• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

LiK

I was kicked from the other group for having no mic, I guess. I assume it's a requirement for coordination, so you're better off taking someone else.

for KF? yea, people really need that especially if they play with nonregulars.

Bradach

And even after the raid I'm still at 299 :( so close. Got really unlucky with the drops.

But hey, killed Oryx so that's great.

I know the feeling. i'm 299.6 at the moment. Still have to kill the sisters and orxy yet though so I'm hopeful.

I have 3 exotic engrams just sitting there waiting for me to hit 300!

NastyBook

Weird. I love the DS4. I can't stand offset sticks. But hey, that's what I grew up with...
Same. Tried playing with the XB1 controller at a demo station at a GS the night of the TTK launch, I almost had to dislocate my pointer fingers just to reach the L1/R1 buttons.

No, thank you.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Aye, but it's no biggie. I understand why.
I'm heading to bed soon, but thanks for the offer! :)

Pretty lame because you definitely don't need a mic. Anyway, always up for helping you out so holler if you see me on.

I was kicked from the other group for having no mic, I guess. I assume it's a requirement for coordination, so you're better off taking someone else.

A mic is a must because you need to coordinate, especially when people with multiple element sword bounties are in. If all of you need same element then maybe you can play without one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well you want to buy the legendary ghosts for glimmer farming different enemies purposes and for their decrypt engrams gives you planetary mats perks.
Ahhh yeah I won't be doing that :p I have plenty of ways to get glimmer noawadays and have other stuff I'd rather spend marks on at the moment :p
I had blue ghosts with every possible planetary mat finder just by playing the game normally. Didn't buy any of those.

And I personally think it's much easier to see the big grey square on your screen than the little triangle thingy on your hunter radar when zooming around on my sparrow at top speed looking for the next mat.
Okay, thanks a bunch for that... I definitely might have the perk on a blue ghost, didn't even think about it.

kiguel182

Lol, I'm terrible at platforming too. I have a fear of heights, and crazily enough it's like I get anxiety on jumps as if it's real life sometimes. Silly I know. At my job I deal with heights all the time, but I deal well in spite of my fear. But ask me to jump platforms during the raid and I fall apart lol.

I'm just way too clumsy and awful and controlling it.

I was the last one to clear it in this run and it was the worst ahah.

Hopefully every group will be patient with me. I fucked up way less in the other parts of the raid, those were way better.

MechDX

Same. Tried playing with the XB1 controller at a demo station at a GS the night of the TTK launch, I almost had to dislocate my pointer fingers just to reach the L1/R1 buttons.

No, thank you.

hqdefault.jpg

Is this you? I prefer the One controller because of the offset analog sticks but to say your fingers cant reach the bumpers on either controller just seems odd

No, thank you.

LMAO!

That reminds me, I wonder if Jason Pierre Paul plays video games. That would SUCK.

Video Gamers, please don't ever light fireworks!!!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A mic is a must because you need to coordinate, especially when people with multiple element sword bounties are in. If all of you need same element then maybe you can play without one.

You definitely don't need a mic as long as one person has a mic. The only thing anyone needs to ever say is "okay, the boss is low enough, now kill everything." That's about it. There's no other coordination required.

Frostburn

Well, this was fun. Great group and the raid went well apart from all the platforming parts. Great stuff really.

Also, I really want to do this raid more but the thought of failing miserably at the platforming will haunt me for a while.

Let's just say that every raid group I'll be in will have to be very patient when it comes to the jumping parts. I will warn everyone ahead of time!

You did a great job for your first time, you asked the right questions and communicated well and that's all anyone can ask for. Now you know the fights, the jumping will come with practice. Thanks for joining us!

Also thank you to MrCriminal, nice having along such good help! Been a busy week for me so far so I was a bit tired going into the raid today but you helped a ton!

Still fucked up IMO. But that's just me

That's also me. I got kicked out of groups for so many things, such as Light Level, Not having a mic (when I did have one but i was charging it), not being able to join party chat on XBL because XBL does that, sometimes, and my favorite, my destiny trials stats. Some people are just cruel and IMO, need to be on their own community. These aren't dgaf. I'm pretty sure all were from lfg. That community is so much fail. Not all, I hate generalizing. But the majority of groups I've tried to play with.

Is 295 high enough for the raid? If so i'd love to do one if anyone is interested.

It's more than high enough. Honestly it's about the guns. High impact sniper like 1000 yard stare and you're good. I did the entire raid in the 280s last night. I started off 280 and made my way up as I found raid gear and was perfectly fine! I've done the raid a few times though.

LiK

Awesome. Do groups form around here pretty often? I'm not in a clan so don't know how I can get 5 other people.

groups form here all the time. you don't need a clan because the function is useless. keep checking the thread for requests to do raids. pretty easy to join. MOST people here don't mind newbies.

Klyka

Banned
Is 295 high enough for the raid? If so i'd love to do one if anyone is interested.

I would rather delete my characters than play with someone of THAT light level!

295 is absolutely perfect and you can very easily do every encounter in the raid with it. Enjoy yourself!

k1t4j

LOL? I did that with randoms with 3 different sword, the only communication we did was before we jumped into the pit we took out our swords so everyone had a good look what we were there for.

it was funny because we thought about the same thing before the boss :p

Deku Tree

Ahhh yeah I won't be doing that :p I have plenty of ways to get glimmer noawadays and have other stuff I'd rather spend marks on at the moment :p

Okay, thanks a bunch for that... I definitely might have the perk on a blue ghost, didn't even think about it.

I have so many ascendant shards in my vault that I've got glimmer out of my ears until probably Destiny 2 comes out without any farming at all.

But I've also got almost nothing left that I want to buy in the tower. So I bought the ghosts and I kinda like having them.

I'm thinking about spending all my future marks on that legendary heavy engram when it's around to pray for a 310 Truth or a 320 TL... I guess I could buy some armor with ideal perks/stats and infuse it but IDK... Don't really worry about it that much.

You definitely don't need a mic as long as one person has a mic. The only thing anyone needs to ever say is "okay, the boss is low enough, now kill everything." That's about it. There's no other coordination required.

That is fine if you need to kill everything besides boss and one knight, but if you need to keep 2 or more knights alive it helps immensely if everyone has a mic.

Top Bottom