• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there matchmaking for that mission, I need to run it tonight and hoping to get all three done in one go

How would one person do 3 at once? is that possible? There's matchmaking. Simply astounding that there's matchmaking for THIS and not nightfall.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Why is the Vita obsessed with telling me when my friends are in a party? I DON'T CARE!

You have to turn that off. It'll drive you insane. When I got my new PS4, that was turned back on, and it drove me crazy. I have something like 200+ gaf destiny players on my list, I KNOW THEY ARE JOINING PARTIES W/O ME, WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD, GAME.

;)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Goth said he dismantled FB.

Heresy confirmed
B6I9a88.gif

Hey,

New player here to Destiny, hope someone can help with my newbie questions!

I just hit lv 40 and have 205 light. Taken King Vanguard strikes require 260. Whats best way to bridge that gap?
Ive done a couple of the Gunsmith field tests but can't hand them in. Any ideas how?
If i wanted to back and experience some of the legacy raids, would you still need 6 people or can they be done with less?
What should i be doing really after beating the main story? Bit lost.

Thanks a lot !

Lnkn52

You have to turn that off. It'll drive you insane. When I got my new PS4, that was turned back on, and it drove me crazy. I have something like 200+ gaf destiny players on my list, I KNOW THEY ARE JOINING PARTIES W/O ME, WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD, GAME.

;)

If only we can turn off the beep the PS4 makes when it's turns on. It wakes up the whole house!

BahamutPT

Neat. Didn't realize that if you take one of the random relics that appear in the areas around the CoO and run them back to the CoO statue hall, you can deposit one and get a free Tier 3 CoO.

The Interpoler buff Relic? I thought it was only for the Taken Consumption chest! That's cool!

tick221

How would one person do 3 at once? is that possible? There's matchmaking. Simply astounding that there's matchmaking for THIS and not nightfall.

Some of us have them stacked on one character. Each person works on a specific boss for their sword type, take all 4 bosses down within 30 seconds "should" unlock all three swords.

rNilla

;)

I did but it still tells me every time I turn it on.

I do not know of this; elaborate please.

Ok, you know the main CoO room, where you start the raid and where the hall of statues are, there are two adjacent rooms, "down hill". You blow up shield cores in there during early TTK missions, and some of the last relics for the first part of the raid spawn there. During patrols, those two adjacent rooms can randomly spawn relics. You just grab the relic (a one minute timer starts counting down as soon as you pick it up), run it back to the CoO statue hall, and you can deposit the relic to a statue. I deposited it in the statue the furtherest away from CoO because it was the first one I approached and it spawned a Tier 3 CoO session for free. It didn't cost a rune, the relic acts as a rune. I didn't check the other statues while I held the relic, but my guess is you might be able to deposit it to any tier statue you like. This seems to be a method to make sure even if you run out of runes, you have an option to still run CoO to get more runes.

Edit: You know what, I need to check this again. My inventory was a mess, and I might have not had my antiquated rune count accurate. I am pretty sure it said, "deposit relic" but it could have just taken my rune even though I was holding the relic. Er... possible theory.. needs more testing!

GlamFM

Banned
Hey,

I just hit lv 40 and have 205 light. Taken King Vanguard strikes require 260. Whats best way to bridge that gap?
Ive done a couple of the Gunsmith field tests but can't hand them in. Any ideas how?
If i wanted to back and experience some of the legacy raids, would you still need 6 people or can they be done with less?

Thanks a lot !

There should be a bunch of quest you can pursue now. Do that first.

LTWood12

thanks for the bday wishes everyone. Feel like I've missed so much around here. Can someone link me to whatever the $10,000 scandal is?

flkraven

So I tried my first full run at the raid last night. Our group got all the way to Oryx in our first fresh run in about 2 hours. Not to shabby for first timers. We tried Oryx for about 30 minutes but logged off since XBL was being fussy.

I pretty much know how the Oryx battle is supposed to go but we had something weird happen. We detonated all 4 of the first Orbs, 1 or 2 people died before getting back to the aura. After Oryx blew up, we started doing our run-around-in-circles thing to avoid his shots. However, instead of doing that, he started teleporting us to fight his shade. I thought we only fight the shade once we've lowered him below half?

Quick question for the Oryx veterans: Did we do like 50% damage to him on the very first set of bombs? Does the length of time spent detonating a bomb impact the amount of damage done? Or does he just randomly teleport you to fight the shade?

Anyone need to do the sunless cell strike for the swords?

Anyone interested in teaming up/ joining? We have one spot.

PSN: MandrakeUK or PSN Jafku

Trickster

Pretty lame that there's gating on the SS questline.

Bungie wants to have a slow burn of new post release content. I'm fine with that. Gives an incentive to come back for stuff other than the 3 weekly raid clears once in a while.

But hell, don't gate the gated post release content. Especially if doing so means making me run around looking for warsats for an hour+, only to literally give me nothing in return after I'm done with the available content...

EL CUCO

Ah, luck in the chamber! Ok i was trying to think what that stood for lol. Yeah everyone had the same weapons to choose from... but they will all roll random perks, right?
I think everyone gets to choose from the same 3 rolls, assuming you're atleast rank 3 ofc.

The only thing some might consider a down side to the Eirene RR4 is the low aim assist. However, if you can master that weapon, you'll be a beast with it. I've always preferred my Snipers with Ambush, and this feels alot like it.

Bottom page testing out new toys in Clash hyype
https://youtu.be/MyMC_AOt1JI

LiK

Warsat just shows up constantly for me in patrols. did they hold it back for this mission? kinda lame if so.

E92 M3

Ok, you know the main CoO room, where you start the raid and where the hall of statues are, there are two adjacent rooms, "down hill". You blow up shield cores in there during early TTK missions, and some of the last relics for the first part of the raid spawn there. During patrols, those two adjacent rooms can randomly spawn relics. You just grab the relic (a one minute timer starts counting down as soon as you pick it up), run it back to the CoO statue hall, and you can deposit the relic to a statue. I deposited it in the statue the furtherest away from CoO because it was the first one I approached and it spawned a Tier 3 CoO session for free. It didn't cost a rune, the relic acts as a rune. I didn't check the other statues while I held the relic, but my guess is you might be able to deposit it to any tier statue you like. This seems to be a method to make sure even if you run out of runes, you have an option to still run CoO to get more runes.

Edit: You know what, I need to check this again. My inventory was a mess, and I might have not had my antiquated rune count accurate. I am pretty sure it said, "deposit relic" but it could have just taken my rune even though I was holding the relic. Er... possible theory.. needs more testing!

Hmm, if that's true, then it becomes a great fail-safe for everyone that needs a fragment for the malice. Interesting find potentially if it wasn't actually your own rune.

Man this sleeper quest just went from fun and exciting to fuck it I'll get it at some point maybe.

Warsat public events? WTF. And then I hear it's off to pvp at some point? AND the quest is nothing but a dead end for now anyway?

ffs Bungie. At the very least let people finish the fucking thing if they want to go through the bs it takes to get it.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Hey,

Thanks a lot !

Do quests and you'll get drops and legendary marks. Do the daily crucible event. One March gives you 15 marks win or lose. Buy 280 light armor and ghost shell from vendors for slots you are lowest light level in every time you get 75 marks.

I do not know of this; elaborate please.

The Interpoler buff Relic? I thought it was only for the Taken Consumption chest! That's cool!

I think it may have just been UI confusion and it did take a rune from my inventory even though I held the relic. As soon as I picked up the relic, my instinct was to run to the statues based off the raid. I won't be able to confirm until I test on a alt with no other runes but reciprocal. I am now thinking it was just confusion on my part and I had one more antiquated rune than I thought so it probably just spent that while I was coincidentally holding the relic. Sorry for false alarm.

Homeboyd

That's INCREDIBLY lame. This shit should've already been in the game anyway waiting for people to access it. No thanks with this kind of "mystery" that they control when it pops up.

The Black Spindle only being available when they make it the daily mission was already teetering on being a questionable idea but was okay for ONE thing. Now they're waiting out a whole exotic quest on us.
Disagree 100%.

I much, much prefer the stuff they're doing with these dailies vs laying everything out day 1 and being accessible by all. We all sprint to the finish line as fast as possible and this keeps stuff out there for us to work towards/figure out long after we've kicked as many asses as possible in the content given to us. Watching the community come together to find/figure out these secrets is a lot of fun to be a part of, and really makes you wonder what else is hiding right under our noses that has yet to be discovered.

More of this please. Not less.

tick221

Also not sure if it has been mentioned already but one of the gunsmith orders for this week is the Häkke Zarinaea-D which is the auto that Unstable was using in the flawless raid.

ethomaz

Banned
I got the sword with two randoms.

Killed the Void and Solar plus the Boss in less than 30s.

Warlock Sith SUPER FOREVER!!!

PS. We could do easy the three (Void, Solar and Arc) together... it was just nobody has the Arc sword lol

Top Bottom