• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

E92 M3

Also not sure if it has been mentioned already but one of the gunsmith orders for this week is the Häkke Zarinaea-D which is the auto that Unstable was using in the flawless raid.

Thanks for the heads-up. Don't like auto rifles, but it looks and sounds like the SCAR, so I love it.

jschreier

Why is everyone assuming Sleeper is a timewall? What if it was actually triggered by the entire Destiny community turning in some super-high combined number of relics?

Why is everyone assuming Sleeper is a timewall? What if it was actually triggered by the entire Destiny community turning in some super-high combined number of relics?

It's been 5 entire hours since the reset. Someone would probably have had it and gotten bored of it by now if it was available.

PuMa

I doubt it. Everything seems to have been triggered through dailies or weekly updates so far.

Bradach

Also not sure if it has been mentioned already but one of the gunsmith orders for this week is the Häkke Zarinaea-D which is the auto that Unstable was using in the flawless raid.

I've never done the gunsmith ordering thing. How does it work, so I just select it and test it for him? Do I have to have a certain rank in gunsmith?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Gunsmith gave me Häkke's hand cannon as rank 5 gift, I think this is first Häkke HC I have seen in the game. It's sexy looking and quite fun to play with.

That's sweet. I got a "Judith" Hakke hand cannon last week and until now it was the only one I had seen in the game.
Mine hits like a truck. Not sure if it's better than anything else but it's fun to use.

Tovarisc

Wait, quest for First Curse only has that 100 kills step available now and then have to wait until next Wednesday? Gothalion got part where he needs to dismantle legendary hand cannons for parts, he started questline last week?

realcZk

the vanity is a great handcannon. got one that rolled triple tap and rifled barrel. only thing that would make it better is a dead orbit logo on the side instead of the Fruity War Cult one

Shito

Wait, quest for First Curse only has that 100 kills step available now and then have to wait until next Wednesday? Gothalion got part where he needs to dismantle legendary hand cannons for parts, he started questline last week?
Probably.
I think you are supposed to wait for next armsday like 3 different times during that whole quest...

Waldini

What? Wasn't it required to have a streak with PRECISION kills? Or has that been removed?

Tsosie

I like the theory. Wow did this a long time ago to open a new raid. The difference was it was a visible collection quest for everyone on the server. If the theory is true here, I believe that Bungie missed a huge opportunity to create player-base wide excitement.

BahamutPT

I thought about that, but it would still be behind a kind of timewall since it became active at the same times as the Armsday reset.
Loaded the game a few minutes before reset and had no mission. Logged out and in and it suddenly was available.
So even if it's community-based there's still kind of timer on it (at least until reset or next Armsday).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've never done the gunsmith ordering thing. How does it work, so I just select it and test it for him? Do I have to have a certain rank in gunsmith?

Once you are a certain level you will see five packages between the test guns and the ammo synths. You purchase/place an order before Sunday and on Wednesday when you visit the Gunsmith he gives you the guns you ordered.

Man, using Ace of Spaded for the first time last night made me realize how much I miss proper hand cannons. With out boatloads of range, they are so worthles post nerf. Haven't had a purple hand cannon I like so far. Hand cannons and side arms are a mess right now. Which is a shame because I love using both.

tick221

You can test the weapons he has starting every week on Wednesday, this is mainly done to rank up the gunsmith. He also has 5 different weapons you can order which are delivered the following Wednesday. You can order as many weapons as your rank is with the gunsmith, so rank 1 can order 1 a week, rank 5 for 5 a week, etc.

There are also exotics that you get from the gunsmith quests for hitting rank 3, they are character specific

realcZk

I like that TTK has quests to acquire some exotics, but some of them make me scratch my head, especially the exotic sword one. I get that bungie wants us to have memories/stories to tell behind how we acquired a weapon, but i don't want to tell anyone about the time spent in mat farming depression (dark times, man), or how I had to wait a week for armsday to roll around.

I'm hoping theres more to the sleeper quest than just waiting, but whatever

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Am I the only one who orders the legendary weapons from gunsmith then dismantles on arrival for marks? Easy glimmer to marks. I wish though I'd ordered the Eirene RR4 though.

Tovarisc

Probably.
I think you are supposed to wait for next armsday like 3 different times during that whole quest...

I think it's unnecessary extension of questline to gate it behind multiple armsday waits, but still tad confused about not having step where I need dismantle hand cannons. I could swear Gothalion did that 100 kills and now is looking for HC's to break down.

What? Wasn't it required to have a streak with PRECISION kills? Or has that been removed?

100 or so hand cannon kills with telemetry active was step, now I need to wait until next Wednesday :(

Rainmaker

Banned
Disagree 100%.

I much, much prefer the stuff they're doing with these dailies vs laying everything out day 1 and being accessible by all. We all sprint to the finish line as fast as possible and this keeps stuff out there for us to work towards/figure out long after we've kicked as many asses as possible in the content given to us. Watching the community come together to find/figure out these secrets is a lot of fun to be a part of, and really makes you wonder what else is hiding right under our noses that has yet to be discovered.

More of this please. Not less.

Except this wasn't hiding under anyone's nose. People were actively trying to figure it out and there was nothing to figure out. They literally activated it today and then it's just a dead end until they want us to do more. The mysterious stuff is exciting and I think The Black Spindle thing is cool by itself and they've shown that it'll be in rotation a lot but this is being drawn out on purpose and totally deflated my excitement. If people want to sprint to the finish line let them.

It would be way more awesome to have this in the game from the beginning and let people figure it out on their own even if it's complicated riddles. They've gone overboard with the armsday/reset day time-gating. The First Curse, exotic swords, The Chaperone, etc...

The community came together for about 30 minutes to figure out some codes and before Bungie activated this there was a lot of wasted time by part of the community searching for it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wow so much entitlement re: Sleeper. FFS BUNGIE JUST GIVE IT TO US.

Chill your bones, dudes.

The only mistake Bungie made was hyping up the SS pre-release, so now everyone already knows this leads to the SS eventually. If we didn't know that, people would be freaking out over this mystery mission with unknown rewards, just like the Spindle mission caused a lot of excitement because it was totally unexpected.

I will say that so far it's a bummer that the quest chain itself isn't really offering any lore and the "puzzle" was looking at the order in which a few knights spawned.

This does make me suspect that the ghost stuff from Paradox may eventually lead to another step too, though. Glad I ended up doing it.

flkraven

So I tried my first full run at the raid last night. Our group got all the way to Oryx in our first fresh run in about 2 hours. Not to shabby for first timers. We tried Oryx for about 30 minutes but logged off since XBL was being fussy.

I pretty much know how the Oryx battle is supposed to go but we had something weird happen. We detonated all 4 of the first Orbs, 1 or 2 people died before getting back to the aura. After Oryx blew up, we started doing our run-around-in-circles thing to avoid his shots. However, instead of doing that, he started teleporting us to fight his shade. I thought we only fight the shade once we've lowered him below half?

Quick question for the Oryx veterans: Did we do like 50% damage to him on the very first set of bombs? Does the length of time spent detonating a bomb impact the amount of damage done? Or does he just randomly teleport you to fight the shade?

Anyone?

noomi

hmm. regarding raids..

are all raids only for high level players..? or only the Kings Fall raid..?

VoG Normal: 26
VoG Hard: 30
Crota Normal: 30
Crota Hard: 33

Or at least that's what it used to be, with all the new gear and attack values you can probably go in there anytime lol

realcZk

hmm. regarding raids..

are all raids only for high level players..? or only the Kings Fall raid..?

The raids have different difficulties with recommended levels

Vault of Glass (Normal): Level 26 Recommended
Vault of Glass (Hard): Level 30 Recommended

Crota's End (Normal): Level 30 Recommended
Crota's End (Hard) : Level 32 Recommended

King's Fall (Normal): Light 290 Recommended

You can get into these raids a couple levels under the recommended if you want to, but back in the day it was a considerable nerf to damage output. Not sure how they play out in 2.0

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Man, using Ace of Spaded for the first time last night made me realize how much I miss proper hand cannons. With out boatloads of range, they are so worthles post nerf. Haven't had a purple hand cannon I like so far. Hand cannons and side arms are a mess right now. Which is a shame because I love using both.

Yeah I got AoS today and I didn't really realize until the 100 handcannon kills part of the quest that I haven't been using them at all in TTK, and all the ones I tried just felt wrong. I hope AoS feels better.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Happy Birthday LT.
Hey,

New player here to Destiny, hope someone can help with my newbie questions!

I just hit lv 40 and have 205 light. Taken King Vanguard strikes require 260. Whats best way to bridge that gap?
Any higher attack/defense items you find and equip will raise your light.

Buy a Vanguard Ghost as soon as you have the marks for it.

When decrypting engrams at the cryptarch, make sure you have your highest stuff equipped. If you really want to get the most out of it, check after each decryption if you got an upgrade and equip that before the next engram.
Ive done a couple of the Gunsmith field tests but can't hand them in. Any ideas how?
Once you complete a field test weapon's requirement it is "turned in" you can dismantle the weapon (or keep it if you like it in particular for the moment, I used a couple until about 230-odd light).
If i wanted to back and experience some of the legacy raids, would you still need 6 people or can they be done with less?
None of the raids technically require 6 people but it's certainly easier on everyone involved, especially new players. I do newbie raids every week if you are interested. There is one tomorrow for CE that is already full but there will be a VoG next thursday. You can send me a PM if interested.
What should i be doing really after beating the main story? Bit lost.
Honestly, whatever you like. There are tons of quests from the NPCs in the Tower and Reef, you can check out each of the strikes from your Map screen, you can pledge to a faction and just focus on bounties and patrol beacon missions to level them up, the Vanguard Legacy and standard Vanguard Strike playlist, Prison of Elders (the 28 will get you lots of engrams and strange coins, and has matchmaking), there's PvP if you enjoy it, you can explore the Dreadnaught and look for secrets and keys (and collect 25 hadium for your sword if you don't have it yet).

Bradach

Once you are a certain level you will see five packages between the test guns and the ammo synths. You purchase/place an order before Sunday and on Wednesday when you visit the Gunsmith he gives you the guns you ordered.

You can test the weapons he has starting every week on Wednesday, this is mainly done to rank up the gunsmith. He also has 5 different weapons you can order which are delivered the following Wednesday. You can order as many weapons as your rank is with the gunsmith, so rank 1 can order 1 a week, rank 5 for 5 a week, etc.

There are also exotics that you get from the gunsmith quests for hitting rank 3, they are character specific
Great! one character is almost lvl 1 so i'll test a gun to get him to lvl 1 and order that cool AR

Afrocious

Questions:

1) Seems like people are disappointed with the Sleeper Stimulant questline. Are you considering chilling out on it or are you gonna rush it to the end whenever that comes?

2) How do you get the Ace of Spades?

Top Bottom