• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
2) How do you get the Ace of Spades?

Rank 3 Gunsmith quest as a Hunter only. Only Hunters can use it, sadly.

edit: must've gotten lucky with my Scablands warsat because it spawned almost immediately when I went to Mars =\

Homeboyd

Except this wasn't hiding under anyone's nose. People were actively trying to figure it out and there was nothing to figure out. They literally activated it today and then it's just a dead end until they want us to do more. The mysterious stuff is exciting and I think The Black Spindle thing is cool by itself but this is being drawn out on purpose and totally deflated my excitement. If people want to sprint to the finish line let them.

It would be way more awesome to have this in the game from the beginning and let people figure it out on their own even if it's complicated riddles. They've gone overboard with the armsday/reset day time-gating. The First Curse, exotic swords, The Chaperone, etc...

The community came together for about 30 minutes to figure out some codes and before Bungie activated this there was a lot of wasted time by part of the community searching for it.
Yeah THIS specific quest wasn't available without the switch being flipped.. but other stuff has been, or at least partially accessible, with clues right under our noses. I didn't mean the end rewards are available right now.

Wasted time? Half the fun of figuring this shit out is.. figuring this shit out. I understand you want everything laid out right in front of you with clear steps on how to get to each reward, but I just disagree with that approach. Strongly. Every game does that and Destiny already has plenty of it.

Personal preference, I much prefer this mysterious approach. Every little thing you come across in daily missions could be a clue for something else down the line and it has spawned tons of treasure hunter type groups dedicated to combing over this stuff every day. Go in there and tell them they are "wasting their time" doing what they do. I bet they'll disagree too.

Where I do agree with you is questlines that just say "ok now wait til Wednesday to progress any further." That kind of stuff sucks but isn't what I'm talking about here. I don't want the game telling me on day 1, "Hey if you do this daily mission on October 3rd, and instead of finishing the mission normal, you go this way and do this thing, you'll get this reward." Way more fun (for me) doing it this way.

Either you did a fuckton of damage to him detonating four bombs but with only four people delivering extra DPS, or he glitched out.

Fun fact: he teleports you UNDER his room when Doxology begins. I saw the sword of his Shade clip through the floor once. :lol

Hanmik

The raids have different difficulties with recommended levels

Vault of Glass (Normal): Level 26 Recommended
Vault of Glass (Hard): Level 30 Recommended

Crota's End (Normal): Level 30 Recommended
Crota's End (Hard) : Level 32 Recommended

King's Fall (Normal): Light 290 Recommended

You can get into these raids a couple levels under the recommended if you want to, but back in the day it was a considerable nerf to damage output. Not sure how they play out in 2.0

nice

are any of them doable alone..?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

If you didn't hit his pain gait and had him below that health trigger maybe it was glitching. Or maybe that can happen whenever he wants.

It would be cool if it could be random like that. But I'm guessing if he wasn't that low on health that he glitched.

I was playing last week and had some major netcode issues going on and after we detonated the bombs he was just stuck there and we unloaded everything we had into him and then he took us into his shade right away as well. We didn't have enough ammo to kill him inside his shade so we wiped.

Acidote

So, I just got home and I have that Earth mission available. Is there a reddit thread or something I should follow with step by step directions?

Hedge

Does the loot get worse when you hit 290+?
I just can't get a new ghost or boots. They all drop at level 260-285. Infuriating!

realcZk

nice

are any of them doable alone..?

Well... you could certainly solo certain parts of them (however the entirety of crota's end has been soloed many times), but for the most part they require multiple people due to the mechanical design. I would definitely try to experience it with a full fireteam as intended, they are a lot of fun!

Hanmik

Oh no.

Well, technically you could solo Crota's End, but I wouldn't recommend it. Definitely not as a first-timer.

I just remember reading articles about some people soloing some raids.. I play at stupid hours, and I don´t use a headset, so I´m pretty much screwed in regards to raids.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Will anyone on PS4 help me with Stirok in the rocket yards? Nobody is ever hear and this guy is such a pain to solo.

PSN UncivilDKizzle

Born2Live

Thank goodness that's over 3 hours of Eliminate th Target on Mars was almos to much for me to take.

Just about to fully charge my tier 3 rune for CoO. If anyone wants to join add Ty_84.

Ty

I just remember reading articles about some people soloing some raids.. I play at stupid hours, and I don´t use a headset, so I´m pretty much screwed in regards to raids.

The Vault of Glass is impossible to solo. Some people have developed strategies to deal with certain bosses on their own, but it involved a lot of trial and error and a lot of experience with raiding in groups.

Crota's End is the only one you can technically finish on your own, but it requires you to exploit the environment and use a weapon not easily obtained.

King's Fall is impossible solo.

so are the old raids a joke now if you're 40 with 300+ light?

Yes.

noomi

so are the old raids a joke now if you're 40 with 300+ light?

I would assume so.

Two people I play with said they ran a 35PoE the other day, and it was ridiculously easy. Remember that huge servitor at round 4? The pain in the ass one that would take 20 minutes to down?

He went down in 15 seconds apparently... without a ghorn even :p

Afrocious

YOU LIKED THEM

hqdefault.jpg

Well...I'm at work now. I can't wait to get back home and wait for the Mars Warsat to not spawn.

I woke up early and figured I would knock out this SS quest along with the daily story and crucible. Boy was I wrong. I just spent 2 hours on Mars waiting for a Warsat to spawn and it did not happen. I'm sorry I've been spamming the thread with this, but waiting 2 hours trying to get a public event to happen is ABSURD. Bungie should be ashamed of themselves for this one. They said they valued our time and this quest is the exact opposite of that statement. Just...blergghhhhhhhh!

Bradach

I wouldn't think the hours would be a problem. there are lots of players from all time zones here.
Communication is pretty important in raids though, you might be able to muddle through if you're a good listener and use the gestures but it wouldn't be ideal

EDIT: Oh no, the top page... such pressure

KHAAAAAAAN.GIF

Trickster

Wow so much entitlement re: Sleeper. FFS BUNGIE JUST GIVE IT TO US.

Chill your bones, dudes.

The only mistake Bungie made was hyping up the SS pre-release, so now everyone already knows this leads to the SS eventually. If we didn't know that, people would be freaking out over this mystery mission with unknown rewards, just like the Spindle mission caused a lot of excitement because it was totally unexpected.

I will say that so far it's a bummer that the quest chain itself isn't really offering any lore and the "puzzle" was looking at the order in which a few knights spawned.

This does make me suspect that the ghost stuff from Paradox may eventually lead to another step too, though. Glad I ended up doing it.

Entitlement? Really? I don't think I've seen a single person complain before today about the SS not being released. And it's been almost a month since TTK came out.

Gating a questline doesn't make it easier or harder to do. It's litterally just a way of artificicially stretching the time it takes to do their content.

The Spindle mission was awesome because it was something out of left field that was hard and immediately rewarded you with something awesome upon completion.

darthbob

Well...I'm at work now. I can't wait to get back home and wait for the Mars Warsat to not spawn.

I woke up early and figured I would knock out this SS quest along with the daily story and crucible. Boy was I wrong. I just spent 2 hours on Mars waiting for a Warsat to spawn and it did not happen. I'm sorry I've been spamming the thread with this, but waiting 2 hours trying to get a public event to happen is ABSURD. Bungie should be ashamed of themselves for this one. They said they valued our time and this quest is the exact opposite of that statement. Just...blergghhhhhhhh!

I'm sure their intention is for you to not do the quest in 2 hours, but to have it just happen naturally throughout your adventures.

Then again, we are the 1%.

I wouldn't think the hours would be a problem. there are lots of players from all time zones here.
Communication is pretty important in raids though, you might be able to muddle through if you're a good listener and use the gestures but it wouldn't be ideal

I'd recommend against it, honestly. I had a guy with me who played without a mic yesterday during King's Fall. He was a platform holder, I was the runner at the Oryx fight. I jump on the first platform. Second. Third. Suddenly I notice there's no fucking platform there. At that exact moment I notice the guy is huddled in a corner somewhere, not doing anything, because he couldn't tell us he went AFK for a bit.

Needless to say, I quit after that part.

realcZk

VoG is one of the greatest gaming memories I think I've ever had. Seriously.

There was something magical about going through the entire thing, with my fire team. The encounter design, the vex, gatekeeper / atheon fights. My first vex mythoclast drop. Breaking down the encounters and of course the hilarious cheese. Fatebringer. So fucking magical. Thanks for the memories Bungie.

Going through it again in the paradox mission daily (
and finally getting to go through that god damn mysterious lone portal!
) brought back the feels

Afrocious

Yeah I agree: Bungie probably shouldn't have hyped up the Sleeper Stimulant and instead kept their lips closed as they hit the 'on' switch for these quests.

I mean, they're huge and time consuming but you don't necessarily have to do them immediately. I say this as someone who's quasi-hardcore about this game's PvE content as well.

I'm treating some of these exotic quests in Destiny like I would treat certain sidequests in MMO that awarded rare and guaranteed stuff - these quests are made for the hardcore. The sooner you acknowledge that, the better they'll be. I felt the Exotic Sword gathering part was annoying as hell, but it's for an exotic 310 sword, you know?

Trickster

I'm sure their intention is for you to not do the quest in 2 hours, but to have it just happen naturally throughout your adventures.

Considering that the exotic sword quest is actually a thing, you're probably right.

That doesn't mean that that line of thinking isn't comletely out of touch with how people actually play the game.

Sending out my batsignal.
I want a Simulant in my Vault by the time I get home :]

No one is getting the Simulant today mate.

Sure, that is a very fair point. The problem is I went to Earth and the Warsat was the first public event. I then went to the Moon and the Warsat was also, the first public event. I would HOPE they have control over how frequently these events spawn and if so, just increase the Warsat ones on Mars.

It's just frustrating knowing I have to go home and do that tonight.

Top Bottom