• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Missed engrams are always at the postmaster if you don´t pick them up

Thanks for the info i asked earlier but sleeper simulant hype.

Also anyone notice sleeper simulant is a special weapon in the exotic blueprint kiosk...whats that about and maybe thats why is the ammo perk gear is wonky.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yes to the first part, you can still finish the Warsat part and hand in the core today. Bolded is not confirmed, but it's most likely that it will pop up tomorrow.

Alright cool. Bit of a bummer since I had to be up at 6 am for work and couldn't sit there all night waiting for a fucking random warsat to fall from the sky...

Wallach

So just to make sure I understand this. Since I was not able to get a warsat to drop on earth last night, I will not be able to get the SS today? So I can still complete that part, but I'll have to wait an additional day to unlock the special strike to finish it off?

It looks like at least a day. We don't know if it is a 24 hour period after turning in the IKELOS core or if we'll have to wait until the next time the entire quest cycle comes back around.

"Wait around" seems to be the new "protect Ghost from enemy waves" go-to quest filler. Not a fan of how often the next quest step is "go do something else for X days".

LiK

how do I quickly make glimmer? can I sell any mats or trade anything for glimmer now? I need 5k to complete the Chaperone quest.

sajj316

Holy shit waiting for these warsats is killing me. I'm sure the Destinypublicevents timers are all wrong, I've been waiting for ages and the events are just not happening on the timers. Not even seen a warsat drop yet.

I believe they are all wrong. Not working. Do Taken corrupting the lands also account for public events because anytime I'm expecting a real one, I get Taken bullshit.

After spending another 45 minute on Warsats this morning and getting kaka doodoo, I'm raging into work. I'm going to have my employees sit on their hands for 95% of the time waiting for me to give the next instruction.

Seems so, you'll have to wait for the missions to pop up in the director again apparently.

I picked up the mission yesterday and got one of the warsats done. Two to go.

Is that new mission likely waiting for me, or do you have to finish that first questline completely before it pops?

hmm NM looks like an answer appeared above..I will have to wait :(

Shito

Holy shit waiting for these warsats is killing me. I'm sure the Destinypublicevents timers are all wrong, I've been waiting for ages and the events are just not happening on the timers. Not even seen a warsat drop yet.

I believe they are all wrong. Not working. Do Taken corrupting the lands also account for public events because anytime I'm expecting a real one, I get Taken bullshit.

After spending another 45 minute on Warsats this morning and getting kaka doodoo, I'm raging into work. I'm going to have my employees sit on their hands for 95% of the time waiting for me to give the next instruction.
They all worked for me yesterday, every single one of them.
Remember that you have to trust the green rated events, and that someone needs to be in the zone when the timer hits 0. The event will then spawn *several minutes* after that, usually between the -3 and -5 marks.

Alright cool. Bit of a bummer since I had to be up at 6 am for work and couldn't sit there all night waiting for a fucking random warsat to fall from the sky...

I understand you completely. I had an hour or so to play yesterday and I was quite lucky to get all the Warsats done.

noomi

how do I quickly make glimmer? can I sell any mats or trade anything for glimmer now? I need 5k to complete the Chaperone quest.

Farm VoG Gatekeeper or trade shards for glimmer at the speaker.

Also someone suggested yesterday that you run Crota and dismantle everything into shards/energies and then trade those at the speaker for 250 glimmer a pop.

I picked up the mission yesterday and got one of the warsats done. Two to go.

Is that new mission likely waiting for me, or do you have to finish that first questline completely before it pops?

You will be able to finish the warsats today and hand the item to the gunsmith, but the next part of the quest (the final strike part) will not be available for you today.

We are not sure if it will show up for you tomorrow or next reset yet.

It looks like at least a day. We don't know if it is a 24 hour period after turning in the IKELOS core or if we'll have to wait until the next time the entire quest cycle comes back around.

"Wait around" seems to be the new "protect Ghost from enemy waves" go-to quest filler. Not a fan of how often the next quest step is "go do something else for X days".

Wait around is boring design to encourage repeat login. Problem is, this Warsat stuff was wait around and idle in Patrol for random events. It is insulting to my time that I have to wait around for this shit and get punished because i didnt wait around in an idle instance long enough for a random event to occur.

I'll take waiting for Armsday drops anytime of this shit.

Forgotten Shores on Earth always showed as green on that site but last night there were zero events happening everytime I went there to wait.

Tovarisc

It feels amazing, but the charge time is slowww.

I agree, it's tad too slow. Just give it little bit faster charge rate to make it feel more powerful [speed and power of shots fired], but only fusion rifle with no charge time should be Mythoclast. Mythoclast after all is build with Vex tech that we don't understand nor can reverse engineer, yet.

Fallen Saber is the toughest Strike in the game IMO. That final room is brutal.

Only if players don't know when to swap from platform to another and suck at killing snipers in final stage of fight.

ich00

Morning DGaf,

Sounds like I messed up a bit running nightfalls (got a 310 Hawkmoon tho) and not finishing the Warsat stuffs. Hopefully if I finish them today I can get the Sleeper tomorrow :-(

noomi

Fallen Saber is the toughest Strike in the game IMO. That final room is brutal.

It was a bit challenging but not too bad for us this morning, we did keep getting killed (no wipe though).

The Shield Bros chaperone quest, and Darkblade exotic sword quest were more difficult for me to finish.

LiK

Farm VoG Gatekeeper or trade shards for glimmer at the speaker.

Also someone suggested yesterday that you run Crota and dismantle everything into shards/energies and then trade those at the speaker for 250 glimmer a pop.

You will be able to finish the warsats today and hand the item to the gunsmith, but the next part of the quest (the final strike part) will not be available for you today.

We are not sure if it will show up for you tomorrow or next reset yet.

alright cool. I don't think anyone has VoG Glimmer farm CP anymore. i'll see if I have any shards left for selling.

Wait around is boring design to encourage repeat login. Problem is, this Warsat stuff was wait around and idle in Patrol for random events. It is insulting to my time that I have to wait around for this shit and get punished because i didnt wait around in an idle instance long enough for a random event to occur.

I'll take waiting for Armsday drops anytime of this shit.

I agree with you 100%

It took me 3 hours yesterday to finish the public events part. I hate Mars with such a passion.

I think quests to get Exotics are a great idea. The problem is some parts of the quests are great and some are terrible. For example, the strike to obtain your exotic sword is good. The part where you have to farm materials? Not so much.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Sleeper Get!
CQy2fGgWUAA2Z6m.png:large

LiK

I agree with you 100%

It took me 3 hours yesterday to finish the public events part. I hate Mars with such a passion.

I think quests to get Exotics are a great idea. The problem is some parts of the quests are great and some are terrible. For example, the strike to obtain your exotic sword is good. The part where you have to farm materials? Not so much.

I used the PE events site people posted and all 3 Warsats took me about an hour to do. very useful site, couldn't imagine having to wait that long for them. waiting for those Taken to show up from a previous quest was annoying as well.

Im pretty bummed

The quest should be fully completable once you score the receiver

Not sure why they make these weird gating decisions...

Like its cool to have these events but those of us that were actually there and working on it shouldnt be forced to wait

it's just made so that we spend longer with the game. Makes the expansion pack "last longer". I mean in a way it's just evil, but also it does give the content more lasting value. We won't be done with all the content in two weeks.

MrDaravon

Cool, did the daily PvP and the 1st person on the other team was a redbar warrior who would take 4 shotgun blasts to the face and not die, kill me without even facing me then teabag me. Why do I continue to do this to myself.

IB is going to be a shitshow.

PuMa

I agree with you 100%

I'm one of the few that really dislikes this whole new "Quest to get Exotics" format. They, for the most part, have been really tedious. It just doesn't feel special at all once you get the weapon. It might be better if they had a wide array of other exotics to drop through RNG (which I actually like), but they trimmed down those options as well.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I understand you completely. I had an hour or so to play yesterday and I was quite lucky to get all the Warsats done.

Mars and the moon were relatively quick, so I was like oh this isn't so bad at all. Then I sat on earth through the pirates game and it was always excavation crews. I was going back and forth between Mothyards/Forgotton Shores.

Kensuke

The stimulant definitely has potential. Every shot seems to do a bit more than 2 sniper shots. The question is what has higher dps potential: a good legendary sniper + stimulant or spindle + good machine gun. I think it's going to be close.

I used the PE events site people posted and all 3 Warsats took me about an hour to do. very useful site, couldn't imagine having to wait that long for them. waiting for those Taken to show up from a previous quest was annoying as well.

I didn't get so lucky. It eventually happened, but it still took forever. Oh well. It's done. I have the Snooze Simulant. Hopefully Bungie learns from these Quests and makes better ones in the future.

E92 M3

So looking at the kiosk I have 4 exotic weapons missing....

1 is the Fabian Strategy, 1 is the Tlaloc, and we know that one will be the No Time To Explain.

Curious what this last mystery item is, and if there are more like the Black Spindle that didn't even show up at all.

We have a heroic exotic from Auryx. So, that should be good!

Yeah, that's a year 1 armor perk. Haven't seen any year 2 armor with that perk yet.

I use Starfire Protocol on my luck with the heavy perk. That should do the trick as well.

LiK

I didn't get so lucky. It eventually happened, but it still took forever. Oh well. It's done. I have the Snooze Simulant. Hopefully Bungie learns from these Quests and makes better ones in the future.

I think Bungie is like "man, no one is really doing PEs anymore. how do we make them do them? Oh yea, just make it part of the exotic questline!"

it worked :3 never seen so many people post about Warsats ever :p

I never found it that hard even in NF. that final exotic sword quest strike was pretty brutal in comparison.

Yup. The NF is a joke now. I do however, really like the final strike for the exotic sword quest. It's chaos in the boss room. There's a great rush when it's time to take the boss and the warden down too.

Be careful though. Such a high powered weapon in the hands of a wet monkey could be really dangerous. You might
shock the monkey

Shito

No strike will ever be as hard as Omnigul. And that one isn't even hard as much as its stupid in design
Yeah, it's my least favourite one only because I don't find it fun at all.
I hate the warsat opening, don't like exploding shanks, and that last boss room is always a bit of a mess.

purg3

slept with Malkin
No strike will ever be as hard as Omnigul. And that one isn't even hard as much as its stupid in design

I was going to say, it's not a difficult strike as much as terrible encounter design in the last section. Depending on the burns, it was either super quick, or a nightmare. Definitely my least favorite strike in the game.

OMFG Fallen SABRE is a bitch and a half. Wow. Going to be a long morning. I'm half tempted to glitch through the rock at the Warsat part.

Actually the pugs i was with we all wiped near the warsat at less than 50% and the timer kept going.The vault opened even while we were all waiting for the respawn timer and at the end just make sure you drop those snipers take the initiative.

Top Bottom