• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Kensuke

And you're right! The "Increases the amount of X ammunition you can carry" perk is somehow tied to the weapon slot and not the weapon type, thus the FR perk not working with the Sleeper or Mythoclast.

Thanks for testing it out, very useful info. I wonder if the same goes for 'increased reload speed for X'.

The weird thing about the SS to me is that the perks make it seem like a weapon for add management, but it's really bad against groups of enemies. The ricochets don't track so they're kind of useless. But the thing does pretty beastly single target damage. I just wish they'd make the perks on it more meaningful because it's just flash right now.

Exactly. The Sleeper SHOULD be the Heavy Supercell for when you have a group of trash mobs and a few majors.

The aesthetics of the gun are AMAZING, but that's about it. Remember how cool the Spartan laser was in Halo? Remember the feeling of it charging up and the impact it had when that beast fired? That's what this gun needs. It's boring. Even IF this gun is top tier for first two raid bosses...that's 3 hours out of a week for me on reset day...every other day I will either have the Supercell or an exotic sword equipped.

Dammit I just realized I dismantled an strike exclusive gun last night. :/

It was the Imago Loop. It's basically white-fatebringer.

I had no idea it was a strike exclusive and it came with awful perks. :/

Tovarisc

Noooooo! Bungie's Gear Manager beta is down. I can't go back to using the old one ;_;

Are they making UI of Bungie.net usable with logic of humans? I don't get it how they have managed to turn it from very logical and usable to clusterfuck of menus with sub-menus that have sub-menus. Finding stuff from that site is fucking nightmare.

DIM to the rescue!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Exactly. The Sleeper SHOULD be the Heavy Supercell for when you have a group of trash mobs and a few majors.

The aesthetics of the gun are AMAZING, but that's about it. Remember how cool the Spartan laser was in Halo? Remember the feeling of it charging up and the impact it had when that beast fired? That's what this gun needs. It's boring. Even IF this gun is top tier for first two raid bosses...that's 3 hours out of a week for me on reset day...every other day I will either have the Supercell or an exotic sword equipped.

Spartan laser was beyond OP in PvP. That splash went cross map.
Aww hell naw!

Jabronium

I've had some bad luck with mine as well, out of the 25 I've used I think I only got 2 or 3 engrams....

Would put one engram at about 8 coins used.

Mine have been pretty hit or miss as well. I went from 1 engram for every 5-6 3oC regularly to 1 in 11, then 4 in 11, then 1 in 9.

Cade

I've dismantled a handful of the strike weapons. Don't worry about it. Wait for a good roll one.

Spartan laser was beyond OP in PvP. That splash went cross map.
Aww hell naw!

Totally! But I'm talking about the actual presentation and firing of the weapon! How dope was that compared to this?

Off Topic -

I really like Shaxx's weekly bounties for PvP. They're easier than doing the questline to unlock them lol

BahamutPT

Are they making UI of Bungie.net usable with logic of humans? I don't get it how they have managed to turn it from very logical and usable to clusterfuck of menus with sub-menus that have sub-menus. Finding stuff from that site is fucking nightmare.

DIM to the rescue!

Yes, the new Gear Manager is amazing!
Just drag and drop everything directly between characters. Old screenshot:

OwLbhqv.jpg

I did the same with the Darkblade fusion rifle, didn't know it was strike specific at that time. But I almost never use fusion rifles, so it's ok. Strike specific stuff just doesn't want to drop for me, except the Warlock gauntlets from the Echo Chamber strike.

noomi

Is the Bungie gear manager available for everyone to use now, or still in beta?

haven't had a chance to try it, looks promising.

So earlier i missed two purple engrams from Varicks kill my teamates didnt rez me so they stayed on the ground as i got booted to orbit.Well i just did Variks again and again two purple engrams dropped and i got them this time either i was lucky or the loot table remembered my missing loot.

Anyway i got Does Not Bow Variks auto rifle with Guerilla fighter,appended mag/fitted stock and glass half full.It looks like its gonna be a great auto and it dropped at 297 attack higher than my other primaries.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So just to make sure I understand this. Since I was not able to get a warsat to drop on earth last night, I will not be able to get the SS today? So I can still complete that part, but I'll have to wait an additional day to unlock the special strike to finish it off?

GlamFM

Banned
So earlier i missed two purple engrams from Varicks kill my teamates didnt rez me so they stayed on the ground as i got booted to orbit.Well i just did Variks again and again two purple engrams dropped and i got them this time either i was lucky or the loot table remembered my missing loot.

Anyway i got Does Not Bow Variks auto rifle with Guerilla fighter,appended mag/fitted stock and glass half full.It looks like its gonna be a great auto and it dropped at 297 attack higher than my other primaries.

Missed engrams are always at the postmaster if you don´t pick them up

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

I had the same Does Not Bow at 299 but I infused yesterday with my Zhalo. :x

Jito

Banned
Holy shit waiting for these warsats is killing me. I'm sure the Destinypublicevents timers are all wrong, I've been waiting for ages and the events are just not happening on the timers. Not even seen a warsat drop yet.

kudoboi

what the hell? i just launched destiny today and it does not recognise that i bought the taken king. i am suddenly locked out of all the content

edit: nvm. restarting my ps4 fixed it

So just to make sure I understand this. Since I was not able to get a warsat to drop on earth last night, I will not be able to get the SS today? So I can still complete that part, but I'll have to wait an additional day to unlock the special strike to finish it off?

Yes to the first part, you can still finish the Warsat part and hand in the core today. Bolded is not confirmed, but it's most likely that it will pop up tomorrow.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Gear manager interface is still way, way worse than DIM imo. Why it shows you all the stuff on your other characters and the vault in the same space is beyond me.

Tovarisc

Sleeper gave fun moments in daily PvP just now :D Enemy ran behind cover to regain his shields, I then took out Sleeper and ricochet round off the wall and scored the kill on said enemy. Got few kills like it, shooting around corners with Sleeper at incoming players.

Top Bottom