• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Have you heard of people getting Red Death or Bad Juju from NF or from Oryx or from the KF chest or from the Shaxx weekly bounties?

Just asking, and presumably you can get Bad Juju that way, but you currently can not get either Red Death or Bad Juju from an exotic engram so who knows...

I just assumed but now I am questioning it....

I think I saw Red Death posted in Nightfall rewards before

LiK

Just keep rocking the 3oC and it'll happen eventually. FINALLY got mine earlier this week. A little salty that it dropped at 290, but it's still a beast.

hoping Rahool just gives it to me during next rank up. I've gotten an exotic year 2 gun after every rank up since TTK came out.

rNilla

It's a shame that the brief moment in time where almost everything is viable--whites, greens, blues; greens can drop higher than equipped blues--is just that, instead of a bigger part of the core game. It's the tease of a deeper loot game which obviously this is not. The end game is just "hope you get that gun that you like with the perks you want at the highest number possible."

I dislike that the game can feel discouraging towards experimenting with other weapons and gear. In most ways it's a lot better because there are more options, but because of Light Level and the assumption that it affects your drops and decrypts makes me not want to equip something that's slightly lower, so I either trash it or spend a lot of time trying to infuse.

Ravager61

Anyone running the raid this weekend that wants to take a newbie along with them? I am sitting around 290 light right now and I haven't done a raid yet. I have a microphone.

PSN: CandleGoat61

A couple of sword-related questions with a high probability of having been asked (and answered) before:

1. During which point in the quest chain am I free to infuse the other swords in order to skip the PvP part? Reaching the farming part is enough, correct?

2. Any particular route I should keep in mind while farming legendary mats?

Does anyone have the Reddit link for which exotics can drop from engrams for each class? Trying to figure out how many exotic gauntlet engrams to buy on each class. I can only think of the following list which might be wrong/incomplete.

Titan: no back up plans, ruin wings, immolation fists.
Hunter: young ahamkara spine, sealed ahamkara, don't touch me
Warlock: impossible machines, claws of ahamkara, sunbreaker.

demonkaze

Anyone running the raid this weekend that wants to take a newbie along with them? I am sitting around 290 light right now and I haven't done a raid yet. I have a microphone.

PSN: CandleGoat61

Actually second this myself, at 295 light warlock and looking to do my first raid, got a mic.

PSN:AstraerLavia

Does anyone have the Reddit link for which exotics can drop from engrams for each class? Trying to figure out how many exotic gauntlet engrams to buy on each class. I can only think of the following list which might be wrong/incomplete.

Is this https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mstpq/current_droppableengram_exotic_loot_table/ the one you are looking for?

LTWood12

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mstpq/current_droppableengram_exotic_loot_table/

Here ya go.

edit: Beaten. So here's some Return of the Mack to make up for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

Tovarisc

And on this day it was complete, collection of swords.
CQ5LF8BWcAAPIue.jpg:orig

Thank you Inapplicable & hedera_ for last smooth run in that special strike :b

Deku Tree

No sun breakers. No year 2 version yet. Otherwise you've got it right. Those are the ones that drop.

noomi

I'm trying to scrape together a basic PVP setup for IB and Trials.

Is Knucklehead worth getting from Xur? Seems to be popular in PVP.

I ordered an ARI-45, too. But it won't be here until Wednesday.

Banshee-44 needs to offer Prime 2 day shipping. Maybe with microtransactions it'll be possible.

Knucklehead radar is.... ok. I really only use it sometimes.

And on this day it was complete, collection of swords.
CQ5LF8BWcAAPIue.jpg:orig

Thank you Inapplicable & hedera_ for last smooth run in that special strike :b

Nicely done, now you can breathe a sigh of relief knowing you will never need to endure the terrors of that farming ever again.

A couple of sword-related questions with a high probability of having been asked (and answered) before:

1. During which point in the quest chain am I free to infuse the other swords in order to skip the PvP part? Reaching the farming part is enough, correct?

2. Any particular route I should keep in mind while farming legendary mats?

1.) yes, get your first quest to the farming part then transfer the other two legendary swords to that same character. Infuse them above 280 and max out their XP and you will get the other two exotic sword quests on that same character. Skips the steps for 25 PvP kills, 50 major kills and go kill the sword guy on Dreadnaught patrol.

2.) Go to orbit. Change your PSN date back one day in your settings. Load into patrol, it will now be your own instance so nobody else can join. Use the zone in/out exploit to continuously farm the same material nodes. I found two nodes near the Rocketyard entrance, grabbed them both then sparrow back to Divide then back to Rocketyard. Repeat as needed. Took 40 minutes to get all ten fancy spin metals.

You can find the same types of nodes between Archer's Line, Anchor of Light and/or Hellmouth zone edges. Same thing for places like Buried City or Scablands on Mars.

September K/D: 1.45
October K/D: 1.12

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck Crucible Quests. Locking subclass emblems behind quests that require me to get 20 melee kills with my puny Titan arms per subclass blows. So glad to have that done and just to be able to play how I want again (with that sweet Defender emblem).

Deku Tree

Oh so if that's right then Red Death year 2 can drop from NF, Oryx, KF chest, and Shaxx bounties...

But the only way to get Bad Juju year 2 is from a year 1 legacy primary engram...

...anyone seen Bad Juju year 2 drop from NF, Oryx, KF chest, or Shaxx bounties?

Kyne

Alright, trying to get this filled for a fresh King's Fall run tonight at 8pm CT (7 hours from this post)

All I ask is that you have a mic and be friendly/patient.

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. NostalgiaUltraa
4. JohnofMars

Need 2 more! Leave your PSN pls.

Jafku

Still a pretty good ROI considering that helmet would cost you 13 coins at 280, vs the equivalent of 9/10 you spent to get a 290 one. Hell buying a helmet engram would cost you 19 SC.

that is true. Wish it was 310 though. My Hunter decrypted it at LL 302 lol

1.) yes, get your first quest to the farming part then transfer the other two legendary swords to that same character. Infuse them above 280 and max out their XP and you will get the other two exotic sword quests on that same character. Skips the steps for 25 PvP kills, 50 major kills and go kill the sword guy on Dreadnaught patrol.

2.) Go to orbit. Change your PSN date back one day in your settings. Load into patrol, it will now be your own instance so nobody else can join. Use the zone in/out exploit to continuously farm the same material nodes. I found two nodes near the Rocketyard entrance, grabbed them both then sparrow back to Divide then back to Rocketyard. Repeat as needed. Took 40 minutes to get all ten fancy spin metals.

You can find the same types of nodes between Archer's Line, Anchor of Light and/or Hellmouth zone edges. Same thing for places like Buried City or Scablands on Mars.

Huh, didn't know about this. Looks like it's going to prevent a lot of headaches. Thanks!

Alright, trying to get this filled for a fresh King's Fall run tonight at 8pm CT (7 hours from this post)

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. NostalgiaUltraa
4. JohnofMars
Alt: HTVfanatic

I can possibly be there, you can list me as an alt. PSN:HTVfanatic

I was just reading (from a few days ago) that you can now Solo Skolas using the sword block against his poison. I might just give that a try tonight for the hell of it. I never did get two of the exotics from that expansion.

Oh so if that's right then Red Death year 2 can drop from NF, Oryx, KF chest, and Shaxx bounties...

But the only way to get Bad Juju year 2 is from a year 1 legacy primary engram...

...anyone seen Bad Juju year 2 drop from NF, Oryx, KF chest, or Shaxx bounties?

the only bad juju i saw was bought from the collection

Lnkn52

Bookmarked.

Raybunny

Not be able to join a party cause of PSN issues makes for a dull Destiny experience. Even worse on bloodborne helping a friend. hope tomorrow its fixed cause Id like to start a newbie raid.

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. NostalgiaUltraa
4. JohnofMars

I can go if you'll take a newbie. Have 297 light level, Defender Titan.

Appletz on PSN

Top Bottom