• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Rainmaker

Banned
Yeah THIS specific quest wasn't available without the switch being flipped.. but other stuff has been, or at least partially accessible, with clues right under our noses. I didn't mean the end rewards are available right now.

Wasted time? Half the fun of figuring this shit out is.. figuring this shit out. I understand you want everything laid out right in front of you with clear steps on how to get to each reward, but I just disagree with that approach. Strongly. Every game does that and Destiny already has plenty of it.

Personal preference, I much prefer this mysterious approach. Every little thing you come across in daily missions could be a clue for something else down the line and it has spawned tons of treasure hunter type groups dedicated to combing over this stuff every day. Go in there and tell them they are "wasting their time" doing what they do. I bet they'll disagree too.

Where I do agree with you is questlines that just say "ok now wait til Wednesday to progress any further." That kind of stuff sucks but isn't what I'm talking about here. I don't want the game telling me on day 1, "Hey if you do this daily mission on October 3rd, and instead of finishing the mission normal, you go this way and do this thing, you'll get this reward." Way more fun (for me) doing it this way.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood my post but I'm totally for the mysteries. I even said I'd rather this be a set of complicated riddles that were in the game from the start instead of a switch flip. I do think the people looking for this gun beforehand were wasting there time but it's no fault of their own and that's really crappy. I just don't like that it was forced to happen on this day and then we are made to wait. Not to mention the Warsats involved.

darknil

So yesterday's group we got until the labyrinth before the Ogre on the raid. I'm having a lot of fun, I don't feel like there's an unforgiving mechanic like there was on VoG and also I feel I'm not underpowered.

Except that I tried last week Pholgoroth, damn bullet sponge.

GlamFM

Banned
VoG is one of the greatest gaming memories I think I've ever had. Seriously.

There was something magical about going through the entire thing, with my fire team. The encounter design, the vex, gatekeeper / atheon fights. My first vex mythoclast drop. Breaking down the encounters and of course the hilarious cheese. Fatebringer. So fucking magical. Thanks for the memories Bungie.

Going through it again in the paradox mission daily (
and finally getting to go through that god damn mysterious lone portal!
) brought back the feels

Thought the same thing yesterday.

Afrocious

So yesterday's group we got until the labyrinth before the Ogre on the raid. I'm having a lot of fun, I don't feel like there's an unforgiving mechanic like there was on VoG and also I feel I'm not underpowered.

Except that I tried last week Pholgoroth, damn bullet sponge.

Single gaze is the way to go.

realcZk

the vex mythoclast is by far the coolest weapon (aesthetics, performance, lore, gunplay and overall design) to ever enter my hands in destiny

it will be hard to top that one for me

just look at this beautiful bastard
Ct9nolo.jpg

hnnnng

zewone

Artificial time road blocks for quests are pretty lame.

This games exotics are full of them. (Swords, chaperone, first curse, SS, etc..)

noomi

Going home for lunch, going to knock out test weapons and the daily.

Will focus on getting them warsats after work when I have a few hours to spare.

Skele7on

Banned
One day I'll finish an exotic sword quest, but today won't be that day.

I just HATE the collecting mats part it's just so awful.

Thanks for the heads-up. Don't like auto rifles, but it looks and sounds like the SCAR, so I love it.

I dont like autorifles either and sharded the crap out of the ZarinaeaD... The Dealbreaker is much better for scout/pulse/hc fans. Same base weapon and sound... slower fire rate... MUCH stronger impact and if it rolls with decreased recoil and stability like mine did with 26 rounds... it's honestly the best autorifle in the game without elemental damage... IMHO

b1807f14a67ad0743d748c9ab8f7e2cd.jpg

The Dealbreaker
RoF: 77
Imp: 28
Rng: 40
Sta: 37
Rel:41
Mag: 20-26

c2bba68d13d904c69c898570ae8135e8.jpg

Zarinaea-D
RoF: 88
Imp: 8
Rng: 25
Sta: 60
Rel: 65
Mag: 24-30

But seriously... everyone should try and get a stability rolled Dealbreaker!

Tovarisc

It has been over year now, is it too much to ask to get PvP matchmaking that results in matches that aren't about fucking around with red bar players? It got old months ago that players die with insane delays and even kill you as they are running around dead.

What is the deal with Warsats today?

It's part of the SS quest. You have to complete a "Defend the Warsat" public event on Earth, the Moon, and Mars.

The Mars Warsat takes forever or in some cases, like myself, after two hours you just give up because you get 7 "Eliminate the Target" events in a row.

The salt is real.

Highwind

He's doing the Mars part of the SS quest, but I'll wrestle the controller from him in 30 min at the latest, if that's okay.

I don't mind waiting till later in the day. I have had some stuff come up which I need to take care of anyways which might take awhile.

Bradach

I dont like autorifles either and sharded the crap out of the ZarinaeaD... The Dealbreaker is much better for scout/pulse/hc fans. Same base weapon and sound... slower fire rate... MUCH stronger impact and if it rolls with decreased recoil and stability like mine did with 26 rounds... it's honestly the best autorifle in the game without elemental damage... IMHO

The Dealbreaker

Zarinaea-D

You make a good point. i have one gathering dust because it is 277. I think i'll infuse it and give it another try

Is there a way to see if I've turned in all four of the fusion rifle relics? Or just basically if I get home and "The First Firewall" is available, that's it?

ethomaz

Banned
Will anyone on PS4 help me with Stirok in the rocket yards? Nobody is ever hear and this guy is such a pain to solo.

PSN UncivilDKizzle
Send me a invite when the event start... I have suck a bad time with it so I will help everybody that needs to kill him.

Is there a way to see if I've turned in all four of the fusion rifle relics? Or just basically if I get home and "The First Firewall" is available, that's it?

AFAIK there is no way to tell unless the mission is there. Hell, I had it on one of my alts and didn't even realize (which I guess can confirm that the Gunsmith rank doesnt matter as my alt is still at rank 0).

LTWood12

The Dealbreaker

Zarinaea-D

You need dat' Paleocontact JPK-43 from Dead Orbit yo.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
AFAIK there is no way to tell unless the mission is there. Hell, I had it on one of my alts and didn't even realize.

If you open it for one, you open the mission for all your characters. At least it's open on all 3 of mine, and I only just started my hunter 3 days ago.

I cannot get rid of the Laurea Prima emblem. I shard it. Go to orbit. It appears again. Shard. I select a destination and once warp begins. I get it again. I move it to the vault. Get another one. Move it to the vault while I'm not even logged in. Get another one immediately.

I sharded 8 of them last night, each time hoping that it would be my last. But nope.

I cannot escape my own legend apparently.

Oh sleeper stimulant questline today? Interesting. Everything cool happens at reset 4am my time, and i hear about it at work and i can't start playing until 5pm at best. 13 hours after the fact. The torture!

I decided to raid yesterday so I didn't get the daily ghosts done.

All you do is turn them into your faction for rep?

Kyoufu

I literally got all mine in the first day of playing TTK so I'd be surprised if anyone here didn't already have all four unless they just started the game.

@Raybunny

We raiding tonight?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh sleeper stimulant questline today? Interesting. Everything cool happens at reset 4am my time, and i hear about it at work and i can't start playing until 5pm at best. 13 hours after the fact. The torture!

I decided to raid yesterday so I didn't get the daily ghosts done.

All you do is turn them into your faction for rep?

Allegedly.

Daemul

Friend just woke me up with a phone call to tell me that the SS has been found and to get online to get the weapon, so I've just scrambled to the Xbox, this should be fun day.

EDIT:Just read the last page, turns out there's a time lock behind finishing the quest? LOL! Back to bed I go. Ain't nobody got time to be wasting on a gated quest.

AFAIK there is no way to tell unless the mission is there. Hell, I had it on one of my alts and didn't even realize (which I guess can confirm that the Gunsmith rank doesnt matter as my alt is still at rank 0).

I literally got all mine in the first day of playing TTK so I'd be surprised if anyone here didn't already have all four unless they just started the game.

Cool, thanks. Yeah I'm pretty certain I have all of them because I remember a bunch of them dropping during a strike, turning them in, and never seeing another one since then.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Friend just woke me up with a phone call to tell me that the SS has been found and to get online to get the weapon, so I've just scrambled to the Xbox, this should be fun day.

EDIT:Just read the last page, turns out there's a time lock behind finishing the quest? LOL! Back to bed I go. Ain't nobody got time to be wasting on a gated quest.

The quest allegedly leads to Sleeper.

If you open it for one, you open the mission for all your characters. At least it's open on all 3 of mine, and I only just started my hunter 3 days ago.

Ah, I see. If this is the real deal, wonder if I can has Sleep Simulant x3? SSX3?

Merge them all to make Super Saiyan Sleeper Simulant?

Watch us do all this for a 290 artifact...

flkraven

Sounds almost like you detonated then early or late or something. If you screw up the bombs and don't actually hit him with them, he immediately just goes into the shade phase.

This sounds like the most likely scenario since it revolves around us fucking up :p

Sane_Man

I'm finding the ability kills to be more of a bother than the mats...

Just to into Siege of the Warmind. Loads of waves of thrall spawn. Use super, grenades, melee, etc until they stop spawning and then jump off the side to re spawn and reset. You'll do it in like 30 mins. Unless you're a titan and it's for the void sword...

Afrocious

I VASTLY prefer this shit to RNG. VASTLY. I don't care if it took me 2-3 hours to get those rare materials for my exotic swords - the RNG was minimal and now I'm guaranteed to get my swords as long as I do this strike. I don't have to cross my fingers for the swords to drop. Same thing with the Touch of Malice. I collected all those calcified fragments, went through the raid, and completed the hardest story missions the game has at the moment.

Hell, I'll even go as far as to say I felt the Black Spindle challenge should've had more going on with it. 10 minutes to clear three rooms? I much prefer the padded out quests. A few more quests to earn the Spindle would've been good. Also, I don't think waiting for Lost to Light to be a daily heroic mission is a good move. Let me do the challenges when I want to, but make them challenging and make me invest my time in them.

Top Bottom