• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Bradach

I do...the events never trigger -_-. I've farming earth for 2 hours.

I've been at it for an hour and I'm sick of it.

Skywatch actually triggered for me at it was going well until that hive knight someone the hated showed up and I couldn't take him out. I got the warsat to about 90% before it disappeared.
He deserves that name

EDIT: forgotten shore should be soon btw

gunawi

Doing the "first firewall" mission part of sleeper simulant quest. Didnt have time to do it yesterday. Join up if anybody needs it. Psn gunawi.

Shito

Ok, that SABER strike was not so bad.
Did it with randoms and it went mostly fine, except for one of the blueberries who was lagging SO HARD I couldn't revive him... He left in the middle of the boss fight, but strangely joined back at like a third of the boss' life.
Nightstalker's vanish grenade and shadestep are MVP in this fight, I was dancing all around the stage avoiding exploding shanks and disappearing to get clutch revives, dealing with the snipers on the last part -- both of the blueberries pointed at me and started dancing once we got him down. Felt good. ^^

Who needs to do the SABER strike for the Sleeper? Join on TwilightGap
Meh, saw that nobody was grouping for it so I assumed everyone was already done with it.
Should have waited a bit longer to do it with you, would have been more fun. ^^

neoism

luke smith aka killer of dreams

Yt7b5Nc.png

I0tS4pB.gif

Surprised people are disappointed with SS. You must have had some ridiculous expectations. I don't even like fusion rifles but the thing hits like a bus. I'll be using it sometimes, even though I still prefer the sword.

zewone

What are you confused about?

This is how I feel.
The subreddit updated their header.

lol @ the "wait" continues

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...thing_to_consider_about_the_sleeper_simulant/

He has a point. We are the 1% we know pretty much everything about the game.

Most of the playerbase will NOT be able to decipher the binary code and enter it into the item - believe me.

I don't agree. They could have made it complicated for the community to figure out and once the solution had been found it could have been shared with the below average players to replicate.

zewone

Surprised people are disappointed with SS. You must have had some ridiculous expectations. I don't even like fusion rifles but the thing hits like a bus. I'll be using it sometimes, even though I still prefer the sword.

Disappointed with the mission to acquire it, not the actual hardware.

Silvard

Aright, done the raid like 10 times now, and I've only gotten a total of 3 primary weapons. Aside from those three the only loot I've ever gotten from Oryx has been when I have shards, and it's usually trash too. This is a bit ridiculous.

shermas

just tried the daughters for the first time... took about 20 minutes to fill a group, then we tried for about 30 - 35 minutes before I had to go. we wiped a bunch of times, mostly due to poor jumping / platforming skills. One time, 3 of us got wiped out by the same blast right as the bubble came down after the dps portion, so that was a wipe.

but the fight is fun.

looking at videos, i was pretty worried that it was really complicated, but it's not that bad. i actually nailed the torn jumping every time my number was called (except for once when there wasn't a platform under the ball thing for some reason).

A couple pointers for newbs, because I didn't know any of this before the fight:

1. once your runner has the 'orb' or whatever, you can leave your pillar and start to form the DPS circle. i kept waiting on my platform until the orb was dunked and i was always late to the sniper/dps party. i had my TitanPig build on, too, so it took FOREVER to get over to my team.
2. you dunk the orb on the sister that's NOT freaking out. whichever sister is just floating there is the one that gets hit.
3. running the platforms is fun. you will (probably) mess up the first time bc the black and white is so weird, but it's cool after you get used to it.
4. if you don't see where you are supposed to jump right away, take a second and find the platform... don't freak out. one dude missed the same jump EVERY.TIME. and you could practically hear his panic in his breathing over the mic.

I'd really like to finish the raid so I can get the ToM (I have 45 fragments, wah), but I think it's locked behind the Eris quest that requires the completed raid.

gdt

Damn, this final Fears Embrace Touch of Malice quest is kicking my ass. Anyone up to lend a hand? At the boss.

gunawi

It's available?
Yes its available for me since yesterday. Anyway... Just finished it and got the "curious transceiver". So it seems like you will have the mission available for you as long as you have already handed over the 4 Devlin fusion rifle parts before yesterday.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Aright, done the raid like 10 times now, and I've only gotten a total of 3 primary weapons. Aside from those three the only loot I've ever gotten from Oryx has been when I have shards, and it's usually trash too. This is a bit ridiculous.

I'm in the same boat. Thank goodness you don't need many raid drops to get over 300.

zewone

Yes its available for me since yesterday. Anyway... Just finished it and got the "curious transceiver". So it seems like you will have the mission available for you as long as you have already handed over the 4 Devlin fusion rifle parts before yesterday.

I just find it curious since Bungie stated the mission would only be available yesterday but would come back at a later date.

chewydogg

This is good news, won't be home until late tonight.

deoee

The subreddit updated their header.

lol @ the "wait" continues

I don't agree. They could have made it complicated for the community to figure out and once the solution had been found it could have been shared with the below average players to replicate.

Ehm and how would you share that information? The same way it's shared now - ok I did not think about google Ha!
I'm not talking beow average, I'm talking about average players.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...thing_to_consider_about_the_sleeper_simulant/

He has a point. We are the 1% we know pretty much everything about the game.

Most of the playerbase will NOT be able to decipher the binary code and enter it into the item - believe me.

The thing is it's easy to go on google, type in items name, and get answers immediately. Everyone who plays Destiny, has access to the internet. Luke saying that we are the 1% or whatever is just flattery.

The thing is it's easy to go on google, type in items name, and get answers immediately. Everyone who plays Destiny, has access to the internet. Luke saying that we are the 1% or whatever is just flattery.

It amaze me there were day 1 videos telling you how to do the binary codes since the morning of the quest

Lee

Isn't this exactly what happened? I doubt very many people noticed that the quest was available, then figured out the binary code on their own, then knew to wait for warsats... It was all shared by the community.

Also, google seems to be the key. There must be a ton of people out there searching for destiny content for all of these "news" sites to turn every front page reddit post into a full page story.

Bradach

Is there a time limit on handing in the completed fusion core to the gunsmith?

I can't be bothered wasting any more time tonight on waiting for public events

zewone

Ehm and how would you share that information?
I'm not talking beow average, I'm talking about average players.

The internet? I guess I'm confused by the question.

What comes to mind is another Bungie game. It was the search for the last skull's location in Halo 3.

The community figured out that by jumping through the hoops on a certain level they all played a different tone.

If you jumped through them in the right order you could play the Halo theme song and the last skull would appear.

The average game would not figure this out, but the type of user who would could enjoy the hunt. Once the information was common knowledge, even the average player knew how to get the last skull.

Isn't this exactly what happened? I doubt very many people noticed that the quest was available, then figured out the binary code on their own, then knew to wait for warsats... It was all shared by the community.

Also, google seems to be the key. There must be a ton of people out there searching for destiny content for all of these "news" sites to turn every front page reddit post into a full page story.

You're absolutely right. The code part was the only portion of this quest I enjoyed.

That was my argument earlier when someone defended the "dumbing down" of quests. What's the point of dumbing them down this much and still include something like this that would require a Google search anyways?

It amaze me there were day 1 videos telling you how to do the binary codes since the morning of the quest

Yup. Spindle was found in what, 2-3 hours max? The ghost was stumbled upon accidentally in the VoG quest? I mean....it's not a real mystery once it happens. Sure there's the mysteries of the one person with the Twilight Gap chest piece, but everything is revealed pretty fast. If Bungie really wanted to make a mystery that takes intelligence to solve, they would be putting clues into grimoire cards, making very very hidden objects in the world, maybe even adding timed things that only happen on certain times of the day. Small things like above, jumping through hoops in a certain order. Make it obfuscated, make it dense, don't be afraid to have this extremely hard 'fuck you' to the community that won't be completed by everyone even when they know the answer.

zewone

Yup. Spindle was found in what, 2-3 hours max? The ghost was stumbled upon accidentally in the VoG quest? I mean....it's not a real mystery once it happens. Sure there's the mysteries of the one person with the Twilight Gap chest piece, but everything is revealed pretty fast. If Bungie really wanted to make a mystery that takes intelligence to solve, they would be putting clues into grimoire cards, making very very hidden objects in the world, maybe even adding timed things that only happen on certain times of the day. Small things like above, jumping through hoops in a certain order. Make it obfuscated, make it dense, don't be afraid to have this extremely hard 'fuck you' to the community that won't be completed by everyone even when they know the answer.

Black Spindle was cool because there was a tough (at the time) challenge to earn it.

Also, the Black Hammer dismantling into a map/clue to it is awesome.

BfJXppP.jpg

at the end of the day no matter how hard the mystery is to solve someone would solve it and once its on the internet people just gonna follow the youtube video steps

so it sounds like you're blaming the internet

Top Bottom