• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

LiK

Crazy. I guess you have enough DPS to kill the first one easily in one cycle (with ~10 seconds to spare on the clock) the buff isn't going to be that noticeable. If you're down to the wire on the first one it's definitely not worth kiling her.

I was with LT's group specifically and most were 290+. we tried killing one and then killing the other the second round but only got her to halfway before we ran outta time. pretty major buff from our experience. I'm guessing all 300+ with super strong weapons won't be a factor. I wanna try taking them all down in one round.

Does it matter if you don't kill #2 on the first pass, if you DO kill #1 on the first pass?

I know that if you pop the bubble of the "wrong" one (the flaming one), you do way less damage.

After you kill one, the other has to die the next round or you wipe.

Mupod

Is there any reason to NOT kill each Daughter ASAP? e.g.
- Drop the left bubble, kill the daughter on that pass
- Drop the right bubble, kill the daughter on that pass

I don't know either, weird when I'm in groups that could kill them twice over decide to take it slowly.

forgrim

I was with LT's group specifically and most were 290+. we tried killing one and then killing the other the second round but only got her to halfway before we ran outta time. pretty major buff from our experience. I'm guessing all 300+ with super strong weapons won't be a factor. I wanna try taking them all down in one round.
A couple touch of malices and its almost guaranteed. But other groups. ...need some good dps

noomi

I'm secretly hoping that rank 5 gunsmith is the last weapon quest.

Now time to focus on titan and warlock rank 3's

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The buff IS noticeable, but weapons of light + tether + ToM does all the work. It does help to have someone fast enough on the platforms as well if you're gonna 2-cycle the fight.
Makes sense. You can't pick who's going to be on the platforms of course, so there's a luck factor there.

Weapons of Light is the biggest factor for leeway here (and the Oryx stagger).
Ah when you say "most were 290+" you mean you had some in the group under 290? That's definitely a factor that late in the raid.

We did 2 cycles last night and our group only had 3 about 300 I believe (I was only 299 with my loadout for the fight) but all 6 were above 295.

LTWood12

Crazy. I guess you have enough DPS to kill the first one easily in one cycle (with ~10 seconds to spare on the clock) the buff isn't going to be that noticeable. If you're down to the wire on the first one it's definitely not worth kiling her.

The specific reason we tried to do it this way a couple of times is because of the randomness of who is chosen for the brand. We didn't like being at the mercy of who was chosen, because that always seemed to be our problem w/ dying. I'd get chosen and miss a jump, etc. We wanted to only have to deal w/ the jumping two times, so we thought going for it in 2 shots was the way to go.

Part of the problem was probably the speed at which we were able to start the DPS, but if I recall Colonel made it down w/ the brand in plenty of time and we thought it was a sure thing. Hell me, T, and Rob were all 300+ and spraying ToM into her head. We realized fairly quick we weren't going to get it done. Seriously felt like we were doing something like half the amount of damage.

We had WoL active btw. I could be wrong, but I think the lowest light of all of us was maybe like 297/298? Me, T, Rob, & Colonel were all over 300 I think. Lik may have been too.

PuMa

Makes sense. You can't pick who's going to be on the platforms of course, so there's a luck factor there.

Ah when you say "most were 290+" you mean you had some in the group under 290? That's definitely a factor that late in the raid.

We did 2 cycles last night and our group only had 3 about 300 I believe (I was only 299 with my loadout for the fight) but all 6 were above 295.

Was anyone else below 300 even? We took them both down super quick.

LiK

Makes sense. You cant pick who's going to be on the platforms of course, so there's a luck factor there.

The specific reason we tried to do it this way a couple of times is because of the randomness of who is chosen for the brand. We didn't like being at the mercy of who was chosen, because that always seemed to be our problem w/ dying. I'd get chosen and miss a jump, etc. We wanted to only have to deal w/ the jumping two times, so we thought going for it in 2 shots was the way to go.

Part of the problem was probably the speed at which we were able to start the DPS, but if I recall Colonel made it down w/ the brand in plenty of time and we thought it was a sure thing. Hell me, T, and Rob were all 300+ and spraying ToM into her head. We realized fairly quick we weren't going to get it done. Seriously felt like we were doing something like half the amount of damage.

We had WoL active btw. I could be wrong, but I think the lowest light of all of us was maybe like 297/298? Me, T, Rob, & Colonel were all over 300 I think. Lik may have been too.

yea, runner time was a factor too. I was 300

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

We had WoL active btw.
Man you're saying you had 3 people over 300 using ToM and didn't get her past halfway? I wonder how many my group had last night. I was popping her with Spindle which certainly felt pretty good.

PuMa

Man you're saying you had 3 people over 300 using ToM and didn't get her past halfway? I wonder how many my group had last night. I was popping her with Spindle which certainly felt pretty good.

I was using Spindle as well, but I think we had at least 2 ToM's.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Quoting for this being the realest post.

I'm debating if I'm gonna be playing Battlefront with GAF or not lol
Im mostly going to be playing on PC (downloading it right now) but i wanna get a few ImperialGAF games, so i need to download it on PS4 tomorrow as well.
Fuck Germany, I can't watch it >_> >_> >_> >_> >_>
Ja das ist schnitzel block jajajaja.
Mitch-Cam-modern-family-17476359-500-213.gif

Axoman

So I haven't been focusing on the first step of the Chaperone quest that has you get kills with last word equipped, just been doing it every now and then in a crucible match that I feel I can make progress. I have gotten to 60% this way.

Last night, I do the daily rumble, win the match and lose 8% of my progress. I know that kill streaks really give you a lot of points, but I had two 5 kill streaks during the match. Below is the match summary, I'm really surprised I lost 8%.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Was anyone else below 300 even? We took them both down super quick.
I was using Spindle as well, but I think we had at least 2 ToM's.
Now that I think about it I may have been 301 for that fight too and switched to 299 for Oryx. I'm sure having everyone there at 300 i(if we did) s a big distinction since the sisters are 300 themselves.

LTWood12

No. I'm saying it felt like were were doing half the damage. We beat the shit out of the first w/ time to spare. Felt like we'd have to do double the amount we did to #1 to kill her. We got #2 down to probably 10%.

It's very possible that one or more people were dead on these second rounds. I'm just not totally sure. I know I was holding down the trigger on her head and the health bar was going down way slower.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No. I'm saying it felt like were were doing half the damage. We beat the shit out of the first w/ time to spare. Felt like we'd have to do double the amount we did to #1 to kill her. We got #2 down to probably 10%.
Oooh. Okay. Yeah, that tiny of a difference could be anything.

Don't think I managed to say happy birthday yet! Happy Birthday!

DNAbro

It really is! after I shared this pic below yesterday I unlocked counterbalance. Bottom of the second column is braced frame, which significantly ups the range at the cost to stability, but it's not a terrible trade-off. Gun still feels really good. W/ hand-laid stock chosen it feels like a freaking laser. I need to infuse it up past 300, but I'm loving it for fighting bigger groups of ads.

KjXIyixl.png

My favorite gun. Got a pretty good roll on it day 1 of TTK from DO package and have been using it ever since.

Hunters with swords is literally DMC with two jump cancels you can do at will. I love it.

I'm going to experiment with blinking swords. If all goes well, I'll be able to replicate Vergil in Destiny. You can almost do it when fighting the shield bros. When that one with the gun jumps up and you slash at him at the right time, you'll literally teleport to him mid sword combo and it's glorious

So that's a timing thing. I've had that happen quite a few times and I've never been able to figure out how I jumped up at him with my hunter. I couldn't do it even once with my warlock, so I thought it was just a hunter-exclusive move or a glitch. Hmmm. I guess, I'll have to run the strike this weekend and get the timing down.

LTWood12

Oooh. Okay. Yeah, that tiny of a difference could be anything.

Don't think I managed to say happy birthday yet! Happy Birthday!

Thanks buddy. How'd the raid go last night? May try and get a run together tonight after me and the Mrs. do bday hangout.

noomi

:eek: link in video dont work?

Hmm, I posted from my desktop, are you on mobile by chance? Works for me here

Need a DGAF dynamic theme.

SOMEONE GET ON THIS!

I bought the gold one(There's 3 on the PSN store), It's pretty awesome. Still getting used to some of the different icons though.

Wut. I didn't even know that existed.

Whoa, that's nice! How is it obtained?

Just bought the dark theme 'cause it's so damn sexy! It costs $1.99

Here is the official thread with more details on how to obtain:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1119652

Pro tip, you can hop into the ps store website, purchase it on your pc and it will auto-download to your system ;)

Cruxist

So... Smart Loot, huh?

Look, I know it's not perfect. I know we're supposed to inch up to 310. But on my first Oryx run, I got the Titan mark at 303. "Hey, not bad!" I thought.

Ran it again last night, had my 20 mouldering shards ready. What do I get? Not one, but TWO titan marks. One at 303 that's identical to the one I'm wearing and one at 305.

Maybe the loot could be just a tad smarter? Even if its just preventing me from getting the same light level on the same piece of gear. I'll take the slow burn to 310! I don't mind! But not the same stupid thing.

Top Bottom