• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Anyone able to help me kill my last two Taken Champs for the Taken War: Earth quest. Would really like to get the 1000-yard stare reward. PSN: Lowkeyedup

Completing the tasks described with each gun will net you rep with the gunsmith. Reach rank 1 and you can select a weapon to be delivered on armsday. Higher the rank level with the gunsmith the more packages you can select with a max of 3 at rank 3.

Thank you so much for this information. I will go ahead and do that.

So what's the go to RL in this DLC? Not counting any previous weapons from other DLCs.

Got this. Vacuum is eh, but everything else is cool.
12094964_447633032110122_14157491411812898_o.jpg

So what's the go to RL in this DLC? Not counting any previous weapons from other DLCs.

Got this. Vacuum is eh, but everything else is cool.
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12094964_447633032110122_14157491411812[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][IMG]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/destinypedia/images/3/3a/The_Hothead.png/revision/latest?cb=20150925203155
Hothead, obsviously. Just look at it. It's beautiful.

maomaoIYP

For ranking up all three of my characters, Banshee-44 gave me a mid damage suros pulse, a high damage Hakke pulse (instant shard lol) and a mid damage Hakke AR.
The suros pulse is pretty damn good, I think I have my weapon for trials.

So what's the go to RL in this DLC? Not counting any previous weapons from other DLCs
The Vertigo from the FWC vendor has a close to perfect roll for crucible, although you only get 2 rockets. The best RL I have for PvP is a year 2 Truth, tracking, prox detonate, and a hidden tripod perk. Also gives 4 rockets with increased RL ammo.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just use a generic blue rocket launcher most times. Pretty rare that I use one though. Swords are too good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Starting up the First Firewall mission. you can feel free to join on me, no mic for the moment but if we start to struggle I can get it from the other room.

public fireteam, Hawkian on PSN

Tovarisc

It wasnt explained why Oryx killed himself to runaway and later on how he appears
gigantic
on the raid with another body since he killed his body to Taken himself

Yet it's more or less fully explained in grimoire cards. When Oryx dies during Regicide mission basically his "mortal" body that exists in our dimension dies and allows him to escape into his Throneworld / -dimension. If left alone he would have regained his power etc. while in Throneworld and eventually he would have returned to our dimension.

I think he killed himself, his mortal body. as he was losing battle against Guardian and hoped he could escape to regain his power.

We don't leave him alone, but instead we follow Oryx into his Throneworld. When killed in his or hers Throneworld death is permanent, meaning Oryx is gone for good and will never come back. Apparently we didn't kill Crota in his Throneworld as his soul was still around for Deathsingers to harvest, also Crotas sisters are still alive as they were in Oryx's Throneworld and not their own.

Note: "Throneworld" may be wrong word to use about dimension world that some Hive create, but can't remember right one :(

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I wanna try this again tonight if i'm lucky. Working till about 12 west coast time. PSN - would like to get through as much of the raid as I can (at least past Golgo) as I need TWO freakin fragments to get the exotic scout.

OR - if there are some benevolent guardians here on GAF... if someone had a checkpoint at either right after Golgo, the force field door next to the first secret chest or the wall jumping puzzle... i would ADORE the chance to just jump in and grab the fragments. PMs welcome.. help me out GAF !! :(

edit: As a note - if anyone has a checkpoint they can help me out with (ie - we won't have to fight much of anything ) i have my Vita at work and I can logon and get it done in just a little bit instead of waiting till tonight.

Laughlin

Completing the tasks described with each gun will net you rep with the gunsmith. Reach rank 1 and you can select a weapon to be delivered on armsday. Higher the rank level with the gunsmith the more packages you can select with a max of 3 at rank 3.

Does he eventually have decent weapons at rank 3?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yet it's more or less fully explained in grimoire cards. When Oryx dies during Regicide mission basically his "mortal" body that exists in our dimension dies and allows him to escape into his Throneworld / -dimension. If left alone he would have regained his power etc. while in Throneworld and eventually he would have returned to our dimension.

I think he killed himself, his mortal body. as he was losing battle against Guardian and hoped he could escape to regain his power.

We don't leave him alone, but instead we follow Oryx into his Throneworld. When killed in his or hers Throneworld death is permanent, meaning Oryx is gone for good and will never come back. Apparently we didn't kill Crota in his Throneworld as his soul was still around for Deathsingers to harvest, also Crotas sisters are still alive as they were in Oryx's Throneworld and not their own.

Note: "Throneworld" may be wrong word to use about dimension world that some Hive create, but can't remember right one :(

It's really cool and good that all that is in the grimoire and most of us are just left wondering wtf happened to Oryx after Regicide and why is he alive in King's Fall oh well who cares LOOT

exYle

Been busy all day and trying to catch up with the sleeper info now.

So what do I have to do before bed tonight???

1) Mission on Earth
2) Enter four passcodes, look for them on reddit
3) Another mission on earth
4, 5, 6, 7, 8) [any order] Do a warsat on Earth. Do a warsat on Moon. Do a warsat on Mars. Dismantle a legendary or above heavy. Do the Ishtar Collective mission.
9) Wait for Bungie to give us next stage

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Nope, that's right.

Also, we did kill Crota in his Throneworld- that's why his soul was in a "coffin". It could still be harvested but ain't no more Crota coming back.

Why no Oryx soul hanging around? Well, it may be- but in the Books there's also a bit about how his Throneworld is simultaneously inside the Dreadnaught and outside of our dimension altogether. I like to think that the effect when Oryx is cruising toward Saturn- where he seems to be sort of coated with something or turning to stone- is his body passing out of his Throneworld back into actual space, headed toward actual Saturn.

SeanR1221

1) Mission on Earth
2) Enter four passcodes, look for them on reddit
3) Another mission on earth
4, 5, 6, 7, 8) [any order] Do a warsat on Earth. Do a warsat on Moon. Do a warsat on Mars. Dismantle a legendary or above heavy. Do the Ishtar Collective mission.
9) Wait for Bungie to give us next stage

Thanks guys.

So I have to do ALL that before going to bed tonight? Fuck

Everyone's favorite raid group is running Oryx at 9pm EST tonight and we need one more on PS4. Don't be a downer and be ready to watch me fail at the jumping parts.

Message scarletham on PSN

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks guys.

So I have to do ALL that before going to bed tonight? Fuck
Doubt it. I really think only the first mission has to be done today. Maybe the password and the second mission part. But after that I don't really know how it'd keep you from completing the remaining steps.

SeanR1221

Eh, not too sure, I would make sure at least to do up to the stage where you need to do the Warsat stuff. Make sure you have at least done the Firewall and Shadow Call mission so you get the fusion core.

Doubt it. I really think only the first mission has to be done today. Maybe the password and the second mission part. But after that I don't really know how it'd keep you from completing the remaining steps.

That's a relief. :)

Tovarisc

Nope, that's right.

Also, we did kill Crota in his Throneworld- that's why his soul was in a "coffin". It could still be harvested but ain't no more Crota coming back.

Why no Oryx soul hanging around? Well, it may be- but in the Books there's also a bit about how his Throneworld is simultaneously inside the Dreadnaught and outside of our dimension altogether. I like to think that the effect when Oryx is cruising toward Saturn- where he seems to be sort of coated with something or turning to stone- is his body passing out of his Throneworld back into actual space, headed toward actual Saturn.

Also this;
So I will prepare a book, which is a map to a weapon. And my vanquisher will read that book, seeking the weapon, and they will come to understand me, where I have been and where I was going. And then they will take up my weapon, and they will use it, they will use that weapon, which is all that I am.

And armed thus with my past, and my future, and my present (which is a weapon, a weapon that takes whatever is available, a weapon bound to malice), they will mantle me, Oryx, the Taken King.

They will become me and I will become them, each of us defeating the other, correcting the other, alloying ourselves into one omnipotent philosophy. Thus I will live forever.

I’ll make sure.
http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/calcified-fragments-insight

That grimoire basically is Oryx telling us about how he views his plausible defeat some day and what kind preparations he then has made for that day. He created the book, we read the book and we created Touch of Malice. Guardian wields Oryx's body reshaped and Oryx's... soul? as weapon now, kinda.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hawkian is correct - only the first mission, "The First Firewall", needs to be completed by the end of today. Bungie have already stated that the mission appearing on the Earth map will go away, and then reappear again at a later date, so as long as you get the Curious Transceiver by the end of today, you're going to be fine :)

so why do we have to do the first part of the new quest today? is there a time-locked aspect, and we have to wait until the next opportunity?
edit: nvm - i see Kurt's post. Thanks Kurt!

Top Bottom