• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

E92 M3

i'll know in 7 hours, lol

most likely better than Necrochasm!

Don't remind me about the Necrochasm! Bungie buffed and it became irrelevant the next week. Such a misstep.

Raze-Lighter will still do more DPS. I'm very certain :)

Buried City. But I got like 5 Eliminate Target just in that area before the Warsat. Plus several other events in other areas.

Thanks. Mars sucks

I honestly think it's going to be.... mediocre.

Yeah, it'll be okay - Bungie will never give us another Gjallarhorn (and I'm ok with that).

Irrelevant! We farm Grimoire here 5 points at a time. We farm husks from the pit of obsolescence. It must be assimilated into our collections!

Oh yeah, we completely poop sock Destiny lol.

Bogeypop

$10k confirmed Fake.

that sucks.

Not surprised at all.

qCzjU1U.gif

EL CUCO

I'm picking up mine when i get off work... what is this LITC i should be looking for in the perk tree?
I think everyone picks from the same batch. This one has Luck in the chamber, injection mold, and zen moment. It has a scope reminiscent of ambush and Handles smooth.

Hedge

Can you do the strike sword quest with no mic? I need the arc part later, if anyone needs it or can help. I'm light 295.

Whoa thanks for all the replies folks. So if I have turned in 4 already the gunsmith is going to give me a quest today?

It's my birthday today 😎

Congrats LT! :)

Bit late to the party here but I got an unexpected invite to this as the 6th. Thanks for the run guys and I'm sorry that I'm not very good at explaining stuff. Was almost 7 in the morning for me when we finished, was pretty tired but I wasn't prepared to give up, especially when I was taking someone elses spot.

307 boots from Oryx to add to the 310 gauntlets I got earlier isn't bad at all, just wish my hunter got decent drops.

Weak :p

At least tell me you slapped someone off the edge with Raze-Lighter.

It is pretty vicious but I mean, you're giving up your super while it's up. I don't think I've ever been killed by it in Crucible so people have not been catching on to it yet.

I could see it being a good Trials weapon as supers - especially Warlock supers- are situational, and you could perhaps pair it with The Stag. Stag's super recharge ability isn't THAT dramatic though. The minmaxer in me might want to use Alchemist Raiment instead, which I think provides grenade/melee recharge upon picking up orbs. Endless igniting viking funeral firebolt grenades...

But yeah have had very little time to experiment with it as I've been focusing hard on my Titan and I only recently found a (290) alchemist raiment. Hell as of last night my Titan alt surpassed my Warlock thanks to a 310 bond drop + finishing the 310 artifact quest. Tlaloc is the only thing keeping me from just going all in on Sunbreaker, I'll try to max both in Iron Banner to figure it out once and for all.

Every time I've used my super with it I instantly regretted it. Basically unfuckwithable at mid range, drops people like flies. It's a more stable, harder hitting Mida with snapshot, grenadier. It's fun as hell. Obviously it's still a scout rifle so it isn't meant to be used in close range engagements, even then I feel like it can compete. At its range is almost unfair lol

noomi

Can you do the strike sword quest with no mic? I need the arc part later, if anyone needs it or can help. I'm light 295.

You sure can, but it would certainly make it easier.

Just gotta coordinate when you down the knight and boss.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Bit late to the party here but I got an unexpected invite to this as the 6th. Thanks for the run guys and I'm sorry that I'm not very good at explaining stuff. Was almost 7 in the morning for me when we finished, was pretty tired but I wasn't prepared to give up, especially when I was taking someone elses spot.

307 boots from Oryx to add to the 310 gauntlets I got earlier isn't bad at all, just wish my hunter got decent drops.

Was a great run, thanks for the help and hope that you got some sleep. Sorry for my poor jumping skills last night.

I think everyone picks from the same batch. This one has Luck in the chamber, injection mold, and zen moment. It has a scope reminiscent of ambush and Handles smooth.

Ah, luck in the chamber! Ok i was trying to think what that stood for lol. Yeah everyone had the same weapons to choose from... but they will all roll random perks, right?

darthbob

This is a community that glitched a quest early within days of release. There's thousands hammering against the game and sharing their findings which accelerate things even more. Add the new fad of heavily data mining games, and the only thing Bungie could do would be to make every passcode in the game a large keycipher to slow people down for a day.

Remember how Bungie set up a mystery in Reach that would have taken a long time to figure out, then someone showed up and went "lol i just datamined it, here you go"

I don't recall a secret like that in Reach, but the IWHBYD skull on The Covenant was 'datamined' and I remember there was quite the discussion on the HBO forums regarding the spirit of finding easter eggs.

Back to the point, I do understand what you're saying and... yeah, it makes sense. Time gating the quest makes sense from Bungie's POV.

kiguel182

Okay, so, I never did the new raid and I would like to give it a shot. I'm currently level 295 and I know nothing about the encounters, going in blind.

If there's a group going on right now that would take it would be great. If not I can start one. Everyone is welcomed of course but it would be great to have at least one or two that have done the raid to help out.

Let's do this!

1. kiguel183

If you want in just put your name in and I'll send requests when it's full.

Personally, it completely deflates any sense of mystery. I much rather have a convoluted mystery that takes hundreds of thousands of Destiny players a day or two to collectively figure out, than something artificially prolonged with time gates, that still results in it being solved collectively within minutes once the gate is opened.

Yeah but people thought it was a secret so great everyone actively searching for it was taking weeks to find out. This took 30 minutes after unlocked to figure out the combinations. Not even close.

Glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed by the way this quest has been designed. I only hope the weapon itself is worth it.

maomaoIYP

So I'm reading that Bungie time gated the SS quest. Ughhhhhhh and they happily let people waste their time for weeks. That's not cool.
Nah, giving everyone what they want does not generate publicity man. Look at all the free publicity on the gaming news aggregator sites! All those people talking about the game! If SS was found the day TTK dropped it would be just posts of people going "is that it?" and "I have nothing new to collect in TTK!"

PuMa

haha, calling foilhat conspiracy that he did it himself just to get this torrent of donations from others! :D

"pls, no pity donations" and dozens of 20-50$ donations keep rolling in! :D

Probably. Those big streamers are terrible. No idea why people pay so much attention to them.

E92 M3

Bungie is managing us crazies by time gating the content - I'm ok with it. Otherwise everything would have been obtained in 3 weeks.

Also, I bet Bungie is watching how we are doing King's Fall and will adjust Heroic to make it as hard as possible.

Zomba13

Bungie really seems to be in to time gating important quests and adding long odds RNG, plus forcing players to perform early Y1 tasks that used to be considered boring or exploitative.

Exotic swords = chest farming, armsday gate, mat node farming + long odds RNG
Possible SS = time gate, armsday gate, public events farming, ????

Personally, it completely deflates any sense of mystery. I much rather have a convoluted mystery that takes hundreds of thousands of Destiny players a day or two to collectively figure out, than something artificially prolonged with time gates, that still results in it being solved collectively within minutes once the gate is opened.

Random thought, I really hope the loot cave is a finally step for one of these mystery quests.

Yeah. The Black Spindle stuff was good. There was a clue, exploration, a destination, a challenge and a reward. It was a quest. Some guy found it by accident, told other people, other people verified, people completed it, got the gun, told more people, helped others etc. It was awesome.

Here you have almost all of that, the working together, the hints, the mystery but then none of that matters because you have to wait for Bungie to decide it's time for the class to move on. Everyone looking for clues and doing all that stuff was pointless, not because it was wrong, but because it would never lead anywhere because of the way Bungie designed it. It just literally wasn't there until they flipped a switch. There wasn't an in depth puzzle or riddle to crack or a hidden location to find. It was just wait for Bungie to put a circle on your map so you can do it then figure out a puzzle, then wait until Bungie flips the next switch.

Doesn't help matters that the actual "gindy" bits of the quest are doing boring shit that was boring a week or so after launch.

Nah, giving everyone what they want does not generate publicity man. Look at all the free publicity on the gaming news aggregator sites! All those people talking about the game! If SS was found the day TTK dropped it would be just posts of people going "is that it?" and "I have nothing new to collect in TTK!"

And think how much more they'd have if it was actually tucked away in a complex, hidden quest line with no real instructions. "

Top Bottom