• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Finally completed the Wolves of Mars quest! It took about 2 hours, but it was pretty painless. The class item I was given was only 230, so I infused it up to 291. I'm still sitting at 293 light.

LTWood12

Is there any reason to NOT kill each Daughter ASAP? e.g.
- Drop the left bubble, kill the daughter on that pass
- Drop the right bubble, kill the daughter on that pass

There is a reason if you don't have a really good amount of DPS. If you kill daughter one on the first run, daughter 2 gets a pretty signficant health/defense (whatever) buff. Tried doing it this way over the weekend and it wasn't working. We could easily kill the first one, but the buff made getting enough DPS off in time on #2 pretty tough.

Mupod

a gunsmith omolon sniper you could order last week that has luck in the chamber, apparently when it procs its a one hit kill in the body in regular pvp

I ordered two and was surprised to see those perks, all I wanted was a sniper that beats out 1000 yard stare for PVE...oh boy.

Shoot to loot actually sounds like it'd be great for the raid. Particularly could save some scary running around on Golgoroth.

Wasn't the spindle found through the community finding things on their own? And we have no idea what else we haven't found yet.

Spindle is a "mystery" done right. The praedyth ghosts and this firewall questline are not. Being able to dive in to a mystery that is impossible to solve until a switch is arbitrarily switched on, is not intriguing. Black spindle mission is an awesome idea and I would love to see more things in the game like that.

speaking of the exotic swords...

The arc is amazing, especially the combo potential.

You go in from the air, R1 > R2 for big damage, land, immediately string into R1 > R1 > R1 > R2/Distructo Disk. The damage is MASSIVE. The follow up from R1 to R2 is so smooth, it's as if they wanted you to be able to do sick combos.

Feels like I'm playing DMC. Fucking love the implementation of swords.
That's exactly how I use it. Plus the R2 hits all enemies around you. It's great for taking out waves of enemies.

question: how are you able to order guns from banshee?

i've been able to do it some weeks but not all the time and i dont know why

If I'm remember correctly, you only have until Sunday or Monday to put in your order, after which they won't show up in his shop. Maybe you're just going on the wrong day?

Afrocious

Wont be long until people start doing sword combo vids with people solo'ing bosses with only their swords. Then we'll have Destiny TRUESTYLE competitions in this thread. People will look down upon guns and PvP will be better because of it.

LiK

question: how are you able to order guns from banshee?

i've been able to do it some weeks but not all the time and i dont know why

just go now and order something.

Wont be long until people start doing sword combo vids with people solo'ing bosses with only their swords. Then we'll have Destiny TRUESTYLE competitions in this thread. People will look down upon guns and PvP will be better because of it.

its reliance on heavy ammo keeps it from being used more often in PVP. people will still resort to shooting a rocket at you.

shermas

I don't have a quest at the Gunsmith and I haven't had an FR relic drop on my Titan in weeks... anyone else having this issue? I'm pretty sure I got all 4 of them (or maybe only 3)... do I need to be rank 5 with him? I'm still at 4 (will be five in a few minutes).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Spindle is a "mystery" done right. The praedyth ghosts and this firewall questline are not. Being able to dive in to a mystery that is impossible to solve until a switch is arbitrarily switched on, is not intriguing. Black spindle mission is an awesome idea and I would love to see more things in the game like that.

Agreed. I didn't even bother with the ghosts yesterday. It'll be a few weeks until the "mystery" is solved (aka un-gated by Bungie) so I'll worry about it later.

I'd bet that there are more spindle-like quests out there. I rely on those Reddit folks who spend 20 hours a day looking for them :) I salute you, secret-finder!

Half of me agrees... i want to know more and i want my SS... while the other half of me sort of enjoy's the time gate approach so that they can control the flow of some higher end-game loot and extend some of the experience by keeping me from rushing through everything in one month.

If they can do that in a way that keeps players engaged with weekly missions and quest-lines that have good content... i'm ok with it. If it becomes... take this to gunsmith and wait till next week without much else... i'll be bummed.

Afrocious

I feel like I could have dodged those golden gun shots just strafing left and right because that guy was blind as a bat.

dont ruin the coolness of it for me. i just love the idea of a dude backflipping to avoid an insta-kill bullet.

If I'm remember correctly, you only have until Sunday or Monday to put in your order, after which they won't show up in his shop. Maybe you're just going on the wrong day?

ahhh. i didn't know that!

just go now and order something.

good idea

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do void sword on titan and see if it comes naturally then:p
Yeahhhh I'll pass. :p I plan to just do all 3 on my hunter.
EDIT: and yeah the hunter radar perk is totally un-necessary because you just equip a ghost that finds your planetary materials for you.
Okay and if you do have the hunter radar perk, why is it necessary to buy a ghost for each planet I need to find materials on? Help me out here, lol
What's interesting about Monster Hunter is that yes, there's RNG on drops, and things can be quite rare, it's that it offsets that by giving you control over your drops. I wanted Hawkmoon all of last year, but I couldn't control where I got it from. Just do stuff and hope it drops. Now I want armor with Pulse Rifle perks, but that comes from anywhere. The only solution is to get a ton of drops and hope it appears.

Monster Hunter offsets RNG by telling you specifically what to kill to get what you want. Want gear with these skills and these resists? Kill Brachy. Etc. Destiny's approach is good too, but to put in MonHun terms: It's saying you get that awesome exotic not from killing monsters, but from mining nodes. Which isn't why I play either Monster Hunter or Destiny. And why I gave up MonHun when it came to charm hunting.
You and I are potentially looking at this very differently.

The "Monster Hunter" way is equivalent to rare mat nodes, or more symmetrically the unique legendary gear that is now found in Destiny strikes. But rather than "offset RNG" (not sure how I'm meant to interpret that term, as a random chance is still a random chance :p), this just forcing you to repeat specific content rather than the content of your choice. Or, to put it another way: farming ONLY Rathian over and over and over again or farming ONLY helium nodes on the moon over and over and over again. Because there's only one option to get what you're looking for. While you may prefer the perception of agency this affords the player, I don't like that kind of thing at all. If I understand that an item like Hawkmoon can drop anywhere in the game, in effect I just stop thinking about it altogether, and while it's certainly no positive that you can't control where you get it from or when, you also aren't forced to repeat literally a single activity a wholly undefined number of times for you only chance at getting it.

All of this is to say I liked the original Exotic bounties and the quests in general are such a net positive in my opinion. I just wish this one step were concrete, like the rest, even if it meant I needed to pop open 200 extra nodes. Because right now it's "who knows?"

stb

No real reason, but you do usually have less time on the second daughter so if it's close, it's easier to just do it in 3. If you have a few ToM users, though, they die pretty fast.

There is a reason if you don't have a really good amount of DPS. If you kill daughter one on the first run, daughter 2 gets a pretty signficant health/defense (whatever) buff. Tried doing it this way over the weekend and it wasn't working. We could easily kill the first one, but the buff made getting enough DPS off in time on #2 pretty tough.

Does it matter if you don't kill #2 on the first pass, if you DO kill #1 on the first pass?

I know that if you pop the bubble of the "wrong" one (the flaming one), you do way less damage.

So today I need to try to finish my exotic sword quest and pick up my Omolon sniper. . hopefully I can one shot bodies.

Also I need a larger hard drive for my PS4. I am thinking of going fully digital now and I will even pick up CoD and Ass. Creed digitally even though they are yearly franchises.

Only reasons I can think why you shouldn't are:

1. If the team thinks DPS might be an issue
2. If anyone isn't too confident with finishing the platform jumping fast enough whilst torn between dimensions.

LTWood12

Does it matter if you don't kill #2 on the first pass, if you DO kill #1 on the first pass?

I know that if you pop the bubble of the "wrong" one (the flaming one), you do way less damage.

It seemed to in our case. We all died to the song.

ah fuck me i forgot to order armsday weapons.

So got all this new stuff done... turned my doo-hicky into the gunsmith after farming the Warsets around the galaxy. Wait... do I need to do this on all three characters? I don't think I want to do that.

Afrocious

It's a wipe if you kill the first without killing the second.

noomi

I just realized the other day that you can do the special R2 move with the sword while in the air and does a different swipe.

:eek:

Half of me agrees... i want to know more and i want my SS... while the other half of me sort of enjoy's the time gate approach so that they can control the flow of some higher end-game loot and extend some of the experience by keeping me from rushing through everything in one month.

If they can do that in a way that keeps players engaged with weekly missions and quest-lines that have good content... i'm ok with it. If it becomes... take this to gunsmith and wait till next week without much else... i'll be bummed.

The tricky part is, will all future quests have this slow trickle or are there genuine mysteries still unsolved? Given, I am not wasting a second of my time trying to figure this shit out, but I do feel a little bad for the people in the community who love this stuff and take a tremendous amount of pride being the first ones to solve it. When you get these eureka moments of, "fuck yeah! that is it, that is the answer!" only to go turn it in and have nothing happens is a bummer. Depending how Bungie goes forward with these types of quests/mysteries and their transparency behind them, we could very well end up in a "cried wolf" scenario. I am happy to see Bungie straight up tell people, "don't waste your time" with the BBall court thing. People would still be banging their heads against that. All of that said. I would love to see future exotics delivered in to the game through quests or mysteries. No matter how shitty the gating, I will always take that over shit odds RNG.

LiK

yup, the buff is pretty substantial esp with a group that can't do loads of DPS. I'm guessing if at least 2-3 people has ToM, it should be easy.

commish

my basic combo on my legendary swords is R1>R1>R1>jump>R1>R2. It's quite reliable.

You're doing it wrong.

You only equip your exotic sword and just hit R2 over and over and over whether it makes sense or not. Looks AWESOME.

Edit: I am dominating the top of page posts today!

Destiny |OT♦34| Dancing With the Stars
wtzgU.gif

Still like this one although its time may have passed as TTK has gotten older:

Destiny |OT♦34] Blues Traveler

BTW, if it happens this would be the second OT with the word "Dance" in the title as OT 24 was "Dances with Wolves"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This week the Speaker is selling the Dead Zone Revolution and Cosmic Joke cloaks. He already sold Cosmic Joke last week.

Sorry Hawkian, still no Y2 Cloud Walker Tribute. Maybe next week?
:{

That's the ONLY thing that matters. If you kill the first in one cycle, you MUST kill the second in one cycle. If you don't, you can essentially do whatever you want because if you do kill the second in one cycle, there's no way you won't kill the first one on the third cycle. If you don't kill the second in one cycle, there's no way you won't kill the second one on the fourth cycle.

I weirdly also don't think I have noticed any difference in the amount of damage done to either one? When the one that is going crazypants is going crazypants, she will bounce the relic holder way back (unlike the first who just takes the slam all nonchalant-like). That can result in a bit of a scramble to get in position. But the actual damage done felt about the same to me...

shermas

anyone:

I don't have a quest at the Gunsmith and I haven't had an FR relic drop on my Titan in weeks... anyone else having this issue? I'm pretty sure I got all 4 of them (or maybe only 3)... do I need to be rank 5 with him? I'm still at rank 4 (will be five in a few minutes).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do we have to complete the Warsats today or anytime before next week? Doing all 3 characters doesn't sound fun.

commish

Do we have to complete the Warsats today or anytime before next week? Doing all 3 characters doesn't sound fun.

As far as anyone knows, you can complete them whenever you want. Today, tomorrow, next week, next month, etc.

The tricky part is, will all future quests have this slow trickle or are there genuine mysteries still unsolved? Given, I am not wasting a second of my time trying to figure this shit out, but I do feel a little bad for the people in the community who love this stuff and take a tremendous amount of pride being the first ones to solve it. When you get these eureka moments of, "fuck yeah! that is it, that is the answer!" only to go turn it in and have nothing happens is a bummer. Depending how Bungie goes forward with these types of quests/mysteries and their transparency behind them, we could very well end up in a "cried wolf" scenario. I am happy to see Bungie straight up tell people, "don't waste your time" with the BBall court thing. People would still be banging their heads against that. All of that said. I would love to see future exotics delivered in to the game through quests or mysteries. No matter how shitty the gating, I will always take that over shit odds RNG.

Agree. Some of the stuff could be handled better but RNG can go eat a bowl of dicks. I'm excited to see what more Bungie has in store for us in terms of "exotic quests".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yup, the buff is pretty substantial esp with a group that can't do loads of DPS. I'm guessing if at least 2-3 people has ToM, it should be easy.
Crazy. I guess you have enough DPS to kill the first one easily in one cycle (with ~10 seconds to spare on the clock) the buff isn't going to be that noticeable. If you're down to the wire on the first one it's definitely not worth kiling her.

Afrocious

Hey guys

So I hear its possible to get all 3 exotic swords on one character

whats the trick for this?

1) with 1 character (your main I'm assuming), get a legendary sword and do everything you need with it to get to where you're waiting for armsday.

2) with your other two characters, get them the two other legendary swords. Pass the swords over to your main that already did the first sword stuff above in step 1.

3) Have your main finish unlocking the upgrades for the legendary swords. Then go to Shaxx and he'll give you the exotic quests to kill and collect rare materials for both swords.

4) finish those, and come armsday, you'll have three exotic swords to get.

Crazy. I guess you have enough DPS to kill the first one easily in one cycle (with ~10 seconds to spare on the clock) the buff isn't going to be that noticeable. If you're down to the wire on the first one it's definitely not worth kiling her.

The buff IS noticeable, but weapons of light + tether + ToM does all the work. It does help to have someone fast enough on the platforms as well if you're gonna 2-cycle the fight.

MrS

Banned
None at all. We did it last night. Really easy to do with ToM

Top Bottom