• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Strider

2 guys share the Gaze, everyone else does DPS. one guy who's the weakest does Cursed Thrall duty. also, Weapons of Light helps.

2 guys share the gaze? huh?

But even with 5 of us sniping Golgoroth we were only doing about 15% health each time it seemed. So moving one to ad duty would be safer but he would've ended up enraging anyway.

Dawg

Tried to solo CoO because I couldn't find anyone to play with and I never did it before..

Shuldn't have done it :>>>

LiK

But even with 5 of us sniping Golgoroth we were only doing about 15% health each time it seemed. So moving one to ad duty would be safer but he would've ended up enraging anyway.

Oh, Sharing the gaze back and forth.

No, with two guys swapping the gaze you have many more damage cycles (you can take down around 4 bubbles) and don't have to spend as much time killing ads.

Shito

Hmmm, it's true that when we did it we had 2 Black Spindles and my 308 stillpiercer, so that miiiight have helped.
We were doing a little bit more than 25% each time...

No, with two guys swapping the gaze you have many more damage cycles (you can take down around 4 bubbles) and don't have to spend as much time killing ads.
He's talking about the one gaze strategy... :)

Strider

Oh, Sharing the gaze back and forth.

oh yea I know that but we were trying the one gazer strat just to see how effective it was. I normally do 2 gazers sharing back in forth.

This was a test for me because people talked about how good the 1 gazer strat was.

And my opinion at this moment is it's a luxury strat for really high level groups with multiple Black Spindles. We just couldn't do the damage needed to make that work. 2 gazers is what we would've needed

oh yea I know that but we were trying the one gazer strat just to see how effective it was.

1 person doing the gazer is easy, just gotta use snipers and weapons of light. The taken will keep coming so just be prepare to drop the orb of goo again soon. It works well IMO to get the job done and fast.

Shito

1 person doing the gazer is easy, just gotta use snipers and weapons of light. The taken will keep coming so just be prepare to drop the orb of goo again soon. It works well IMO to get the job done and fast.
Oh, yeah, Strider!
We had weapons of light and a nightstalker arrow!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Your best bet is to find a node near a new zone and use the sparrow to race out of the zone and back in to have the material respawn; basically the old queen chest method after killing the wolves. This is much faster than circling the zone looking for nodes.

Yes! I feel dumb for not thinking of this (because I've done this with Hadium Flakes in the Mausoleum).
I will keep my eyes open for nodes near zone edges.
Someday I will get this done.

FinKL

Having a one Gazer leads to a lot of enrage timers, because most of the time you are clearing adds as each failed gaze spawns new adds that take at least a minute to clean up each time. I definitely don't recommend it if you are trying to get through the raid as fast as possible.

zewone

So my thoughts on the 1 gaze strat after we tried it...

It definitely has some potential but it feels like a luxury strat you can pull off if you have multiple spindles and a bunch of 310 snipers.... But not really something you can pull off with an average amount of sniper damage.

We could set it up fairly easy but couldn't really deal out enough damage to finish Golgoroth before he enraged or the ads piled up toward the end.

Idk maybe we were missing something or just werent being quite effecient enough. I need to see a video.

How many phases do you get through before he enrages with the 1 gaze strategy?

My team takes about 2 or 3 phases of gaze to finish him with this method.

It's by far the easiest way to kill him.

todd360

Can I get at least two people for some crucible mark farming? I need people to play with for this crucible nightfall bounty

Nevermind. I'll try again later. I'll play daily instead.

zewone

Is this the just collecting spinmetal/whatever thing? I'm doing that right now and my arc kills. Want to do the strike together next week after arms day?

Yeah, sure.

I still have to farm the material for the arc sword so I can get all 3 and be done. I should be able to finish all that by Wednesday no problem.

I'll do exotic quest with you if you need me next week. Also Solar sword.

Sounds good.

aarcane

My mic stopped working, putting an early end to tonight's gaming.

At least I have a nice new cloak.

vvmt8KS.jpg

Strider

How many phases do you get through before he enrages with the 1 gaze strategy?

My team takes about 2 or 3 phases of gaze to finish him with this method.

It's by far the easiest way to kill him.

5 or 6 phases idk exactly.

Yea and like I said it seems easy in theory but you need a really high light level team/snipers to do it. Which we didn't really have in comparison to the groups that have claimed to do it this way.

Which is why I am calling it a "luxury strat"

Quick and painless for high level groups. Not really viable for lower light level teams.

Red Death
Scout Rifles
Shotguns
Swords

To be precise, the meta is "stagger", meaning people use weapons that make you flinch (Mida, Red Death, Hawksaw, whatever other Scout or Pulse is good), so sniping is no longer as viable. Therefore everyone equips shotguns.

Played a game on Memento yesterday and couldn't snipe anybody because they were all using pulse rifles and my reticle would jump as soon as I saw them.

Swords are "in fashion" but wont replace Rockets, especially in competitve play.

Balance patch can't come soon enough.

zewone

I think 5 or 6 phases

Yea and like I said it seems easy in theory but you need a really high light level team/snipers to do it. Which we didn't really have in comparison to the groups that have claimed to do it this way.

Which is why I am calling it a "luxury strat"

Quick and painless for high level groups. Not viable for lower light level teams.

When you get to the Taken phase (when his health is low enough, I forget the percentage) you can constantly keep going, you don't have to worry about clearing adds.

I don't think it' s a luxury strat at all, because even with 2 gazers, while they're swapping you're not going to be doing DPS. The downtime for clearing adds using 1 gaze should be roughly the same amount of time.

Dawg

Are you supposed to bring friends to CoO or is it easy to find people around? The place was empty for me ;o

I tried the 1 gaze strat today for the first time. It worked wonders. 3 single gazes I believe.

We had 3 people 300+ but everyone had a Spindle or 1000 yard stare

Arrrammis

oh yea I know that but we were trying the one gazer strat just to see how effective it was. I normally do 2 gazers sharing back in forth.

This was a test for me because people talked about how good the 1 gazer strat was.

And my opinion at this moment is it's a luxury strat for really high level groups with multiple Black Spindles. We just couldn't do the damage needed to make that work. 2 gazers is what we would've needed
From what I've seen, 1 gazer is safer and requires less communication, but slower (more likely to enrage), which makes it better for groups who have never run together. The 2 gazer strat is faster but more dangerous (lots of adds in the pit if you don't have someone keeping an eye on them) and requires more communication, so it's better for experienced groups with great communication.

Strider

When you get to the Taken phase (when his health is low enough, I forget the percentage) you can constantly keep going, you don't have to worry about clearing adds.

I don't think it' s a luxury strat at all, because even with 2 gazers, while they're swapping you're not going to be doing DPS. The downtime for clearing adds using 1 gaze should be roughly the same amount of time.

We mustve been doing something wrong then somewhere. When we got to the taken the ads would pile up in the middle and kill us if we didnt have someone focusing them.

You guys saying it's quick and painless come show me! I have the checkpoint after all :p

I really do wanna see it work because like I said, it seemed to have a lot of potential. Just seemed we didn't have the damage to pull it off.

MikeyMike

Any reason why I got booted from the PS4 Community?

I would also like to join a raid group for tonight.

Hunter / Titan ~ 296 with no experience in King's Fall but I've watched some of the strats.

PSN : MikeGaum1984

Top Bottom