• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Mupod

Just got a double pulse rifle drop and a sniper rifle drop from Oryx, all at 300 attack to add to the 300 ghost I got from the totems and 300 machine gun I got on Tuesday.

I'm so lucky.

300 drops are such a buzzkill. But you still made out far better than I did on two characters combined, lol.

40 mouldering shards and I get exactly 1 terrible weapon drop from Oryx both runs. Everything else was shards.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
16th 3oC dropped an arm exotic. I noticed as we'll Legendary engrams have slowed up. I've just done 10 strikes in a row and not one purple drop all greens and blues.

Infusion Question: Does upgrading the item you're using to infuse increase the benefit of the infusion?

I.E. If I want to infuse my Vendor arms with Raid arms, should I upgrade the Raid arms first?

Shito

Can't wait for that flawless KF stream.
We should already start betting on how many trolls this will attract in the chat...

MechDX

16th 3oC dropped an arm exotic. I noticed as we'll Legendary engrams have slowed up. I've just done 10 strikes in a row and not one purple drop all greens and blues.

I ran the regular strikes last night and got no purples. I ran the higher level ones last week and it was raining purples.

Reule

We need one more for raid, at the Prove Your Worth/Door checkpoint. One our guys had to leave suddenly.

PSN: Reule

We're friendly!

nvm someone joined

300 drops are such a buzzkill. But you still made out far better than I did on two characters combined, lol.

40 mouldering shards and I get exactly 1 terrible weapon drop from Oryx both runs. Everything else was shards.

Guessing I got the guaranteed primary for first time(if it is character wide not account wide), another primary and the sniper for 20 mouldering shards. I got fuck all from Warpriest and Golgoroth.

I guess I'm lucky and unlucky at the same time, getting loads of drops, all at the lowest value.

Lee

- Equip Forfeit
- Equip Stillpiercer
- Select Predator perk
- ???
- Nightstalker OP

I've never tried predator, but I've wanted to run a trap class with that and the smoke bombs that stick to walls. Do that with Sealed Ahamkara Grasps on Mayhem and you can be just like the Tripmine Spam build, except annoying instead of deadly!

Infusion Question: Does upgrading the item you're using to infuse increase the benefit of the infusion?

I.E. If I want to infuse my Vendor arms with Raid arms, should I upgrade the Raid arms first?

Why would you do that? If you want a 280 to go up, just keep infusing it. Example. You have a 280 helm, an raid helm at 307, and an exotic helm at 310. Infuse the 280 to the 307, it will be about 304 maybe 305. There's calculators online for this stuff. Then infuse your now 304 with the 310. That's all you can do.

Infusing a 307 with a 310 will just give you a 310. Now you Infuse your 280 with your 310 and youre not going to get 310.

Tldr, just keep infusing the stuff you want to be high level.

I've never tried predator, but I've wanted to run a trap class with that and the smoke bombs that stick to walls. Do that with Sealed Ahamkara Grasps on Mayhem and you can be just like the Tripmine Spam build, except annoying instead of deadly!

My favorite thing now in Control or Salvage is to throw a grenade, then two Envenomed smoke bombs at the other team when they are at a control or salvage point. Having Lockdown enabled as well. Throw in a Shadowshot for good measure. They die or the rest of my squad cleans them up.

Lee

King's Fall raid weapons - are they made out of the people they're named after?

It's pretty clear that each item text could come from someone who died at the hands of Oryx. The guns themselves are all sculpted polished bone and sinew and muscle and stuff. Is that supposed to be our take on this or am I off?

"Go, child! Run! Don't look back! Don't—"
"Where is the Great Machine? Where is the Great Machine?" —Chelchis, Kell of Stone
"No tomb but the battlefield! No legacy but the scars we etch upon our foes!"
"Hard to starboard! Stand by, weapons. Helm, get us out of here!" —Capt. Drystan Cor, First Fleet
"Without victory, we cannot go home!" —Primus A'arn
"Shields up! Protect the Queen! Brace for impact! Save the Queen—" —Paladin Yasmin Eld
"I see now that everything dies. Even...even memory." —Midha, Consort of Stars
"Hungry...hungry...so hungry!" —Elulim of the Eimin-Tin
"If only...if only we had heeded the Queen..."

Shito

It's pretty clear that each item text could come from someone who died at the hands of Oryx. The guns themselves are all sculpted polished bone and sinew and muscle and stuff. Is that supposed to be our take on this or am I off?
Yeah, someone in here already had that theory going soon after the raid released, and I do think it's correct.
Makes those weapons even less desirable, if there was a need for that... ^^

FinKL

Seriously, these sound like last words of people about to be obliterated by Oryx. Didn't think about that.

LiK

that would be pretty gross

Strider

So my thoughts on the 1 gaze strat after we tried it...

It definitely has some potential but it feels like a luxury strat you can pull off if you have multiple spindles and a bunch of 310 snipers.... But not really something you can pull off with an average amount of sniper damage.

We could set it up fairly easy but couldn't really deal out enough damage to finish Golgoroth before he enraged or the ads piled up toward the end.

Idk maybe we were missing something or just werent being quite effecient enough. I need to see a video.

Trickster

Pretty sure that that is indeed the case. In one of the quests, I'm pretty sure Eris mentions how Oryx grinds down his enemies/victims into chitin to be used on his ship, which is clearly what the weapons are made of.

It definitely has some potential but it feels like a luxury strat you can pull off if you have multiple spindles and a bunch of 310 snipers.... But not really something you can pull off with an average amount of sniper damage.

We could set it up fairly easy but couldn't really deal out enough damage to finish Golgoroth before he enraged or the ads piled up toward the end.

Idk maybe we were missing something or just werent being quite effecient enough. I need to see a video.

I just watched a video where they had 1 person hold the gaze. Is it really where you just have one guy hold the gaze for only 1 20 sec period per gaze phase? That just seems incredibly stupid, or am I missing something?

We have a spot open and we're at Golgoroth now. Anyone want to join us?

Also guys there's this app called Destiny inventory manager................

Let me tell you about the benefits of Destiny Item Manager.

I actually hadn't heard of this until yesterday. Changed my life.

LiK

2 guys share the Gaze, everyone else does DPS. one guy who's the weakest does Cursed Thrall duty. also, Weapons of Light helps.

exYle

I think you're right.

This has interesting lore implications, because that would mean that Oryx was partially responsible for, or at the very least, present for the Eliksni whirlwind (AKA the Fallen Collapse).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Add impossible machines, devouring maw, stormcaller's bond and you have a real thunder god.

Done. Gonna be a blast to play with. Only decent shader which matched the helm. Getting quite a few looks in the tower lol. Would prefer a new chest piece. Something with high collars.

wztqbe.jpg

Top Bottom