• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Namikaze1

So as of right now, the team attempting a flawless run either on October 10 or as early as this weekend (depending on if we can quickly get a full team) consists of:

myself
Drizzay
Unstable
Wicked
Afro

Looks like we just need one more (coughcoughFigcoughcough)

It'll be in the afternoon (Eastern timezone) whenever we decide to run it. I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure Unstable will be streaming.

xinek

Anyone available to help me on this Summoner's Circle mission? I HATE IT. No actual difficulty, just waves upon waves of obnoxious adds, and I HATE having my movement restricted in games. Ugh, I'm not enjoying this at all.

PSN legilimens, please join me if you like to shoot things!

Never mind, finally got it. Horrible mission.

So as of right now, the team attempting a flawless run either on October 10 or as early as this weekend (depending on if we can quickly get a full team) consists of:

myself
Drizzay
Unstable
Wicked
Afro

If you guys do it on sunday i can be a sub

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
About to do Taken War both Earth and Venus, Kill 3 champions and gather Chronoshards. Anyone can tag along.

Deku Tree

So there is a strike playlist streak buff that stacks up to three strikes that gives you more rep and supposedly gives you better drop chances.

But the first strike you do on each character gives you a legendary engram.

And you can get marks from your first three strikes per week account wide.

So in any case it is still better to switch characters and do one strike on each character if you want the legendary engram and you only want to do three strikes.

And if you are grinding strikes for 3oC drop chances, then it seems infinitely easier to do vanguard strikes and not do heroic strikes because they go by much quicker and it seems like the 3oC drop rate is exactly the same.

That is all.

LTWood12

myself
Drizzay
Unstable
Wicked
Afro

It'll be in the afternoon (Eastern timezone) whenever we decide to run it. I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure Unstable will be streaming.

I think it would be fun for Luke to actually join you guys if he's willing and able.

edit: As in Luke Smith. Not me obviously lol.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Add impossible machines, devouring maw, stormcaller's bond and you have a real thunder god.

I have all of those except Devouring Maw, and I really want a Devouring Maw.

Knowing my luck when I finally do it will have ashes to assets instead of Inverse Shadow anyway.

Shiv47

Was leveling up one of my alts today and using Y1 weapons again; I wish Lord of Wolves had a year 2 version. I love using that gun, it sounds awesome and tears up enemies.

Frostburn

Need 1 more for a guided N00b King's Fall raid. It is all family and friends and only one other has done the raid. Going to go through to at least the first boss (Beating him hopefully). Join on US-Frostburn

matmanx1

Okay, literally about to walk out the door but I thought of the greatest idea to make Nightfalls relevant and awesome again.

Removing the weeklong buff was a mistake.
It's nothing but trash.
Even if having the XP and rep bonus didn't fit in with the design ethos of their new economy, the concept of having a buff of some kind you could get early in the week that would stick around until the next reset made Nightfalls an event, and compelling to get done on each of your active characters despite their difficulty. Plus the blue headflames were just damn cool!

So Radiant Light is retired. Let's make it a new buff. Call it Exotic Light. When you've got it, exotic engrams decrypted on that character have a higher chance of being 310 attack or defense, whether or not you yourself are 300+. If you are 300+ and have the buff, the chance should rise to 75% or more of getting a 310.

Because 310 exotics aren't just a roll of the exotic itself but potential infusion fuel for players of all levels, suddenly there's a good reason to do your Nightfalls again. Especially for median players that are still gearing up and have access to the Nightfall but aren't 290+ yet- now they're actually getting a chance at some progression out of it for the rest of the week.

Also, now all the seemingly dumb rewards from the Nightfall suddenly make sense.

Handful of Three of Coins? Go toss these at bosses for the rest of the week and get you some 310s.
Strange Coins? Here you are, sonny. Go buy a nice engram from Xur and enjoy.
Get a 290 exotic from the actual loot roll? No worries, you'll still have chances from the buff- and don't dismantle that thing! It might have a nice roll you want to infuse.

Nightfalls solved. Bungie's desire to not have it be a rep/xp thing remains intact, and Nightfalls are magically endgame-relevant again. If they really don't want to incentivize players doing it as early in the week as possible, they could have it operate like Tempered where the % increase is a fixed amount that goes up each day of the week regardless of when you first acquired it, so it wouldn't matter when you got it done as long as you managed to get it done- just collect and save all your engrams for the week til Monday and have a decryption party.

Boom

Late reply but I love this idea. I would vote for it!

For those who love the engram looting ghots, you can buy four of the five planet/mat ghosts (75 marks each) from vendors. Moon/Helium Coils can only be obtained by RNG.

Drednaught/Wormspore is from your class vanguard
Earth/Spinmetal, Mars/Iron Relic, and Venus/Spirit bloom are all at the Crucible Handler.

Edit: I really wish the factions each had their own ghost. I would love a FWC ghost.

Don't the factions have ghosts? I'm pretty sure I have a Dead Orbit Ghost from a faction rank up. Sadly it's only 220 Light and the perks weren't great but it sure did look cool!

In other news I finished my Exotic Sword quest last night and got Raze Lighter. Big thanks to my regular fire team for helping me out with that last step, which is plenty tough. We are all 295'ish light and the strike is 300 recommended but we got in there and got it done.

It sure is pretty and oh so fun to use!

That Nightstalker though
rejoice.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCpjjTs4Zk&feature=youtu.be

nowai

What makes it so good? Why would I use it over any other Y1 shotgun (party crasher, matador, etc) ?

Sorry, took a lunch break and missed this.

Without the Roadborn buff, I could see the comparison to any other shotty with shot package. With buff though, the guns turns into a monster. Range, crit damage, ADS and reload speed are all increased.

The best part is the Roadborn buff can be triggered with any gun. ie, get a headshot with your primary and in a second, The Chaperone has become a monster.

I only use it on my Gunslinger and paired with throwing knives, it has become the most fun I have had in the crucible in a long time. Post hand cannon nerf, I was sorely missing the shot + knife combo.

Coming from a guy who virtually always uses a sniper, the Chaperone has made me a believer. I do feel it's made for the player who always ADS' a shotgun etc for precision damage and picks engagements smartly when the buff has procced. Someone who blindly sprints around a map blasting everything on reaction will most likely hate this weapon.

...it also makes a god damned whip crack when you reload AND does the T2 Arnold on a bike reload flip! Pure style.

Re-open and ready for new members now :)

I still have everyone's PM so I will re add everyone that has send me a PM. It will take a little bit longer this time around. My apologizes.
you can blame Hawkian ;)

If you are still waiting for an invite or want to be accepted into the new Destiny GAF Community on PSN due to the new firmware, please spam me PMs with your GAF name and PSN name :3

I did not look over the thread so if you posted your info, I did miss it. Please PM me with your PSN name and GAF name. I will go over the thread whenever I have time..

It's the same psn community Gutz created and as of now there are only 3 mods. If you want a more faster entry spam
jk dont spam them you can spam me if you wanna haha :p
GutZ31, Afrocious or Hawkian.

Thinking of a google doc hidden link in the OP to make my life easier..watcha say?

Sorry, took a lunch break and missed this.

Without the Roadborn buff, I could see the comparison to any other shotty with shot package. With buff though, the guns turns into a monster. Range, crit damage, ADS and reload speed are all increased.

The best part is the Roadborn buff can be triggered with any gun. ie, get a headshot with your primary and in a second, The Chaperone has become a monster.

I only use it on my Gunslinger and paired with throwing knives, it has become the most fun I have had in the crucible in a long time. Post hand cannon nerf, I was sorely missing the shot + knife combo.

Coming from a guy who virtually always uses a sniper, the Chaperone has made me a believer. I do feel it's made for the player who always ADS' a shotgun etc for precision damage and picks engagements smartly when the buff has procced. Someone who blindly sprints around a map blasting everything on reaction will most likely hate this weapon.

...it also makes a god damned whip crack when you reload AND does the T2 Arnold on a bike reload flip! Pure style.

And now I want one. Thanks.

Just got a double pulse rifle drop and a sniper rifle drop from Oryx, all at 300 attack to add to the 300 ghost I got from the totems and 300 machine gun I got on Tuesday.

I'm so lucky.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I dont think the drops are all RNG tbh. First time they let us use it engrams started raining down, after the little "cooldown" they added ive been getting about 50% less engrams.

Kinda BS but oh well.

Top Bottom