• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Zocano

Well Rasputin did control all Earth's defense systems and we have no way of knowing what toys he had access to during Golden Age and towards end of Collapse. WarSats are maybe most well preserved Golden Age tech that he has control over and has unimaginable destruction power. Death rays powered by antimatter, that shit should do some serious damage.

Grimoire implying that Rasputin may have nuked Traveler, hard;

http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/ghost-fragment-rasputin-5#rasputin

I keep losing or being unable to find the grimoire card regarding using knives.

Ghost Fragment: Mysteries

"I fought IT with aurora knives and with the stolen un-fire of singularities made sharp and my sweat was earthquake and my breath was static but IT was stronger so how did I survive?"

I can't recall which one it was exactly but I remember reading it as well. I really wish Bungie would actually make the story missions as cool as all the lore from the grimoire. They are still failing at that imo.

Destiny |OT♦34| Become Legen...wait for it....

Well Played good Sir!

And Questing. Exploring. You can fish to help out your crafting. You can play the Auction house. You can craft to help out your guild. In Destiny? You shoot things so you can shoot other things. There is no other aspects. You play Destiny to shoot, loot, and PVP here and there(Which leads to more loot), you don't necessarily play WoW to Raid. If Destiny wasn't a loot game, then the Crucible wouldn't provide loot, just the fun of shooting other people.

There's Questing and Exploring in Destiny as well, though obviously the scope is smaller. The AH has led to lots of difficulties in WoW and supposedly it was Blizzards advice that led to Destiny not having an AH (pre-launch they discussed it as a possibility). I believe Blizz removed or altered the AH in Diablo right?

PvP in WoW also leads to loot. That's what Rateds are all about. They even extended Rateds to BG's specifically because Arena vets were rolling BG players with their higher level gear. And PvP gear was added to WoW because before that, PvE raiders were rolling PvP players. So.. Destiny learned quite a bit from WoW. In fact, a good deal of the stuff that you've mentioned was added to WoW years after launch.

People weren't constantly blasting the story. However when TDB came out, people criticized it. It got a bit better in HoW. TKK it's alot better.

I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain how much Destiny's story was still getting blasted leading into TTK.

They're edge cases. And again, you're failing to realize what happened in that year. The TDB primary weapons, for the most part weren't worth writing home about. But when HoW came up and you could strengthen old weapons, the edge cases, VoC, Fatebringer came back not because those 'multiple factors', but because they were hands down the strongest weapons of their class. Suros was considered a joke after the assault rifle change. Ice Breaker is an exotic(Which you could level up) so it's not really comparable to Fatebringer or VoC. (Again, Exotics you could 'level up' thanks to the Shard system and eventually the Ascension system, so they didn't get phased out).

All you're telling me is that Bungie went out of the way to make sure that older gear was still viable in the newer content. Which is exactly what I'm saying happened.

And exotics will likely still continue to be usable until the next major release. I dunno what you're arguing anymore. But Destiny is primarily a loot game. If you want to get back to the original argument.

Gear up to do better in the next content rather than gearing up for the sake of gearing up. Levels get higher. Content gets harder. Gear up to to beat it. Beating it gears you up for the next higher, harder content. Etc.. throughout each piece of new content. That's a WoW style loot system. Not a Diablo style loot system.

Zocano

I can't recall which one it was exactly but I remember reading it as well. I really wish Bungie would actually make the story missions as cool as all the lore from the grimoire. They are still failing at that imo.

The game world is currently too static to accommodate very scripted and unique sequences that give scope and scale to a lot of events.

The game world is currently too static to accommodate very scripted and unique sequences that give scope and scale to a lot of events.

I feel like with all the content and places they could easily shoehorn a better story than what we have now into the game.

LiK

Lol, Year 2 (310 ) TLW from purple engram from Rahool package. 3 for 3 exotics with each rank up. I'm liking this.

GhaleonEB

Like, it'd be cool if they just warned you that something may happen, to keep an eye out. Not spoil the whole thing but just come out and say 'Hey you might wanna turn on Destiny today!'. Keep that mystery without spoiling the surprise, but also giving a heads up. If this was a weeklong event, without a warning I'd be fine with it, because atleast you have some time. Springing it up on you and saying you only have one day to do it? Ehhh screw that noise.

Eh, I'm all for it. So far this week we've had two events come up (did the Black thingy happen again as well?). We'll see what the weekend holds. And as I said, we don't know what the future timing will be.

Would it be a bummer to miss out on something because you didn't know in advance? Sure. Will it come back? Of course. Do we know how often? No, not yet.

Personally, I'm loving this, if for nothing but the total change of pace from Destiny to date. I used to wake up wondering what the daily mission was. Now I wonder what cool as fuck secrets and missions will get found, tied to new gear. I'm like, yes more of this please. Schedule Iron Banner and Trials. Surprise me with a cool secret mission now and then.

Well Played good Sir!
There's Questing and Exploring in Destiny as well, though obviously the scope is smaller. The AH has led to lots of difficulties in WoW and supposedly it was Blizzards advice that led to Destiny not having an AH (pre-launch they discussed it as a possibility). I believe Blizz removed or altered the AH in Diablo right?

It's a much, much, much smaller things to do. Blizz probably told them for no AH after the disaster of Diablo, and that was a loot driven game. There aren't enough things to trade in Destiny aside from maybe planet/gear materials, everything else you can easily access otherwise.

PvP in WoW also leads to loot. That's what Rateds are all about. They even extended Rateds to BG's specifically because Arena vets were rolling BG players with their higher level gear. And PvP gear was added to WoW because before that, PvE raiders were rolling PvP players. So.. Destiny learned quite a bit from WoW. In fact, a good deal of the stuff that you've mentioned was added to WoW years after launch.

Actually the ratings in WoW PvP are just that, about the ratings, Yes, you can get the best gear by having a huge rating, but getting the high ratings is a doable goal. There are no ratings in Destiny PvP.

I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain how much Destiny's story was still getting blasted leading into TTK.

Yes but it wasn't constantly being blasted ad infinitum. People were hoping that the TTK story was better, sure.

All you're telling me is that Bungie went out of the way to make sure that older gear was still viable in the newer content. Which is exactly what I'm saying happened.

No, you were saying that the reason you got gear NOW was for the new content LATER when that wasn't the case until HoW. You don't get the Touch of Malice for the next expansion, you get it because it makes the last 2 encounters you do NOW much easier. You get the armor that gives buffs to reload in auras NOW because all the fights have an 'aura' state. So you're wrong on saying that you get geared up right now for the next expansion, especially since the raid-specific perks on said ToM/armor will probably be useful for only Kings Fall(Unless they decide to keep the whole area of affect aura encounters going on in future raids).

Gear up to do better in the next content rather than gearing up for the sake of gearing up. Levels get higher. Content gets harder. Gear up to to beat it. Beating it gears you up for the next higher, harder content. Etc.. throughout each piece of new content. That's a WoW style loot system. Not a Diablo style loot system.

You gear up for the sake of doing better in current content and as a goal, not for the next unknown content. And it's a Diablo Style loot system, seeing as how you get gear in Diablo to not only do better in harder content, but to change up your build/be prepared for different encounters.

So we're in agreement that it's a loot game, yes? Alright then, let's be done with this stupid argument that sprung from your unwillingness to agree that it's a loot driven game.

Number45

Ugh, wasted some of my dailies before realising marks are capped at 200! :'(

Used my surplus of armour materials to boost my DO rep to rank 3 and get Hung Jury... and I have nothing to infuse it with! >_<

I also have the firewall quest. Is making it to the top of the tower in the follow up tough?

BahamutPT

Eh, I'm all for it. So far this week we've had two events come up (did the Black thingy happen again as well?). We'll see what the weekend holds. And as I said, we don't know what the future timing will be.

Would it be a bummer to miss out on something because you didn't know in advance? Sure. Will it come back? Of course. Do we know how often? No, not yet.

Personally, I'm loving this, if for nothing but the total change of pace from Destiny to date. I used to wake up wondering what the daily mission was. Now I wonder what cool as fuck secrets and missions will get found, tied to new gear. I'm like, yes more of this please. Schedule Iron Banner and Trials. Surprise me with a cool secret mission now and then.

I hope they get the Live Team hiding new weapons in future "small" patches and then just randomly flip the switches whenever they feel like.
Quests are probably harder to include and hide, but should be doable too if they simply reuse some stuff and don't introduce many new elements (to keep the patch size down, so it doesn't - at least immediately - draw the attention of dataminers).

Tovarisc

I'm sad Oryx doesn't talk during the raid

He should have been like Lich King was in WotLK, making appearances throughout of the expansion and talking to the player. Taunting you, menacing you, talking about his views and motivations etc. All the history they gave to Oryx and basically none of it is used in game itself.

He should have been like Lich King was in WotLK, making appearances throughout of the expansion and talking to the player. Taunting you, menacing you, talking about his views and motivations etc. All the history they gave to Oryx and basically none of it is used in game itself.

It wasnt explained why Oryx killed himself to runaway and later on how he appears
gigantic
on the raid with another body since he killed his body to Taken himself

Ok so I'm pretty confused. I'm just getting back into destiny and I'm feeling a bit bummed out because I don't know what everything means..

Starting with Gunsmith and "Armsday".

I got to the Gunsmith to see what he has and all I'm able to get are some crappy attack level 200 guns. Is their something wrong or am I doing something wrong? Why can't I participate in this Armsday

FStop7

Banned
That could be really cool or it could be really corny.

Yeah, I love the implementation of Oryx in the final boss fight. Compare it to Illidan Stormrage in WoW - looks incredible in concept but comes off like a corny Saturday morning cartoon character in the game itself. That's exactly what I don't want from Destiny and so far Bungie's done very well.

shem935

Banned
Ok so I'm pretty confused. I'm just getting back into destiny and I'm feeling a bit bummed out because I don't know what everything means..

Starting with Gunsmith and "Armsday".

I got to the Gunsmith to see what he has and all I'm able to get are some crappy attack level 200 guns. Is their something wrong or am I doing something wrong? Why can't I participate in this Armsday

Completing the tasks described with each gun will net you rep with the gunsmith. Reach rank 1 and you can select a weapon to be delivered on armsday. Higher the rank level with the gunsmith the more packages you can select with a max of 3 at rank 3.

Top Bottom