• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Defence is the same? Huh? Show me a golden gun that lives through other supers, then heals to full when he kills you.

By defence is the same, I meant the way to stay alive is the same. i.e. the defensive tactic is to run away and not challenge, if you want to live through it.

Does Bungie know heroic strikes are totally shit? Everyone just quits at the start.

Either pull the most abandoned strikes from the playlist, introduce a cool down after two consecutive dropouts, or fix the strikes.

Is it just me or have randoms gotten worse since Taken King arrived? They shit up PVP, Court of Oryx and none of them know how to speed through Undying Mind.

I might go into fireteam-only mode.

zewone

Really?

Hmm. You know, golden gun is pretty much guaranteed kills when it goes off. What do people do when they hear it go off? They run. They run hard and fast. And if they don't, they die.

This isn't a whole lot different. You can throw more hammers that's true, but that's about the only difference that really matters and the defence is still the same. Hear the hammer? just run. The audible cue is quite clear and distinct. People who just want to challenge that super should expect a low chance of survival.

But you don't see a lot of golden guns these days because that's not the new hotness for hunters. That's not a titan problem!
GG doesn't get super armor.

All other super armors die to a sniper or a GG shot. Sunbreaker is the only class that can survive those.

Tovarisc

By defence is the same, I meant the way to stay alive is the same. i.e. the defensive tactic is to run away and not challenge, if you want to live through it.

Against Golgen Gun I just usually shoot hunter to the face as counter measurement, even Bladedancer I usually challenge with shotty and my melee.

Sunbreaker? That shit is so brokenly OP that you have to just hope he doesn't notice you or catch up to you.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Really?

Hmm. You know, golden gun is pretty much guaranteed kills when it goes off. What do people do when they hear it go off? They run. They run hard and fast. And if they don't, they die.

This isn't a whole lot different. You can throw more hammers that's true, but that's about the only difference that really matters and the defence is still the same. Hear the hammer? just run. The audible cue is quite clear and distinct. People who just want to challenge that super should expect a low chance of survival.

But you don't see a lot of golden guns these days because that's not the new hotness for hunters. That's not a titan problem!

It is a whole lot different.

But whatever. Once Trials starts, it will happen.

Does Bungie know heroic strikes are totally shit? Everyone just quits at the start.

Either pull the most abandoned strikes from the playlist, introduce a cool down after two consecutive dropouts, or fix the strikes.

Is it just me or have randoms gotten worse since Taken King arrived? They shit up PVP, Court of Oryx and none of them know how to speed through Undying Mind.

I might go into fireteam-only mode.

I have had a horrific time today getting anyone to complete a strike let alone actually help me. I've wiped on the beginning of the S.A.B.E.R strike a ton today with people who have 1/4 or less of the kills I have after each wipe. Then they bail out. I literally haven't had done two consecutive strikes due to this. Frustrating.

You can't run up and jump straight at somebody, activate Golden Gun, fire blindly in their general direction, get all of your health back instantly, and then run to the other side of the map and spawn kill them.

yes, of course. Because another sun breaker talent is to tell us in advance where the guy we killed just now will spawn so that we can make a bee line to that point.

Please.

God damn every day it's something cool and new that needs to be done. Wish this wasn't the case these past few days when I've been super busy with other stuff...

So how hard is the final sleeper mission?

maomaoIYP

It is a whole lot different.

But whatever. Once Trials starts, it will happen.

No need to wait for trials to experience it, I played elimination versus 3 sunbreakers last night.
My team was winning 3-2.
The next 3 rounds they just took turns to activate their supers, once per round. We didn't stand a chance.
If the map was widow's court we might have stood a chance, but it was anomaly.

Against Golgen Gun I just usually shoot hunter to the face as counter measurement, even Bladedancer I usually challenge with shotty and my melee.

Sunbreaker? That shit is so brokenly OP that you have to just hope he doesn't notice you or catch up to you.

Come on, man.

If you're 'shooting a hunter in the face' that has GG, and you win that engagement, then that hunter sucked ass and had no aim at all (even though GG has a 'please aim for me' perk)

Against a halfway decent hunter, I really doubt you're getting a whole lot of kills with GG unless he's terrible, doesn't see you or is after someone else.

Baliis

A shame Titans are the fastest class in the game and hammers can kill you around corners.

Come on, man.

If you're 'shooting a hunter in the face' that has GG, and you win that engagement, then that hunter sucked ass and had no aim at all (even though GG has a 'please aim for me' perk)

Against a halfway decent hunter, I really doubt you're getting a whole lot of kills with GG unless he's terrible, doesn't see you or is after someone else.

Or you one shot them with your sniper, which you can't do to Titans

NastyBook

The earth Warsat never spawns... Unreal.

Any other tricks besides public event website and sucking it up?
In the Mothyards? Nah, they must've dropped the frequency in which it shows up. When I PE farmed, Mothyards Warsat was a regular thing. Eliminate the Target was the one that showed up the least. Kill the miner Dregs was in the middle.

Definitely stick with Destiny Public Events. That site is the best.
Are we really complaining about sunbreakers again?
Leave Sunbreakers alone, y'all. I finally got a super for a Titan that wrecks in PvP. Let it alone!

I'd say do the First Firewall and Shadow Call mission just to be safe since those are the likeliest to "disappear" for a while if they do at all. After that it's just a matter of doing stuff that's always available. Want to team up? :D
i did the first firewall last night, and nothing else, and was good to go this morningg for the rest of it.
I did try shadow call once last night, though, and failed cause i fell asleep while fighting the witches at the end, lol.
edit: once you get SS, does the strike go away?

Tovarisc

yes, of course. Because another sun breaker talent is to tell us in advance where the guy we killed just now will spawn so that we can make a bee line to that point.

Please.

I think he was subtly saying that on top of all other sunbreaker BS it also lasts way, way too long. Sunbreaker is one man death squad running around on map for way too long, I don't even want to know how awful ToO will be with 3x Sunbreaker teams.

two void flayers dead.

no cloak
sadbron.png

I have had a horrific time today getting anyone to complete a strike let alone actually help me. I've wiped on the beginning of the S.A.B.E.R strike a ton today with people who have 1/4 or less of the kills I have after each wipe. Then they bail out. I literally haven't had done two consecutive strikes due to this. Frustrating.
I started the Saber strike, one guy left, the other guy was afk. Tried to solo it, died. By the time I re-spawned, the afk had left, the new guy had died and left. Kept trying as the game threw new players one after another as they kept dropping out. I swear I had six different people before the timer ran out and there was a wipe. Re-spawned with two new players. I turned Destiny off for the day.

EL CUCO

It's slow firing .50 cal sniper rifle of Destiny tho. You can OHK people across the map with that thing, even OHK sunbreaker titan...

...which means SS is OP and needs nerf
Lol I can do that with a rocket without waiting for it to charge.

LiK

Got SS and ToM. Done for the night. Big thanks to Gutz and Afro for that strike and some chill PVP. Thanks to RC for helping me it's the rest of ToM quest.

Hope to do raid tomorrow night and also complete the Chaperone quest. Completed a lot of quests this week. Feels good.

SheHateMe

I'm off of work tomorrow, so you know what that means...

IT'S MOTHERFUCKING RAID TIME!

After a successful Heroic Strike run with BlackSalad last night, not only did I get my Neuroghast Gauntlets, but it put me at a solid 294 (295 if I use my 295 Rare RL that I hate).

So, I guess it's time for a newbie raid! Who wants to join me tonight around Midnight EST for some raid goodness? I'm on PS4.

1. Me (PSN Instant__Vintage)
2. And you.
3. Yo momma.
4. And your cousin, too.
5. Raiding the Dreadnaught on Vogues
6. Coming up slamming Taken threat doors.

Repost, as I was in the bowels of the page.

Its so weird that the heavy armor class is fastest. It makes no sense.

Once you get something heavy moving, it's hard to stop moving. For example, a heavier car can maintain speed better than a lighter car, and usually means it goes faster. In terms of Destiny, it makes sense that a Titan can move faster when boosting in the air because he would get more speed due the weight of his armor than someone light like a Hunter(Who can get blown away by the slightest cough).

Once you get something heavy moving, it's hard to stop moving. For example, a heavier car can maintain speed better than a lighter car, and usually means it goes faster. In terms of Destiny, it makes sense that a Titan can move faster when boosting in the air because he would get more speed do due the weight of his armor than someone light like a Hunter(Who can get blown away by the slightest cough).

Wat

Once you get something heavy moving, it's hard to stop moving. For example, a heavier car can maintain speed better than a lighter car, and usually means it goes faster. In terms of Destiny, it makes sense that a Titan can move faster when boosting in the air because he would get more speed due the weight of his armor than someone light like a Hunter(Who can get blown away by the slightest cough).

Titans have jetpacks.

warlocks and hunters have to eat their Wheaties.

zewone

Come on, man.

Not that crazy. Sunbreaker would have lived this.
Np2mDWP.gif

Tovarisc

Come on, man.

You can outplay gunslinger and bladedancer hunters, depending on situation of course. I'm yet to figure out how I outplay sunbreaker titan that doesn't give flying fucks about incoming fire while lobs around homing mini nukes. Shooting at sunbreaker titan is pointless exercise.

Currently outplaying sunbreaker means hoping to get close enough that you can nova bomb his ass. "Well run away, duh!" isn't really attractive solution and I think there is design issue if only counter play is running away and hoping he doesn't catch up.

I don't think there is anything wrong with liking broken / OP stuff in games, but you should be able to admit that it's broken.

Not that crazy. Sunbreaker would have lived this.
Np2mDWP.gif

and we're done.

If this was ANY CLASS WITH A ROAMING SUPER OTHER THAN SUNBREAKER, the result would be the same as this gif.

If this was a Sunbreaker, they would have lived and you would have died from the missed hammer.

SpecX

Warsat has become the new horn. Will Xur sell an item to help it show up this week? I'm at Skywatch giving this one last try.

Top Bottom