• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

LiK

any experienced buddies wanna do raid with me after I get my exotic sword tonight? I don't care where we start. just looking for drops. need 300+ chest piece and helm.

While I certainly see your point, the bad luck of just not having run into a Warsat public event yet is pretty mundane to me. Furthermore, much of the stress of "looking for it for the last hour" is the result of you wanting to get this done as soon as possible- even though the last step of the quest doesn't actually lead to anything but being ready for the next one at this point. You could, if you chose to, just get them piecemeal over days or weeks if you wanted. I mean, as designed the quest step would give you an excuse to actually do a warsat event you encountered otherwise, rather than being the actual "what" of "what you're doing in Destiny."

Imagine if completing the Warsat event only gave you a CHANCE at the component you needed. That's the kind of thing I can't stand.

Yeah, seems right.
(DVALIN lol)

Oh i completely agree with you. This warsat quest is not NEARLY as bad as the exotic sword one.

LTWood12

any experienced buddies wanna do raid with me after I get my exotic sword tonight? I don't care where we start. just looking for drops. need 300+ chest piece and helm.

T-44 and I might be up for it. We'll be getting our swords tonight as well. Which sword are you getting?

flkraven

I understand why people are a little peeved about the time gate thing. I'm not, but I totally understand those that are.

I personally was a little niggled yesterday over the daily heroic grimoire thing. Not because it exists (it's awesome!) but because it was restricted to a daily event. Before we knew about the black spindle quest, I spent like 5 hours thoroughly exploring VOG during the paradox mission, trying to find the dead ghosts/grimoire. Feels like such a waste of time when you find out something was actually there, but that it just wasn't the right 'day'.

Afrocious

The resonated with me, and definitely something I keep in mind. I actually haven't minded any of the quest requirements, even the most tedious ones, because of their nature as longer-term goals to work toward and get basically a continuous drip of rewards as you play Destiny for however long you play it. I have no problem with any of the quest steps so far (even though I do agree they should have said absolutely nothing about the Sleeper Simulant and kept us wondering what this was all for).

...except the rare material gathering for the swords. I can't take it. I would so much rather it had been "literally gather 200 material nodes" because I could have simply worked toward that over time with my usual pace. It's not the gathering/farming/grinding aspect that bothers me but the randomness. I just have no idea how long I can expect it to take, despite being theoretically able to progress the goal at any time, and that's incredibly deflating. I did a little over a half hour yesterday on the moon looking for what was already my least favorite material to gather, and remain at 0/10 so far. If I didn't have keen scout to at least direct me to the next node and give me some semblance of a goal, I don't know how I'd be able to complete this.

I don't have Keen Scout on my Warlock and I got two exotic swords to get once I get off work. No, it's not easy. In fact, it's actually quite easy to get frustrated while farming. The best things I can suggest is to use the zone glitch when you can, have the proper ghost equipped, use a sniper rifle, and have a Netflix subscription.

When I did the quest, and when I do the quest again for my arc sword once I get my Titan high leveled enough, I've acknowledged that I'm doing something absolutely unnecessary to get through the game in its current state. However I'm doing it because I like to have the shiniest stuff and be at the top of my game.

There's still RNG though lol. Have been at earth looking for a warsat for the last hour and no luck.

Oh RNG's going to exist, but there's more of an element of dedication now since the exotics no longer just drop out of thin air for random joes.

Kyne

are you needing to do the strike quest for it? if so, when tonight? I have a buddy who needs his sword and I'll be helping him out.

edit: I was late to the party it seems :x well, if you want an all-solar run you can run with us. His is solar as well and I'm just running it to help him out, I don't actually need anything.

LTWood12

The Magazine on that Paleocontact is wild. I might give it a shot one day.

It really is! after I shared this pic below yesterday I unlocked counterbalance. Bottom of the second column is braced frame, which significantly ups the range at the cost to stability, but it's not a terrible trade-off. Gun still feels really good. W/ hand-laid stock chosen it feels like a freaking laser. I need to infuse it up past 300, but I'm loving it for fighting bigger groups of ads.

KjXIyixl.png

Afrocious

I may be leaving work early today since I'll literally be the last dude in office I think. I'm going to be going for my Solar and Void exotic swords today if anyone wants to help out and get theirs as well.

The best part of the Sleeper Stimulant quest is that I don't have to wait for a certain day to do it (unless I'm mistaken).

Not that I mind waiting for Wednesdays.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm finding the ability kills to be more of a bother than the mats...
Crazy! I'm at like 130 or something without having focused on working on them at ALL yet. Just keeping that subclass equipped as I got about my business for the moment and it comes.

LiK

I may be leaving work early today since I'll literally be the last dude in office I think. I'm going to be going for my Solar and Void exotic swords today if anyone wants to help out and get theirs as well.

The best part of the Sleeper Stimulant quest is that I don't have to wait for a certain day to do it (unless I'm mistaken).

Not that I mind waiting for Wednesdays.

what time? I'm gonna be on after 5PM EST for Solar sword. we haven't played together in forever.

shermas

I don't have Keen Scout on my Warlock and I got two exotic swords to get once I get off work. No, it's not easy. In fact, it's actually quite easy to get frustrated while farming. The best things I can suggest is to use the zone glitch when you can, have the proper ghost equipped, use a sniper rifle, and have a Netflix subscription.

When I did the quest, and when I do the quest again for my arc sword once I get my Titan high leveled enough, I've acknowledged that I'm doing something absolutely unnecessary to get through the game in its current state. However I'm doing it because I like to have the shiniest stuff and be at the top of my game.

Oh RNG's going to exist, but there's more of an element of dedication now since the exotics no longer just drop out of thin air for random joes.

I completed the materials grind for 2 swords this week and it was BRUTAL. Sure, I could have continued to play the game normally and picked up mats in the wild, as I came across them, but I wanted to get the orders done. I listened to Podcasts, stood up and stretched every once in a while, etc, but that was the most taxing couple hours I've had 'playing' this game in a long time.

WipedOut

It really is! after I shared this pic below yesterday I unlocked counterbalance. Bottom of the second column is braced frame, which significantly ups the range at the cost to stability, but it's not a terrible trade-off. Gun still feels really good. W/ hand-laid stock chosen it feels like a freaking laser. I need to infuse it up past 300, but I'm loving it for fighting bigger groups of ads.

KjXIyixl.png

Is this a vendor version or drop? I'm maxed on marks and can't think of what to buy.

Deku Tree

Warlock is OP for doing all three exotic sword quests.

(1) only do the first part once.
(2) Stormcaller is a great super for arc ability kills
(3) Voidwalker plus obsidian mind is insanely good for void ability kills
(4) Sunsinger is also good... pop super and grenades for days... wear Praxic if you didn't dismantle it like Todd.
(5) always equip bad juju for ability kills

EDIT: and yeah the hunter radar perk is totally un-necessary because you just equip a ghost that finds your planetary materials for you.

^That farming without Hunter radar though.

I just picked up LiC sniper because the other two had terrible rolls, didn't know it procced one shot body kill in crucible.

Tecnniqe

Banned

KjXIyixl.png

On a scale from 1 to 10 how good is it?

Dealbreaker was my first drop from TTK and I agree. The thing is a beast.

I nearly scrapped it because it was an AR, so happy I didn't.

Same! I see ARs come up and automatically hit scrap or infuse with them... saw The Dealbreaker come up and it was honestly the name that got me curious enough to check the stats and perk roll... so thankful! It's the Suros but for adults who can control their aim lol! (and minus the awesome Regime perks)

Is Spindle preferred for War Priest & Golgoroth & Malice for Daughters/Oryx?

And is anyone raiding late Saturday night (starting at 9-10pm ET)?

FyreWulff

I don't recall a secret like that in Reach, but the IWHBYD skull on The Covenant was 'datamined' and I remember there was quite the discussion on the HBO forums regarding the spirit of finding easter eggs.

It was the series of switches on New Alexandria that let you pilot a Phantom or Pelican and removed all of the soft and hard boundaries so you could fly out to the skybox.

After people didn't find it for a while after launch, Bungie hinted at it in an update, and someone datamined it and showed everyone the exact steps to do it while the community was working on it.

LiK

looks like there are plenty of people who need to do the final sword quest step. i'll check back and ask for help when I'm on.

JackHerer

Assembled my core pretty easily by using the events tracker site. I feel like it's pretty lame that the quest was time gated. All those people wasting their time looking for secrets to unlock the quest....smh.

I finally got Banshee-44 to rank 3 and he gave me Cocytus SR4. Looks really slick. Same base model as Tlaloc but in black. Perks are ok but no way this thing will compete with Hung Jury. Now time to get my exotic hand cannon and finish my sword quest. The game really has done a great job to keep my this engaged with it for the past month.

Mupod

Warlock is OP for doing all three exotic sword quests.

(1) only do the first part once.
(2) Stormcaller is a great super for arc ability kills
(3) Voidwalker plus obsidian mind is insanely good for void ability kills
(4) Sunsinger is also good... pop super and grenades for days... wear Praxic if you didn't dismantle it like Todd.
(5) always equip bad juju for ability kills

I used voidwalker/obsidian mind but voidfang vestments and suiciding after the thralls on Siege of the Warmind also works for any subclass. And yeah I'll probably do all 3 exotic swords on the warlock.

Top Bottom