• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

WipedOut

No, just once per character.

It would be nice if you could rerun the oryx segment and get a chance at using moldering shards for a drop after you've completed it once. Has anyone even tried this?

The raid Pulse Rifle is probably the best PvE primary in the game right now. I really don't get people obsession with the Hung Jury.
If only I got this with Firefly. Glass half full isn't too bad though.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Man, besides how awesome the aesthetics of everything Rasputin is (he is also my favorite character in the game and the most intriguing), imagine how cool a Rasputin raid would be! Dope classical music playing through out..check. Cool high tech looking areas...check. Crazy AI machine fucking with you at every turn...check. Ahhhhh man, I haven't really thought of it until today with all the SS stuff, but a Rasputin raid could be incredible.

Edit: It would be really appropriate to have raid puzzles involving music too if it was a Rasputin raid. God damn it, why did I do this to myself. This is all I can think of now.
Make it so luke. Make it fucking so

flkraven

I think it's inevitable that Bungie will repurpose VOG, Crota, and Kings Fall and make strikes out of those areas. Only a matter of time, and it's an easy was to drop more content in for the hardcores.

Kyoufu

I think it's inevitable that Bungie will repurpose VOG, Crota, and Kings Fall and make strikes out of those areas. Only a matter of time, and it's an easy was to drop more content in for the hardcores.

Well, they already did with TTK's story missions and I'd prefer if they kept it that way going forward. I don't want to do a rehashed VoG raid as future content. Keep raids original.

Keep it and try it out. If it's happens to have Outlaw or/and Unflinching then it's a beast.

w15EaO8.png
It's not that bad, it has unflinching, but not outlaw.

Messiek

I'm doing the sleeper quest on my 2 other characters just to get the +150 rep with the gusmith at the end. I'll hit rank 3 with both : )

Also 34 is gonna be our last light emoji ot isn't it?

Good point, probably should be the last one. This game has had such a bizarre progression path, changing things up with every release. It looks like they finally found a scheme that can be used consistently from one release to the next.

flkraven

Well, they already did with TTK's story missions and I'd prefer if they kept it that way going forward. I don't want to do a rehashed VoG raid as future content. Keep raids original.

I think it would be cool if they did 1 shot, bite sized raid segments. That actually would be a great way to implement matchmaking. Sort of like the daily heroic (or have it in a playlist), but the daily raid segment.

For example, the bite sized events could be as follows:

-The conflux portion of VOG
-Build the bridge part of Crota (with cheese removed)
-Gorgon stealh + jumping puzzle
-Opening the VOG raid door

etc.

If you throw it into a matchmaking event or playlist, it would give people a chance to experience part of the raid experience without having to commit to a whole group or carve out a big chunk of time. Matchmaking could work, and there could be a wipe counter where after 4 or 5 wipes it just jumps to the next activity.

recks

I don't see many other guns it would be better on. Plus it's not *that* great of a perk.
Triple Tap is useless in pretty much any gun imo. Exactly why I don't get the hype over this gun, has okay perks and average stats but is treated as the 'go to gun'.

>Gets the Sleeper Simulant
>Finds out it only has a 290 rating
>Hears it's pretty awful

Pretty much the story of of the last hour for me. Bungie and it's pointless hype.

Silvard

The raid Pulse Rifle is probably the best PvE primary in the game right now. I really don't get people obsession with the Hung Jury.

That's what I've found so far as well. But it's just so ugly :(

Which perk though? I got Life Support and it has saved my life, but it doesn't proc as often as I would like, and I know Danger Close is hot garbage. Is Firefly THE perk to get on this gun?

Triple Tap is useless in pretty much any gun imo. Exactly why I don't get the hype over this gun, has okay perks and average stats but is treated as the 'go to gun'.

I think it's good on a PvE sniper, for bosses and ogres and burns and stuff. I can't think of a competing perk that would be increase DPS on a sniper more than that one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
>Gets the Sleeper Simulant
>Finds out it only has a 290 rating
>Hears it's pretty awful

Pretty much the story of of the last hour for me. Bungie and it's pointless hype.

It's not pretty awful though. It's not ballerhorn, no, nothing is, but it's not no land beyond either.

It's completely overhyped. People just are excited by how good Omolon scouts are. Firefly and extended mag are what it has going for it. Triple Tap is typically a waste but the other two make up for it. A Tunela SR4 is just as good with decent perks, it's just that the Hung Jury is so easily obtainable.

zewone

Man, besides how awesome the aesthetics of everything Rasputin is (he is also my favorite character in the game and the most intriguing), imagine how cool a Rasputin raid would be! Dope classical music playing through out..check. Cool high tech looking areas...check. Crazy AI machine fucking with you at every turn...check. Ahhhhh man, I haven't really thought of it until today with all the SS stuff, but a Rasputin raid could be incredible.

Edit: It would be really appropriate to have raid puzzles involving music too if it was a Rasputin raid. God damn it, why did I do this to myself. This is all I can think of now.

This sounds awesome.

Top Bottom