• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Mupod

I don't get the crying about warlock melee. The shield doesn't even go up and you die from a trade anyways 90% of the time even if you're not getting shotgunned at 30 yards and this is shotguns: the movie: the game. Only reason to play sunsinger is based firebolt grenade.

zewone

So would a self revive sunsinger with flame shield, yes?
No.

Not even a sunsinger with revive shield.
moQwbkw.gif

squadr0n

Looking for an open spot in a Raid Group for PS4. Dont care if its a full clear or not, Ive gotten as far as the War Priest boss fight.

PSN: sQuadon
Light Level 295 Warlock

God damn game. People fucking afking in the 280 strike for the Sleeper Simulant.

I got killed earlier by Hunter melee in Sunbreaker super mode. Hunter knives are OP yo

Always the last ditch effort to kill someone. Hope they can't target you in melee range and let your knife do some work.

SnakeEyes

Banned
It is a whole lot different.

But whatever. Once Trials starts, it will happen.
Trials will be the first real eye-opener, and I'm hoping like Hell that it will at least take some of the shitshow out of Iron Banner (but I know it won't take all of it out.)

I can foresee a drop in people attempting Trials, or even playing PvP at all, across the board unless something is changed.

Wont be any Rams in Trials though
No Achlyophage Symbiote for Hunters either, so no 4th Golden Gun shot.

Mupod

Looking to Raid tonight at 8pm central roughly. Anyone up for it? We have room for 3!

1.) ShadowKayos
2.) MeowFZ
3.) BGZKinsella
4.)
5.)
6.)

is this still happening? If I don't start a raid in the next 20 minutes or so I'm not sure if I'll have a chance at any more clears this week.

You can outplay gunslinger and bladedancer hunters, depending on situation of course. I'm yet to figure out how I outplay sunbreaker titan that doesn't give flying fucks about incoming fire while lobs around homing mini nukes. Shooting at sunbreaker titan is pointless exercise.

Currently outplaying sunbreaker means hoping to get close enough that you can nova bomb his ass. "Well run away, duh!" isn't really attractive solution and I think there is design issue if only counter play is running away and hoping he doesn't catch up.

I don't think there is anything wrong with liking broken / OP stuff in games, but you should be able to admit that it's broken.

All I will admit, if that's even the right word to use, is that there's always some element of OP going on with some talent of some class, constantly. I've pointed out more than one that still goes on. The ones I've pointed out are ones that affect the entire match.

What is being discussed here is a super which lasts for a short period of time. Is it the best super? Yes, I 'admit' that it is.

But at the same time I think there's more than a little "I used to be OP, now I am not the OP hotness that I was used to being" sentiment in the air (not saying you specifically, but if there's any admitting that needs to happen, it's more on that side than anything else).

Basically, people who thought they had the game under their thumb and that they could dominate PvP with other classes have had their worlds rocked a bit, and they don't like it much. If Bungie feels strongly that its crazy OP, they would do something about it.

I suspect they are taking the right position and letting people figure out strategies and counters, and if people can't then running away is always a viable counter (like I *had* to do against GG because I can't just one shot peeps in the face with a sniper in a clutch situation, I am not that good with snipers).

Baliis

Trials will be the first real eye-opener, and I'm hoping like Hell that it will at least take some of the shitshow out of Iron Banner (but I know it won't take all of it out.)

I can foresee a drop in people attempting Trials, or even playing PvP at all, across the board unless something is changed.

Or a rise in Titans

You guys want to talk about OPness?

Let me tell you about Sunsingers....They can revive. After they're dead. With extra armor. That is. Insane. INSANE. And they get a shield on their melee and it becomes a 1 hit kill. And infinite grenade spamming!

Insanity.

lt519

haha just did the sleeper stimulant quest tethered to LTE on my phone and halfway through I ran out of data and got cut to HSPA speeds. Was booted and reconnected like 4 times, never again. Only did it because my data resets in 3 hours.

Avixph

No.

Not even a sunsinger with revive shield.
moQwbkw.gif

Does radiant skin still survive sniper headshots? First time I saw that happening I put my sniper down for a while.

Sunbreaker should barely have more armor than bladedancer but it shouldn't be removed completely. High impact snipers should be able to kill them in a headshot.

Tovarisc

So would a self revive sunsinger with flame shield, yes?

No, sunsinger would drop down like sag of potatoes from that hit. Self revived or increased armor perk, headshot from sniper rifle drop sunsinger.

Ram was broken as fuck and deserved nerf it got, shame it took Bungie forever to nerf it.

All I will admit, if that's even the right word to use, is that there's always some element of OP going on with some talent of some class, constantly. I've pointed out more than one that still goes on. The ones I've pointed out are ones that affect the entire match.

What is being discussed here is a super which lasts for a short period of time. Is it the best super? Yes, I 'admit' that it is.

But at the same time I think there's more than a little "I used to be OP, now I am not the OP hotness that I was used to being" sentiment in the air (not saying you specifically, but if there's any admitting that needs to happen, it's more on that side than anything else).

Basically, people who thought they had the game under their thumb and that they could dominate PvP with other classes have had their worlds rocked a bit, and they don't like it much. If Bungie feels strongly that its crazy OP, they would do something about it.

I suspect they are taking the right position and letting people figure out strategies and counters, and if people can't then running away is always a viable counter (like I *had* to do against GG because I can't just one shot peeps in the face with a sniper in a clutch situation, I am not that good with snipers).

Ah yes. Its only broken if Bungie fixes it right away.

Thorn only lasted a couple weeks right guys?

Also if people cant find a strategy against sunbreaker its just more proof that its broken.

you're showing a clip of a sun singer requiring two snipes to die as proof of...what? That I'm right?

Err...

Gunslinger, Bladedancer, Sunsinger, Nightstalker and Stormcaller can all be sniped by one high-impact sniper round or shotgun+meleed while in their super. Sunbreaker cannot.

Gunslinger is the only super that can be killed by one rocket, but heavy ammo being a counter to a super is irrelevant because of its availability.

What you're most likely to have on you at any given moment - primary, grenades and special - are the main methods by which the ability to counter a super should be balanced against. Right now, the Sunbreaker's ability to be countered is disproportionate both to its kill potential and its ease of use. It's broken.

Nobody wants Titans to be nerfed to irrelevancy, but just because they weren't "competitive" before doesn't mean they should be OP now. This game doesn't need an "age of Titans' anymore than it needs not another age of one weapon archetype.

LTWood12

I got killed earlier by Hunter melee in Sunbreaker super mode. Hunter knives are OP yo

and we're done.

If this was ANY CLASS WITH A ROAMING SUPER OTHER THAN SUNBREAKER, the result would be the same as this gif.

If this was a Sunbreaker, they would have lived and you would have died from the missed hammer.

Not sure I'm gonna have time for the agoranach rune or the sword strike tonight. I'll know in the next hour or so. Really sorry. Real life stuff.

Atkison04

Looking for 1 more for fresh kings fall raid on ps4. Kicking off as soon as everyone joins in. Psn id the7thAssassin

All are welcome

Then I am missing it, because it looks like he has his super shield up and it takes two hits to down him after that.

But, whatever.

The guy who cant even understand what is happening on that gif is arguing like he knows better than all of us and sunbreaker arent OP because gunslingers and flame shield. Ok

Edit: on second thought this is too agressive but its mostly because i am disappointed in pvp atm and not just because of sunbreakers.

Ah yes. Its only broken if Bungie fixes it right away.

Thorn only lasted a couple weeks right guys?

Also if people cant find a strategy against sunbreaker its just more proof that its broken.

Bungie fixes weapon and armor issues. They've never addressed subclass talents that are OP (i.e. warlocks in bathrobe outpunching titans)

That got fixed never.

So I guess it's not broken, right?

You can pick and choose the points that serve your arguments and ignore mine. Do so at your pleasure, I don't mind. But I enjoyed plenty of frustration at something that was insanely broken and died hundreds of times to punch engagements with warlocks. Never fixed. Insanely OP.

Bungie's answer was to give them the RAM.

Warlocks (or Hunters for that matter) having better melee than Titans is a design issue, but that doesn't make those classes broken.

There is nothing inherently wrong with Sunbreaker from a design perspective. It just isn't balanced.

Thanks for the raid guys! Was awesome fun, shit load of jumping though.

Got shards, shards and more shards for my efforts!

Also got gauntlets and the HC from Oryx!

What's the deal with the HC? Any good?

Bogeypop

two void flayers dead.

no cloak
sadbron.png

It's dangerous to go alone, take this! (Me so I can get my Arc Cloak)

On a completely unrelated note I just noticed I'm locked out of the Daily on my Titan because I apparently didn't do the Eris Mission requirement? Despite using a Spark to boost my Titan from Lvl 1 to 25 I still went back and did every story mission so that's strange...

Helping Macello get one win to finish his Crucible quest line then I'd be down for that SS strike if you still need to do it.
Does the strike still stay in the director after one completes it?
I didn't get the strike today, but i finished my item today, and am intrigued by the notion that perhaps i can try the strike and obtain SS.
think it will work?

It's dangerous to go alone, take this! (Me so I can get my Arc Cloak)

On a completely unrelated note I just noticed I'm locked out of the Daily on my Titan because I apparently didn't do the Eris Mission requirement? Despite using a Spark to boost my Titan from Lvl 1 to 25 I still went back and did every story mission so that's strange...

If you're doing arc i'll catch up with you after i do void. arc is the one i want the least lol

Top Bottom