• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

The guy who cant even understand what is happening on that gif is arguing like he knows better than all of us and sunbreaker arent OP because gunslingers and flame shield. Ok

Who is "all of us"? If you think I am alone in my thinking, I suspect you're not being realistic.

As for my interpretation of the GIF, it looks like someone requiring two shots to die once they have flame shield on. Its a simple misunderstanding if I am wrong.

Bogeypop

If you're doing arc i'll catch up with you after i do void. arc is the one i want the least lol

Or we could, you know, help each other get their respective Cloaks. I don't mind helping you get your Void one first. That way we don't have to team up with blueberries. And we hopefully get a 3rd GAF'r so we can do the Heroic Strike method (Load up Heroic Strike Playlist, if we don't get Dust Palace, go to Orbit, and repeat until desired outcome) which I feel has a better drop rate than just going to the Strike directly.

Frenden

Banned
I never have felt more like I'm living on a different Destiny planet than other players than when I see people defending Sunbreaker Titans' supers.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have pretty good luck though so I should be seeing one in under 12 games.

francis.png
Must be nice.

Or we could, you know, help each other get their respective Cloaks. I don't mind helping you get your Void one first.

it takes ages to find the strike and then do the strike and then be disappointed when the strike doesn't drop the cloak though.

just how long did you guys grind this shit?

Baliis

Who is "all of us"? If you think I am alone in my thinking, I suspect you're not being realistic.

As for my interpretation of the GIF, it looks like someone requiring two shots to die once they have flame shield on. Its a simple misunderstanding if I am wrong.

But he only shoots twice, and gets two kills. I mean, look at his ammo counter, he only has 2 rounds in to start.

Yes, nevermind. This is a fruitless discussion and i wont get into one of these again.

Tovarisc

I came expecting salt about shotguns getting nerfed. All I see is sun breaker complaints.

Oh well.

What shotgun nerf? You mean removal of shot package? I doubt anyone cares because Conspiracy-D with Rangefinder is still sniper rifle disguised as shotgun.

Bungie didn't even acknowledge that sunbreaker may be just tad overtuned and be tad too effective in PvP. But then they never reacted to community complaints about bladedancer back in the day.

Agent

I'm about 0/8 on earth warsat so far tonight and if you add up last night I'm probably about 0/13. This is getting obnoxious.

Bogeypop

it takes ages to find the strike and then do the strike and then be disappointed when the strike doesn't drop the cloak though.

just how long did you guys grind this shit?

Probably as long as you did just going to the Strike directly, but instead we actually GOT drops.

Tovarisc

In GIF is 2 shots fired. First shot kills low health warlock. Warlock uses fireborn and second shot OHK's warlock mid fireborn animation.

But he only shoots twice, and gets two kills. I mean, look at his ammo counter, he only has 2 rounds in to start.

I see it now. Where the gif was looping confused me.

To me it looked like one shot took him down, unshielded. Then he rezzed and it took two shots to kill him with flame shield. What I thought was the 2nd death shot was actually the beginning of the gif (the initial kill)

SnakeEyes

Banned
Or a rise in Titans
I haven't even logged into my Titan since TTK came out. There's so much to do, I'm taking it one character at a time. My Warlock's pretty much sorted, and now I'm putting efforts into my Hunter for that Nightstalker support class.

Baliis

I still cannot decide on a primary for Trials. I feel like HC and scout rifles aren't gonna cut it, but I hate pulse rifles so much lol.

Bogeypop

you're going through the strike itself?....

...i'm using the playlist >.>

i'll join you after this

No, no, no. I thought you were going to the Strike directly. When I did it with a full team full of GAF'rs,
so no one gets on me for being a "Strike Quitter"
we'd go to the Heroic Strike Playlist, if Dust Palace didn't show up, we'd go back to Orbit, and repeat until we did get it. Sometimes we'd get lucky and alternate between Dust Palace then Taniks Strike and get the "Strike Streak Bonus".

That being said, we need 1 more for Cloak farming! Come get your frabulous on!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Extraction crew, extraction crew, extraction crew, etc. The Fallen must be broke if they are farming for glimmer so much.

But at the same time I think there's more than a little "I used to be OP, now I am not the OP hotness that I was used to being" sentiment in the air (not saying you specifically, but if there's any admitting that needs to happen, it's more on that side than anything else).

Basically, people who thought they had the game under their thumb and that they could dominate PvP with other classes have had their worlds rocked a bit, and they don't like it much. If Bungie feels strongly that its crazy OP, they would do something about it.

Totally false and a convenient dodge. I know that the Sunbreaker super is way too powerful because I use it. It's never more salient than when I am countering multiple supers at once in mayhem using no dodging or skill. I'm not the only one.

In fact, this idea that people good at PvP are crying about one super because they don't like that class is almost comically nonsensical. Almost all people ran one Titan before TTK, and they sure as hell will run one now.

It's possible to think the super is bullshit and not be in some Warlock or Hunter lobbying group or whatever.

KanameYuuki

I'm off of work tomorrow, so you know what that means...

IT'S MOTHERFUCKING RAID TIME!

After a successful Heroic Strike run with BlackSalad last night, not only did I get my Neuroghast Gauntlets, but it put me at a solid 294 (295 if I use my 295 Rare RL that I hate).

So, I guess it's time for a newbie raid! Who wants to join me tonight around Midnight EST for some raid goodness? I'm on PS4.

1. Me (PSN Instant__Vintage)
2. And you.
3. Yo momma.
4. And your cousin, too.
5. Raiding the Dreadnaught on Vogues
6. Coming up slamming Taken threat doors.

I'll join you. PSN Josh-Shiki

zewone

No, no, no. I thought you were going to the Strike directly. When I did it with a full team full of GAF'rs,
we'd go to the Heroic Strike Playlist, if Dust Palace didn't show up, we'd go back to Orbit, and repeat until we did get it. Sometimes we'd get lucky and alternate between Dust Palace then Taniks Strike and get the "Strike Streak Bonus".

You still need one for cloak farming?

You can load the strike from the director to grind it.

tumblr_m6mzrs0OOl1rr7c36.gif

Alright Bogey, i'm all yours. Another strike, another sigh.

oh. Yea I was just doing the normal playlist and I left as soon as I knew the strike wasn't dust palace. Not exactly fair for my teammates, but i figure it's better than leaving midway or after it's already loaded.

zewone

Yep, just waiting on Zoba. Which Cloak(s) are you looking for? I don't mind getting my Arc Cloak last so we can get Zoba's his first then yours.
I'll take arc or solar. I don't really mind grinding void though because I want tread upon stars as well.

KanameYuuki

Yep, just waiting on Zoba. Which Cloak(s) are you looking for? I don't mind getting my Arc Cloak last so we can get Zoba's his first then yours.

Awww I want to farm for the cloak too, if there is 1 free spot please let me know, I want they void one so badly.

Top Bottom