• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Now that I've thrown all the shade about the Warsat I am ready to move on...

Last Night's Raid Haul:

Warlock:
Gloves
310 Shotgun

Hunter:
310 Suros from Oryx
Boots

Titan:
Gloves

Still not helmets and or chest pieces. I got all the weapons from the raid now, except I infused my 300 pulse into my Tlaloc while cleaning up my inventory. I thought I was infusing the Auto Rifle into it.

Edit: Also, first time raiding with Maff, she's a hoot

You make a good point. i have one gathering dust because it is 277. I think i'll infuse it and give it another try

Def do it! Mine is only 293 and it has been melting everything i come across. Honestly amazed i'm enjoying an autorifle so much! You can pop heads at long distances with controlled bursts and then shred medium targets with super accurate headshots... the reduced recoil paired with stability perk DEF transform this gun!

You need dat' Paleocontact JPK-43 from Dead Orbit yo.

Gross! lol no, but honestly i can't stand autorifles like those... i need some punch and range! It does make a perfect SMG however ;)

f329e680e7db86c96f7faf7666aad877.jpg

Paleocontact JPK-43
RoF: 88
Imp: 8
Rng: 20
Sta: 72
Rel: 68
Mag: 45-69

b1807f14a67ad0743d748c9ab8f7e2cd.jpg

The Dealbreaker
RoF: 77
Imp: 28
Rng: 40
Sta: 37
Rel:41
Mag: 20-26

c2bba68d13d904c69c898570ae8135e8.jpg

Zarinaea-D
Rng: 25
Sta: 60
Rel: 65
Mag: 24-30

Shito

Just to into Siege of the Warmind. Loads of waves of thrall spawn. Use super, grenades, melee, etc until they stop spawning and then jump off the side to re spawn and reset. You'll do it in like 30 mins. Unless you're a titan and it's for the void sword...
I'll probably end up doing that, after 2 days of playing it "normally" I'm still like at 51%...

Afrocious

I'm also going to say I think having exotic questlines with PvP is a bad idea. It forces bad practices in PvP that can affect teams negatively.

I'm also starting to believe vanguard and crucible marks shouldn't have ever been replaced with legendary marks, and instead the factions could just take both currencies.

LTWood12

Def do it! Mine is only 293 and it has been melting everything i come across. Honestly amazed i'm enjoying an autorifle so much! You can pop heads at long distances with controlled bursts and then shred medium targets with super accurate headshots... the reduced recoil paired with stability perk DEF transform this gun!

Gross! lol no, but honestly i can't stand autorifles like those... i need some punch and range! It does make a perfect SMG however ;)

Paleocontact JPK-43

The Dealbreaker

Zarinaea-D

The hi-rof weapons actually feel good now IMO, and the Paleocontact is everything the Zarinaea is & more. But yeah, if you only like the higher impact stuff it's not for you.

zewone

So the first roll for the Eirene RR4 sniper rifle from the gunsmith with LitC is a one shot body kill in the crucible when it procs.

I already dismantled mine.

Feels bad, man.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I agree: Bungie probably shouldn't have hyped up the Sleeper Stimulant and instead kept their lips closed as they hit the 'on' switch for these quests.

I mean, they're huge and time consuming but you don't necessarily have to do them immediately. I say this as someone who's quasi-hardcore about this game's PvE content as well.

I'm treating some of these exotic quests in Destiny like I would treat certain sidequests in MMO that awarded rare and guaranteed stuff - these quests are made for the hardcore. The sooner you acknowledge that, the better they'll be. I felt the Exotic Sword gathering part was annoying as hell, but it's for an exotic 310 sword, you know?
The resonated with me, and definitely something I keep in mind. I actually haven't minded any of the quest requirements, even the most tedious ones, because of their nature as longer-term goals to work toward and get basically a continuous drip of rewards as you play Destiny for however long you play it. I have no problem with any of the quest steps so far (even though I do agree they should have said absolutely nothing about the Sleeper Simulant and kept us wondering what this was all for).

...except the rare material gathering for the swords. I can't take it. I would so much rather it had been "literally gather 200 material nodes" because I could have simply worked toward that over time with my usual pace. It's not the gathering/farming/grinding aspect that bothers me but the randomness. I just have no idea how long I can expect it to take, despite being theoretically able to progress the goal at any time, and that's incredibly deflating. I did a little over a half hour yesterday on the moon looking for what was already my least favorite material to gather, and remain at 0/10 so far. If I didn't have keen scout to at least direct me to the next node and give me some semblance of a goal, I don't know how I'd be able to complete this.

EL CUCO

So the first roll for the Eirene RR4 sniper rifle from the gunsmith with LitC is a one shot body kill in the crucible when it procs.

Feels bad, man.
You know everyone is going to have it in Trials.

Edit: everyone except Ape lol

Paleocontact JPK-43

The Dealbreaker

Zarinaea-D

Dealbreaker was my first drop from TTK and I agree. The thing is a beast.

I nearly scrapped it because it was an AR, so happy I didn't.

Feels bad, man.

I grabbed the one with CC...sigh...this day keeps getting better.

So now, instead of Final Round it could be the first round and a body shot...it feels really bad lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The hi-rof weapons actually feel good now IMO, and the Paleocontact is everything the Zarinaea is & more. But yeah, if you only like the higher impact stuff it's not for you.
The Magazine on that Paleocontact is wild. I might give it a shot one day.

I VASTLY prefer this shit to RNG. VASTLY. I don't care if it took me 2-3 hours to get those rare materials for my exotic swords - the RNG was minimal and now I'm guaranteed to get my swords as long as I do this strike. I don't have to cross my fingers for the swords to drop. Same thing with the Touch of Malice. I collected all those calcified fragments, went through the raid, and completed the hardest story missions the game has at the moment.

Hell, I'll even go as far as to say I felt the Black Spindle challenge should've had more going on with it. 10 minutes to clear three rooms? I much prefer the padded out quests. A few more quests to earn the Spindle would've been good. Also, I don't think waiting for Lost to Light to be a daily heroic mission is a good move. Let me do the challenges when I want to, but make them challenging and make me invest my time in them.

There's still RNG though lol. Have been at earth looking for a warsat for the last hour and no luck.

realcZk

...except the rare material gathering for the swords. I can't take it. I would so much rather it had been "literally gather 200 material nodes" because I could have simply worked toward that over time with my usual pace. It's not the gathering/farming/grinding aspect that bothers me but the randomness. I just have no idea how long I can expect it to take, despite being theoretically able to progress the goal at any time, and that's incredibly deflating. I did a little over a half hour yesterday on the moon looking for what was already my least favorite material to gather, and remain at 0/10 so far. If I didn't have keen scout to at least direct me to the next node and give me some semblance of a goal, I don't know how I'd be able to complete this.

agree with you so much. when i see mat nodes in my path i almost always pick them up, no problem. would have much preferred to gather these at my own pace / organically rather than have to run the old mat loop again. when I first started farming for the sword quest I think I spent about 15-20 minutes to get 1/10 of the materials needed due to the RNG nature of how they drop. I did it with a fireteam too and we did not get our drops after the same number of nodes, so while it might be based on the # of nodes you farm or the relic iron farmed from each node, i'm pretty convinced theres also an RNG element to the drops.

Kyne

Feels bad, man.

After Felwinters 2.0 showed up
Conspiracy Theory D
I was wondering when we'd get Spear 2.0.

Let's go boys. Year 1 meta 2.0.

There's still RNG though lol. Have been at earth looking for a warsat for the last hour and no luck.

I'm just camping out at Skywatch since I know one always pops up there at some point (of course today it wants to take its sweet time but thats fine. My boss is on leave, I got all week).

Shito

So, it seems the DRAVIN relics are the only requirement for getting the new mission to pop: my friend who didn't get them all found the last one, and today's mission unlocked for him.

Tecnniqe

Banned
But isn't the reward an IKELOS core or something? And doesn't the flavour text of the SS say Subroutine IKELOS = Complete? Seems like it obviously ends with SS

Subroutine IKELOS: Status=Complete
MIDNIGHT EXIGENT: Status=Still in progress.

Also banshee say this
"This core's like the ones in the DVALIN relics you found, but better. Stronger. Newer. Made recently, too. Not compatible with the DVALINs. Or any other rifle I've seen. Gonna hang on to this, give it a closer look, Maybe show it to the City's foundries. Show 'em what a real weapon looks like."

After Felwinters 2.0 showed up
Conspiracy Theory D
I was wondering when we'd get Spear 2.0.

Let's go boys. Year 1 meta 2.0.

I grabbed CC on my Warlock but I just realized my Hunter has a package...LITC here I come. Now to get this bad boy to 310 ASAP

Deku Tree

The resonated with me, and definitely something I keep in mind. I actually haven't minded any of the quest requirements, even the most tedious ones, because of their nature as longer-term goals to work toward and get basically a continuous drip of rewards as you play Destiny for however long you play it. I have no problem with any of the quest steps so far (even though I do agree they should have said absolutely nothing about the Sleeper Simulant and kept us wondering what this was all for).

Keen scout is useless for the sword quest. I'm sure you are using a ghost with planetary material X detector unlocked. I just did that and stayed on my sparrow most of the time, and kept in mind that it takes a minute or so for the planetary materials to load in after you enter an area. Took me about an hour to 1.5 hours to do that part of the quest (all the three times that I did it). And I got a bunch of ability kills done while I was farming.

30 minutes and zero progress is brutal though. I guess that is the RNG part.

Mars Warsat join Subtervotion

Edit: Over. Sorry to anyone who wanted to join in, Warsats don't really last long. I posted immediately when it popped up.

I'm finding the ability kills to be more of a bother than the mats...

Siege of the warmind, get your super and wipe. Then bum rush the first wave, use Bad Juju to regain super with the thralls coming down the stairs wipe and repeat.

I did Arc,Void and Solar with my warlock in one go - 2948 kills and 92 deaths took about 90 mins

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
While I certainly see your point, the bad luck of just not having run into a Warsat public event yet is pretty mundane to me. Furthermore, much of the stress of "looking for it for the last hour" is the result of you wanting to get this done as soon as possible- even though the last step of the quest doesn't actually lead to anything but being ready for the next one at this point. You could, if you chose to, just get them piecemeal over days or weeks if you wanted. I mean, as designed the quest step would give you an excuse to actually do a warsat event you encountered otherwise, rather than being the actual "what" of "what you're doing in Destiny."

Imagine if completing the Warsat event only gave you a CHANCE at the component you needed. That's the kind of thing I can't stand.
So, it seems the DRAVIN relics are the only requirement for getting the new mission to pop: my friend who didn't get them all found the last one, and today's mission unlocked for him.
Yeah, seems right.
(DVALIN lol)

Top Bottom