• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

realcZk

Im in love with tlaloc

Just an all around great weapon. I tend to roll my legendary scouts for anything that isnt sunsinger though

its an amazing gun that breaks the dps rules of the game
VoC archetype that fires as fast or faster than the mida when super is up, with no damage/range/impact dropoff in PvE or PVP. Pretty insane...

neoism

CQyNveJVAAAamUu.jpg:large

Sleep Time

wow really thought it would be waaay harder to get this... im about to do the strike.. anyone down?
psn ne0ism-

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is the beta item manager on Bungie.net invite only? Like to sort out my inventory since its a complete mess.

VoC archetype that fires as fast or faster than the mida when super is up, with no damage/range/impact dropoff in PvE or PVP. Pretty insane...

Its a monster with overflow

I find it hard to use anything else

LTWood12

Birthday Raid was a fun endeavor. Thanks to Hawk, T-44, Kaio, Batman, and Josh-shiki for the smooth run. Loot

Totems-Game errored out to xmb right before the loot dropped, so nada for me :(

Warpriest-1st try as usual. Nothing but shards.

Golgoroth-Thanks to Afros gaze lesson last weekend was able to get it done first try as well. Shards.

Sisters-Bond, shotgun? where did this shotgun come from?

Oryx-Boots, Helmet

Gammacide

So does anyone know what you have to do for Banshee to give you the Sleeper Stirs quest? I handed in my reactivated core and nothing.

Im in love with tlaloc

Just an all around great weapon. I tend to roll my legendary scouts for anything that isnt sunsinger though

I am eyeballing some stormcaller builds too though. I need to collect more armor

Its a monster with overflow

I find it hard to use anything else

Seems like I have to start spending some time with the Tlaloc. I was putting it off because I've been playing Stormcaller almost exclusively and trying to break the habit of saving the super, which this gun encourages.

flkraven

I just posted an idea I had on reddit. What do you guys think?:

Idea For Keeping The Old Raids Relevant: IB-Style Monthly Events!

Just like IB, I'd imagine this working like a week long event with a new bounty provider appearing in the tower. The bounties could be structured a little differently since they would be raid-specific, so make them 1-time bounties like the Petra bounties used to be. The vendor will have generic 'raid' reputation that is earned for completing bounties and completing the raid.

Examples of possible bounties:
•Defeat Atheon on Hard Mode
•Kill 3 Gorgons (Death resets progress)
•Survive Crota Oversouls
•Complete the lamps in X time

They could even drop in a few new majors throughout the raid and put bounties on them (much like the Wanted bounties from Petra). Have a Taken yellow bar somewhere in the lamps section of Crota or jumping puzzles in VOG. I'm sure someone could toss together some lore reason why the Taken have invaded the old raids.

Likewise, we see that certain Crota checkpoints give Eris rep. Well, just have it give that rep to this weekly event (along with adding checkpoint rep for VOG).

This vendor could sell year 2 versions of raid armor and weapons, obviously rebalanced for year 2 but maintaining the same looks (ie. weapons without burns) or they could just create new raid sets. Likewise, rep buffs, shaders, etc could be sold for Ascendant/Radiant Shards/Energy.

We have more than enough incentive to run Oryx, so I think this would best be reserved for VOG and Crota (and maybe Skolas?). Not a perfect solution, but I think this would be a blast and would be a reasonable way to bring back the old content for a revisit. What does everyone think?

TL/DR: Once a month have a week long event where running the old raids gives rep so you can buy year two variants of year 1 raid stuff.

realcZk

Seems like I have to start spending some time with the Tlaloc. I was putting it off because I've been playing Stormcaller almost exclusively and trying to break the habit of saving the super, which this gun encourages.

It really shines with a sunsinger. I'm still not discouraged from using my super when I need to spam grenades, but saving it seems to triple your DPS output once overflow kicks in. You'll be outputting a lot of damage consistently when your super is charged, and when its not - it behaves like a regular scout rifle (very similar to hung jury). And ... its omolon :)

It makes the sunsinger+fireborn even stronger than it is.

darknil

Just read that if you didn't do the mission yesterday, the SS is not available until they decide to open it again, is that correct?

Oh well.. I'll think the weapon does not exist as I did the first week of the spindle. Speaking of that.. Bungie hasn't patched the spindle yet, right? So everyone is rocking at least 300 SS. Would that be better than spindle for dps?

FinKL

So I handed in the reactivated core to Banshee but I don't have the Sleeper Stirs quest yet. Is this where you have to wait a day for it to be given?
Anyone?

Stuck in the same boat, turned in yesterday and today is there is no quests. I helped friends do the mission yesterday and I have another curios transceiver, did I f myself...

Too bullet hose for me in most circumstances. The elemental damage does make it awesome for some situations though.

Whenever there's a bunch of adds it's amazing. And does quite a lot of damage to majors among them. I use AB and RB which gives it great impact and range for a HRF AR. I hate using ARs in general, this is the exception.

LordofPwn

I have a request. can a fireteam with fully upgraded SSs do the following:

1 Saint-14 Defender TITAN with WoL
1 Sunbreaker TITAN with Melting Point
1 whatever else

Find a strike boss that can be blinded

Bubble on the boss
Melting point punch
all 3 fire SS inside bubble.
Profit.

Tovarisc

how about Oryx? Story, raid?

That's all that matters.

I don't think damage done to Oryx matters at all, getting him to stagger is so easy with current gear level [even without SS or Malice]. Warpriest and Golgoroth numbers would be interesting to get as those are all about sustained high DPS and lets you really get some critical damage data.

LiK

pretty sure you said that both about the exotic sword and the chaperone

:p

they were doable and the weapons are good. but all those ridiculous PVP requirements for Curse are stupid. never completing the PVP quest either.

I was one win away from finishing the scout rifle portion of the crucible quest. Got about fiteen kills in salvage and got mercy'd (including a phantom medal) and it didn't count toward the quest. WTF?

I just posted an idea I had on reddit. What do you guys think?:

Idea For Keeping The Old Raids Relevant: IB-Style Monthly Events!

Heart this so much! I feel exactly the same way and have been saying Bungie needs to bring back the old raids and rotate them weekly or monthly with new enemies and encounters... fill them up with new stuff and give us rewards that make running them relevant again. Higher exotic engram drop rate.. maybe even 100% per legacy raid once per account per week?

noomi

I really don't think that the First Curse PvP part will be that bad, especially if you don't lose progress upon death.

Stay back and don't rush, use ranged weapons, wait for heavy round and have a HMG. Should be done in one night worth of pvp.

Will have to wait a few weeks apparently before anyone really find out.

stb

SS culminating in "farm warsats and run SABER once" is a bit lolworthy.

I like the IDEA of a quest for an exotic, but the juxtaposition of the "mystery" aspect and anticlimactic final steps is kinda sad.

Looking forward to how they improve this bare bones implementation, though.

EDIT: the "quest" being so pedestrian does add some fuel to the "why is this only available on certain days?" fire, though. Making people wait to wait for warsats to then run a strike? Really?

Top Bottom