character... and I am having to delete them now... I am even having to delete extra wormspore.... (I also get a bunch of mats each week from Variks weekly package 3x.)

And I buy heavy either from the gunsmith or variks every time I get close to the glimmer cap and now I have nothing to do except turn in the heavy for rep because I have so much of it... OMG

GutZ31

About to start the last step in the exotic quest for the swords.
I am working on Arc, but am willing to help with the other elements if the need is there.
PSN is same as here. GutZ31

LiK

Bungie making people do all the events no one really cares about for guns. a whole new meaning to SMART loot.

ohh so people save their exotic engrams untill the hit level 300.. aha

but it doesn´t make a difference at lower levels..?

Yea if you're close to 300 then you might as well just save any exotic engrams you get because if you decrypt them at lower levels then the best you'll get are 290 exotics.

Hanmik

Do the strikes quest from Ikora (5 normal strikes / 5 heroic strikes / 1 nightfall) and she'll give you a 300 light secondary weapon. Plus you'll get lots of gear doing all those strikes. remember to use the '3 of Coins' buff if you bought them from Xur.

You should also do Eris court of oryx quest. For completing that she'll give you a 300 artifact.

As a general point always equip your highest light gear as the light on the new gear that drops will often just be a bit better than your current light so you want it as high as possible at all times.

thanks.. I did the 5 normal strikes last night.. will continue that quest then.

Just did the sword quest with 2 randoms. With all 3 different sword bearers, was intense.

Now I'm light level 301 without stepping foot in the raid.

Did anyone ever figure out what the deal was with all the Cayde-6 Treasure Island stuff that is present in the CE?

Would love to know if it leads to a new quest or something.

Zomba13

Sleeper quest looks so cool. Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

I'm guessing either till next Wednesday (armsday) or until next month on the 7th.

Did anyone ever figure out what the deal was with all the Cayde-6 Treasure Island stuff that is present in the CE?

Would love to know if it leads to a new quest or something.

Stuff to keep people occupied and looking for things until Bungie decide to flip the switch and activate that stuff in the game.

Strider

About to start the last step in the exotic quest for the swords.
I am working on Arc, but am willing to help with the other elements if the need is there.
PSN is same as here. GutZ31

Have u started just yet? I'm logging on in a few minutes and looking to do finish off my arc quest too.

--

Wait. So the sleeper quest was actually found?

GutZ31

Have u started just yet? I'm logging on in a few minutes and looking to do finish off my arc quest too.

--

Wait. So the sleeper quest was actually found?
I haven't started just yet, feel free to join.

As for sleeper, more like they just flipped the switch on it.

Nah, giving everyone what they want does not generate publicity man. Look at all the free publicity on the gaming news aggregator sites! All those people talking about the game! If SS was found the day TTK dropped it would be just posts of people going "is that it?" and "I have nothing new to collect in TTK!"
I'm not saying they should hand it out, but if we legitimately found the 4 relics and stumbled upon or discovered the next step (warsats), then why prevent us from continuing? Apparently there's more waiting time ahead anyways..
So how exactly did people waste their time for weeks?
Take a look at the Sleeper Reddit?

Stuff to keep people occupied and looking for things until Bungie decide to flip the switch and activate that stuff in the game.

Hahaha, I had a feeling this would be the case - Still, has me intrigued!

I should probably focus on actually getting some Destiny play time in rather than worrying about tangential sidequests. My poor Guardian is languishing at only 220 Light

Afrocious

What's going on today in Destiny? We found the Sleeper Stimulant? I'm on the destiny subreddit and folks aren't talking about anything interesting tbqh.

BahamutPT

Destiny: The Great Warsat Drought

What's going on today in Destiny? We found the Sleeper Stimulant? I'm on the destiny subreddit and folks aren't talking about anything interesting tbqh.

Kinda. Bungie flipped a switch and part of the quest for SS became available.

Bradach

thanks.. I did the 5 normal strikes last night.. will continue that quest then.

now that I think of it you'll need to be 260 light before doing the Heroic strikes.

In that case I would go to the court of oryx, just help some random person with a court and then speak to Eris in the tower. Once you've completed one court of oryx she'll then give you the court of oryx quest. By the time you've completed that quest you should have gotten a lot of gear and should be ready for heroic strikes.

Neat. Didn't realize that if you take one of the random relics that appear in the areas around the CoO and run them back to the CoO statue hall, you can deposit one and get a free Tier 3 CoO.

Top Bottom