• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Do quests and you'll get drops and legendary marks. Do the daily crucible event. One March gives you 15 marks win or lose. Buy 280 light armor and ghost shell from vendors for slots you are lowest light level in every time you get 75 marks.
Happy Birthday LT.

Any higher attack/defense items you find and equip will raise your light.

Buy a Vanguard Ghost as soon as you have the marks for it.

When decrypting engrams at the cryptarch, make sure you have your highest stuff equipped. If you really want to get the most out of it, check after each decryption if you got an upgrade and equip that before the next engram.

Once you complete a field test weapon's requirement it is "turned in" you can dismantle the weapon (or keep it if you like it in particular for the moment, I used a couple until about 230-odd light).

None of the raids technically require 6 people but it's certainly easier on everyone involved, especially new players. I do newbie raids every week if you are interested. There is one tomorrow for CE that is already full but there will be a VoG next thursday. You can send me a PM if interested.

Honestly, whatever you like. There are tons of quests from the NPCs in the Tower and Reef, you can check out each of the strikes from your Map screen, you can pledge to a faction and just focus on bounties and patrol beacon missions to level them up, the Vanguard Legacy and standard Vanguard Strike playlist, Prison of Elders (the 28 will get you lots of engrams and strange coins, and has matchmaking), there's PvP if you enjoy it, you can explore the Dreadnaught and look for secrets and keys (and collect 25 hadium for your sword if you don't have it yet).
Sorry for late response - thanks so much guys! I'll got a few Legendary Marks now so i'll definitely try and get that Vanguard Ghost first. Might hit you up for that Vault of Glass run too Hawkian, cheers :)

maomaoIYP

Yeah, it's my least favourite one only because I don't find it fun at all.
I hate the warsat opening, don't like exploding shanks, and that last boss room is always a bit of a mess.

Omnigul is a terrible strike because of that final shit room. In comparison Undying Mind has a crap ton of enemies but I always find it fun.

Tovarisc

So apparently stacking some SS's against Golgoroth utterly destroys him in just few downed orbs. If true it would mean that SS utterly destroys Warpriest and Sisters too.

Edit: But being designated gaze holder I never get to melt Golgoroth :(

So apparently stacking some SS's against Golgoroth utterly destroys him in just few downed orbs. If true it would mean that SS utterly destroys Warpriest and Sisters too.

Dude.

SS with Weapons of Light and Shadowshot/Meltingpoint

Whats the ceiling for this weapon?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I figured it would. I dunno, I like the gun and think it's pretty good. Just need to find a way to increase mag

BraXzy

The stimulant definitely has potential. Every shot seems to do a bit more than 2 sniper shots. The question is what has higher dps potential: a good legendary sniper + stimulant or spindle + good machine gun. I think it's going to be close.

Wait what?!???! It's out?

Wait around is boring design to encourage repeat login. Problem is, this Warsat stuff was wait around and idle in Patrol for random events. It is insulting to my time that I have to wait around for this shit and get punished because i didnt wait around in an idle instance long enough for a random event to occur.

I'll take waiting for Armsday drops anytime of this shit.

Preach it brother

Finally got a Mars warsat, so it took me over 4hrs of hanging around planets, I don't mind quests that are challenging (Spindle) but this one was fucking stupid. Even though the gun looks like its not all that, this has wound me up far me than it should

just wait at Skywatch. only Warsat PE will appear there.

Its been nerfed from my experience yesterday it looks like it happens once per hour

Cant be worse than farming these damn materials

Jeesus what was the perceived path they expected people to casually take here

It's an exotic sword. There was nothing casual about it. Just like having a level 40 290+ light guardian. Casual goes out the window when you've sank that amount of time into this game. Just saying...

Shito

Omnigul is a terrible strike because of that final shit room. In comparison Undying Mind has a crap ton of enemies but I always find it fun.
Omnigul is "not so bad" I find.
You can always run back to the entry to thin out the adds, then hit Omnigul with all you can before the next wave of adds hits.
SABER is just chaos from every direction, with the snipers at the end being the cherry on the top.

Also, the more I play Undying Mind, the more I like its boss fight.
I usually stay on the right side, but I've recently helped a friend get her ToM and it was just us two on the left side, back to back, dealing with waves of adds while waiting for that knight to pop, and it was awesome. The only thing that can motivate me in collecting those fragments is the thought of asking her to return me the favor so we can do this all over again. :D
The game needs more moments where you have to stand back to back with a friend and rely on him.

M.D

At what level can you do the first raid? and do you need to have the subclass equipped for the skills in it to level up?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Holy shit Sleeper Simulant on bossess wrecks lol. Took down Valus Ta'aurc in 20 seconds. Getting 18,000 dps.

Deku Tree

If SS is 290 then spindle is definately going down to 290 IMO. Probably with the patch next week on Monday or Tuesday. The emote MTs is going to require a patch.

Anyone want to test the Sleeper on Golgoroth? Can see it being pretty dope in that fight.

As opposed to the Spindle? With max buffs I reckon it'll do 250-300k but you only get 7 and it relies on heavy ammo drops because you can't synth up that fast. Spindle almost does that on its own with a full mag.

To make it work you could probably do Sleeper + raid sniper. Finish a mag of Sleeper then switch to raid sniper, use a mag, go primary for a little bit for cacoon to activate then another mag of the sniper.

maomaoIYP

Just played against 3 sunbreakers in elimination.
We were up 3-2.
Guess what happened next?
It's complete FUCKING BULLSHIT.

edit: If this is going to be the standard for trials I'll skip trials.

Kensuke

As opposed to the Spindle? With max buffs I reckon it'll do 250-300k but you only get 7 and it relies on heavy ammo drops because you can't synth up that fast. Spindle almost does that on its own with a full mag.

To make it work you could probably do Sleeper + raid sniper. Finish a mag of Sleeper then switch to raid sniper, use a mag, go primary for a little bit for cacoon to activate then another mag of the sniper.

Well, if only the perk worked as intended getting 9 wouldn't be hard.

Tovarisc

SS gets 9 rounds when equipping Alchemist's Raiment with Heavy Ammo perk.
CQy7WhFU8AAlKma.jpg:orig
CQy7ZJrUcAAGQBt.jpg:orig

Anyway i got Does Not Bow Variks auto rifle with Guerilla fighter,appended mag/fitted stock and glass half full.It looks like its gonna be a great auto and it dropped at 297 attack higher than my other primaries.

Ah, i've been grinding this trying to catch a Does Not Bow for a while without any luck. I'm jealous

Ape, not a monkey! Get it right TD!

Haha. Thanks Puma :)

Rene and I did some skirmish last night testing out weapons. I'm leaning Tlaloc/Sunsinger and Bad Juju/Stormcaller for Trials now. I'll be doing some more testing this weekend. I am still trying to find my feet in PVP.

ich00

Just played against 3 sunbreakers in elimination.
We were up 3-2.
Guess what happened next?
It's complete FUCKING BULLSHIT.

edit: If this is going to be the standard for trials I'll skip trials.

This is exactly my fear for Trials. It's going to come down to who the better sunbreakers are.

Is it still possible for me to get the mission required for the sleeper stimulant? Where does one start? I know something was going on yesterday for it with warsats on Mars, can someone please explain?

Top Bottom