• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

We don't know the future cadence, but I'm loving this slow drip of events and hidden missions that people are discovering, and I hope it continues. I wasn't able to do the Black thingy either time it came around, but it's fun not knowing what each new day brings or when new stuff will be found. Personally I'll gladly trade the fun/excitement of seeing this stuff unfold over the convenience of knowing when to be around.

I dont know. I have mixed feelings on it. I love the idea of secret missions and special events, but having to be ready to spring into action on a moments notice is a pain. I only have 1 day a week to reasonably complete significant amounts of content and everything outside of that is pure luck.

I have yet to try Spindle on two attempts. I got "lucky" today in that I got a rare couple hours that I normally dont have. It is frustrating to see these things pass you by and read all the excitement on the forum when you are stuck or work or doing other life stuff.

Shito

It seems likely that the trigger is just Armsday since Gunbot makes reference to talking to the foundries about it, something that all the other Armsday related quest waits mention. So as long as you are around in a weeks time it should be fine.
Yeah, I'm hoping it's something like this.
Anyways, even though I understand people saying it's a bit "harsh" to limit such events to just one day, I must admit Bungie has been really good at making me continue to play Destiny A LOT.
I wanted to take a day off today, lacking sleep and all, and here I am at 1:30am wraping up a few bounties after having spent some 4+ hours on the game tonight. We are living some exciting times in Destiny right now. ^^

In other news, I'm 2 for 2 on exotic engrams decrypting to 310... <3

someday

Banned
Ok, I think I really screwed up the last sword quest. I have already completed the solar exotic on my titan. I got the void and arc legendaries on my other two characters. I started the exotic quest on my warlock with the void one then moved the arc sword over to the warlock in hopes that I could only have to do the 25 crucible kills once more. I leveled both swords to over 280 (with the Warlock) then received the exotic quest but only for the void sword. I even did the crucible kills and turned that in to Shaxx holding both swords but he will not give me an exotic quest for the arc sword. Unfortunately, I am not getting an exotic quest on my hunter either.

So, is there any way to get the exotic arc sword other than deleting my hunter and starting all over?
I didn't want it to get lost on the bottom of the last page.

Me and my friend are trying to start a raid in about 15 minutes. We'd prefer experienced players, not because we're assholes, but because we don't have a ton of time.
1.xx_BATMANx
2. Spongenugget

Join up!

3 headshots in a single life? Welp.... 7 times?! WELP.

I didn't think I'd ever get Thorn. And I did.
I didn't think I'd ever get The Chaperone. And I did.

But this.... this seems like it's finally too much.

7x 5 kill spree + 7x 3 headshots in life, doesn't sound that bad tbh and I say this as very mediocre PvP player :b Especially if there isn't some lame weapon restriction like "Hand Cannon only". If limited to HC's then shit gets tricky thanks to current state of HC's in PvP.

Classic free for all is your friend. You'll find pve players boosting sword and ability kills.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's something like this.
Anyways, even though I understand people saying it's a bit "harsh" to limit such events to just one day, I must admit Bungie has been really good at making me continue to play Destiny A LOT.
I wanted to take a day off today, lacking sleep and all, and here I am at 1:30am wraping up a few bounties after having spent some 4+ hours on the game tonight. We are living some exciting times in Destiny right now. ^^

Yeah, I think if people are struggling for time, they just need to complete the two missions to make sure they have the Fusion Core. I doubt Bungie would remove the quest item once you have it, they will just turn of the First Firewall mission and the ability to obtain it until hopefully next week.

Tovarisc

Classic free for all is your friend. You'll find pve players boosting sword and ability kills.

I hope that free cannon fodder is still around next week when I get access to PvP portion. Why game couldn't bug out for me and give all that juicy extra Gunsmith rep that some magically got, giving them Rank 5 last week :(

Then I stand corrected on your MMO experience. I'm not sure how crafting, fishing, and an AH make the core gameplay goals different. And I'm still at a loss as to how you feel the gameplay goals in Destiny are more similar to Diablo. I thought that misconception was laid to rest when Bungie fixed the loot cave and stated that wasn't the intended way to gear up.

And Questing. Exploring. You can fish to help out your crafting. You can play the Auction house. You can craft to help out your guild. In Destiny? You shoot things so you can shoot other things. There is no other aspects. You play Destiny to shoot, loot, and PVP here and there(Which leads to more loot), you don't necessarily play WoW to Raid. If Destiny wasn't a loot game, then the Crucible wouldn't provide loot, just the fun of shooting other people.

Which is a big difference than being blasted by the playerbase for it constantly. For over a year.

People weren't constantly blasting the story. However when TDB came out, people criticized it. It got a bit better in HoW. TKK it's alot better.

I'm not sure how a grouping varied across weapon types and weapon tiers equates to "edge cases." At this point it feels like you're disagreeing simply to disagree. VoC and Fatebringer's strengths were due to multiple factors, including being Elemental Primaries. Suros itself wasn't changed, the entire weapon class was. Ice Breaker was still extremely strong and useful throughout the entire first year.

They're edge cases. And again, you're failing to realize what happened in that year. The TDB primary weapons, for the most part weren't worth writing home about. But when HoW came up and you could strengthen old weapons, the edge cases, VoC, Fatebringer came back not because those 'multiple factors', but because they were hands down the strongest weapons of their class. Suros was considered a joke after the assault rifle change. Ice Breaker is an exotic(Which you could level up) so it's not really comparable to Fatebringer or VoC. (Again, Exotics you could 'level up' thanks to the Shard system and eventually the Ascension system, so they didn't get phased out).

Weapons being made entirely useless by the next expansion has only happened once in Destiny and that's with the release of TTK. However that also involved an entire reworking of a lot of the core systems in the game. Weapons balance and Light Levels were redone entirely. But the basic tenant of gearing up for the next section remains. You can still gear up by running Vanguard Strikes then Heroic Vanguard Strikes or CoO and then the Raid. And people who are 310 light will be better prepared for the Heroic King's Fall Raid. That gear will leave them better prepared for the next content, etc.. etc..

And exotics will likely still continue to be usable until the next major release. I dunno what you're arguing anymore. But Destiny is primarily a loot game. If you want to get back to the original argument.

I didn't want it to get lost on the bottom of the last page.

I think that you have to level up the sword AFTER you finish the pvp part to get another quest to pop up on the same character. It might be glitched for you.

I recommend you give that sword back to your hunter, complete the mission on dreadnaught with warlock, and once you are at the collect resources + ability kills part, give the sword back to warlock and see if the quest procs.

Tovarisc

I wonder how I never made connection that Warsats are literally War Satellites [WarSat], antimatter powered ray weapons developed during Golden Age and given to Warminds to control. Made connection only after some Y2 grimoire that talks about them. I wonder if Rasputin used Warsats to nuke Traveler.

FyreWulff

Like, it'd be cool if they just warned you that something may happen, to keep an eye out. Not spoil the whole thing but just come out and say 'Hey you might wanna turn on Destiny today!'. Keep that mystery without spoiling the surprise, but also giving a heads up. If this was a weeklong event, without a warning I'd be fine with it, because atleast you have some time. Springing it up on you and saying you only have one day to do it? Ehhh screw that noise.

five months from now people are going to be "fuck it's the firewall mission again".

I really don't see the issue with time-sensitive stuff as long as they're not forever one-offs.

someday

Banned
I think that you have to level up the sword AFTER you finish the pvp part to get another quest to pop up on the same character. It might be glitched for you.

I recommend you give that sword back to your hunter, complete the mission on dreadnaught with warlock, and once you are at the collect resources + ability kills part, give the sword back to warlock and see if the quest procs.
Ah, that makes sense. Wow I can't believe I messed up like that. Thanks so much and I'll try your recommendation. Worst case scenario is I get to use that quick level 25 thing that I put away thinking I'd never need it.

Zocano

I wonder how I never made connection that Warsats are literally War Satellites [WarSat], antimatter powered ray weapons developed during Golden Age and given to Warminds to control. Made connection only after some Y2 grimoire that talks about them. I wonder if Rasputin used Warsats to nuke Traveler.

Rasputin attacked from below not above.

IIRC, the weapons were "knives"

The WarSats attack with knives?

Edit-Top of page!?
Cw8vncP.png

Tovarisc

Well Rasputin did control all Earth's defense systems and we have no way of knowing what toys he had access to during Golden Age and towards end of Collapse. WarSats are maybe most well preserved Golden Age tech that he has control over and has unimaginable destruction power. Death rays powered by antimatter, that shit should do some serious damage.

Grimoire implying that Rasputin may have nuked Traveler, hard;
This is a SUBTLE ASSETS IMPERATIVE (NO HUMAN REVIEW) (NO AI-COM REVIEW) (secure/ABHOR).

Stand by for CRITERIA:

Under CARRHAE (WHITE or BLACK)
If SECURITY STATE is EGYPTIAN
If event rank is TEILHARD: TRAUMATIC CONTEXT or SKYSHOCK: OUTSIDE CONTEXT
If VOLUSPA is ACTIVE and in FAILURE [[synapse to FENRIR::SURTR]]
If YUGA is ACTIVE and in SUNDOWN
If AI-COM has granted PERMISSIVE POTENTIATION to outboard resilient instances
If a CIVILIZATION KILL EVENT is underway [[all flexions]]
If tactical morality is built at MIDNIGHT

Stand by for DECISION POINT:

If available ISR and WARWATCH indicates imminent [O] departure
>then [O] departure compromises human/neohuman survival and epoch strategy

Stand by for ABHORRENT IMPERATIVE:

Activate LOKI CROWN
Perform deniable authorization: full caedometric and noetic release
Prevent [O] departure by any means available

Stand by for effect assessment criteria:

Coerce pseudoaltruistic [O] defensive action.
Defer civilization kill.

STOP STOP STOP V101NTS923ATS001
http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/ghost-fragment-rasputin-5#rasputin

Top Bottom