• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Is Spindle preferred for War Priest & Golgoroth & Malice for Daughters/Oryx?

And is anyone raiding late Saturday night (starting at 9-10pm ET)?

1000 yard stare is a good option for the first two as well. But ToM wrecks the last two because of the invulnerability aura. Not necessarily a requirement by any means though.

Hedge

What are the tactics of the exo sword quest? Kill the wardens that are the wrong element, then whittle down alak hul and the real warden?

LTWood12

Is this a vendor version or drop? I'm maxed on marks and can't think of what to buy.

I misspoke. bottom of second column is reinforced barrell. my description of the perk was correct though.

This one dropped for me. Vendor rolls Rangefinder->Speed Reload->Feathermag->Reinforced Barrell-> Third Eye. Not ideal.

On a scale from 1 to 10 how good is it?

Hard to compare to other classes of weapons. But for the high-ROF autos i'd give it 8.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't have Keen Scout on my Warlock and I got two exotic swords to get once I get off work. No, it's not easy. In fact, it's actually quite easy to get frustrated while farming. The best things I can suggest is to use the zone glitch when you can, have the proper ghost equipped, use a sniper rifle, and have a Netflix subscription.

When I did the quest, and when I do the quest again for my arc sword once I get my Titan high leveled enough, I've acknowledged that I'm doing something absolutely unnecessary to get through the game in its current state. However I'm doing it because I like to have the shiniest stuff and be at the top of my game.
In broad strokes I totally agree with you. I want the full collection of Exotic Swords more than anything else, the addition of swords has been so enormously fun for me I'm willing to anything for them, and that includes tedium I'd otherwise avoid (generally speaking I never do anything in a game unless it's actually fun for me- even if takes me much longer to accomplish a goal). In this case, the reward is so good... and there ISN'T a longer-term-but-more-fun way to pull it of... that I'm doing it anyway.

I think I could summarize my complaint with the step in particular by just stating that I would prefer it take twice as long as it will end up taking me whenever I get it done, were I just able to make concrete progress at an x per minute rate.

It's the difference between knowing you'll have to do something a bunch of times and not knowing how many times you'll have to do something. One of the main factors that kept me from getting as deep into the Monster Hunter franchise as I otherwise would've (still love it, but I dropped it after my third or fourth RNG roadblock).

Bradach

This dropped for me the other day. A fine little HC. Its a Hawkmoon-lite!

miniHM.bmp

Kyne

speaking of the exotic swords...

The arc is amazing, especially the combo potential.

You go in from the air, R1 > R2 for big damage, land, immediately string into R1 > R1 > R1 > R2/Distructo Disk. The damage is MASSIVE. The follow up from R1 to R2 is so smooth, it's as if they wanted you to be able to do sick combos.

Feels like I'm playing DMC. Fucking love the implementation of swords.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
curse you bradach. curse youuuu
Is Spindle preferred for War Priest & Golgoroth & Malice for Daughters/Oryx?

And is anyone raiding late Saturday night (starting at 9-10pm ET)?
Yes. Spindle is also a good choice for the roaming-ogre-murderer at Oryx. ToM absolutely eviscerates the Daughters and Oryx's weakpoint though, I look forward to getting mine.

You go in from the air, R1 > R2 for big damage, land, immediately string into R1 > R1 > R1 > R2/Distructo Disk. The damage is MASSIVE. The follow up from R1 to R2 is so smooth, it's as if they wanted you to be able to do sick combos.

And if you have the Raze-Lighter you could just R2

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Even the R1-R1-R1-Jump-R1-R2 combo on a Legendary sword feels ripped from an action game. It's magnificent.

Edit: thanks for Spindle/Malice info, folks.

In broad strokes I totally agree with you. I want the full collection of Exotic Swords more than anything else, the addition of swords has been so enormously fun for me I'm willing to anything for them, and that includes tedium I'd otherwise avoid (generally speaking I never do anything in a game unless it's actually fun for me- even if takes me much longer to accomplish a goal). In this case, the reward is so good... and there ISN'T a longer-term-but-more-fun way to pull it of... that I'm doing it anyway.

I think I could summarize my complaint with the step in particular by just stating that I would prefer it take twice as long as it will end up taking me whenever I get it done, were I just able to make concrete progress at an x per minute rate.

It's the difference between knowing you'll have to do something a bunch of times and not knowing how many times you'll have to do something. One of the main factors that kept me from getting as deep into the Monster Hunter franchise as I otherwise would've (still love it, but I dropped it after my third or fourth RNG roadblock).

What's interesting about Monster Hunter is that yes, there's RNG on drops, and things can be quite rare, it's that it offsets that by giving you control over your drops. I wanted Hawkmoon all of last year, but I couldn't control where I got it from. Just do stuff and hope it drops. Now I want armor with Pulse Rifle perks, but that comes from anywhere. The only solution is to get a ton of drops and hope it appears.

Monster Hunter offsets RNG by telling you specifically what to kill to get what you want. Want gear with these skills and these resists? Kill Brachy. Etc. Destiny's approach is good too, but to put in MonHun terms: It's saying you get that awesome exotic not from killing monsters, but from mining nodes. Which isn't why I play either Monster Hunter or Destiny. And why I gave up MonHun when it came to charm hunting.

Strider

This Arc exotic sword
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

The arc sword while dodging around with Shade-Step is the most fun build I've ever played in Destiny.

This is the double edge sword with these, "Bungie flips a switch" mysteries/quest lines. There is absolutely no point in trying to explore these paths when seemingly all we have to do is wait another week for another switch to flip. Any time I butt up against something mysterious, my reaction will be...wait it out. Because as with Oryx's BBall court, you can waste a ton of time for dead ends. Or with the Praedyth ghosts, rush to hit a dead end. It isn't fun knowing that every mysterious discovery that hits a dead end could just be an artificial barrier intentionally withed by Bungie and not some thing the community needs to unravel.

If they want to continuously release little bits of content and gear through these time gated quests, I'm all for it. But the "secret' stuff sloppily littered all over the game that is pointless until Bungie tells you it is valid, is really lame and defeats the purpose of having secrets to uncover.

So many things getting in the way of this mars warsat. See one on event tracker in 1 min, go there, taken corrupting area, nothing spawns. Next one comes and the opposing forces go to war, nothing spawns. :(

Afrocious

Hunters with swords is literally DMC with two jump cancels you can do at will. I love it.

I'm going to experiment with blinking swords. If all goes well, I'll be able to replicate Vergil in Destiny. You can almost do it when fighting the shield bros. When that one with the gun jumps up and you slash at him at the right time, you'll literally teleport to him mid sword combo and it's glorious

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is the double edge sword with these, "Bungie flips a switch" mysteries/quest lines. There is absolutely no point in trying to explore these paths when seemingly all we have to do is wait another week for another switch to flip. Any time I butt up against something mysterious, my reaction will be...wait it out. Because as with Oryx's BBall court, you can waste a ton of time for dead ends. Or with the Praedyth ghosts, rush to hit a dead end. It isn't fun knowing that every mysterious discovery that hits a dead end could just be an artificial barrier intentionally withed by Bungie and not some thing the community needs to unravel.

If they want to continuously release little bits of content and gear through these time gated quests, I'm all for it. But the "secret' stuff sloppily littered all over the game that is pointless until Bungie tells you it is valid, is really lame and defeats the purpose of having secrets to uncover.

Wasn't the spindle found through the community finding things on their own? And we have no idea what else we haven't found yet.

So many things getting in the way of this mars warsat. See one on event tracker in 1 min, go there, taken corrupting area, nothing spawns. Next one comes and the opposing forces go to war, nothing spawns. :(

This was my world for 2 hours today. It never happened. Fingers crossed it happens tonight.

stb

Is there any reason to NOT kill each Daughter ASAP? e.g.
- Drop the left bubble, kill the daughter on that pass
- Drop the right bubble, kill the daughter on that pass

matmanx1

LMAO that's hilarious; can't wait to see what the future brings come Tuesday.

Oh wow. Simultaneously one of the funniest and silliest things I have ever seen in Destiny. Still, mad props to those folks for the sheer entertainment value and creativity on display.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there any reason to NOT kill each Daughter ASAP? e.g.
- Drop the left bubble, kill the daughter on that pass
- Drop the right bubble, kill the daughter on that pass

No real reason, but you do usually have less time on the second daughter so if it's close, it's easier to just do it in 3. If you have a few ToM users, though, they die pretty fast.

This week the Speaker is selling the Dead Zone Revolution and Cosmic Joke cloaks. He already sold Cosmic Joke last week.

Sorry Hawkian, still no Y2 Cloud Walker Tribute. Maybe next week?

Top Bottom