• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Did the exotic dark blade strike with two ransoms, both of which had a void sword and then proceeded to kill the void knight immediately. WTF? Do people not even look at the quest notes? I just instantly left. Going to have to do it with some GAFers later. Need to do it for all three swords too.

Not currently. Your Ghost, Artifact and Legs slots would not get beyond 300 at the moment.

No. The raid is the only currently available way to 310 Ghost, Class Armor and Boots. Maybe Trials will change that. I doubt 310 will matter for anything outside the raid, even Trials. Being Lv33 vs Lv34 made very little difference in HoW Trials.

Ok Thanks. Have they said what level Iron Banner Gear will be? I assume it will be Vendor level 280.

TY Gutz!!!

Question: Can you get the Flayers' Cloak from the level 20 strike? Gutz said he got the Taniks cloak from selecting the strike, but I don't want to run the Flayers' strike until I know the cloak can drop.

Mindlog

Did the exotic dark blade strike with two ransoms, both of which had a void sword and then proceeded to kill the void knight immediately. WTF? Do people not even look at the quest notes? I just instantly left. Going to have to do it with some GAFers later. Need to do it for all three swords too.
Did it earlier this week. Two of us needed Void/Solar and the other Arc. Dodging everything can get sticky, but we downed all 3 at once.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I just finished that bit. Third game in rumble and a random noticed I was running around with just the hilt. Afterwards he/she would stop and let me kill them whenever I was nearby. Managed to get my 25 kills thanks to that kind soul.

And now to never set foot in Crucible again~

Me and 2 friends were trying to boost those kills in a rumble match and actually ran into 3 other people doing the exact same thing. Other than a few early (misunderstanding) kills we completely left each other alone. Waves when running by. Pointing to where their friends were on our way past and such. Was amazing honestly.

They even came over and helped my buddy finish up his last 5 kills at the end of the match. Was a little kind of amazing actually.

Nah had a few hours with a friend on it. Really unbalanced and bad players.
Floating around 5-6KD before i started playing the walker mode thing, super unbalanced for rebel side.

So all in all im more or less done with the beta. Not as fun as i hoped it would be.

The game is beautiful though. Are you still going to buy it when it releases or are you on the fence now?

SnakeEyes

Banned
TY Gutz!!!

Question: Can you get the Flayers' Cloak from the level 20 strike? Gutz said he got the Taniks cloak from selecting the strike, but I don't want to run the Flayers' strike until I know the cloak can drop.
While it hasn't been officially confirmed, I believe that you get higher chances of the Strike-specific drops from the Heroic Strikes playlist.

Ok, I saved the vid because I know nobody is gonna believe me on this and I'll post later, but my Oryx kill on my warlock got me a RARE Engram and 2 Shards...

That's everything I got from that Oryx kill... This doesn't seem right...

Did you have 20+ mouldering shards on that character? Were they consumed? 2 shards are guaranteed from all 5 loot drops. The rare engram was just a random enemy drop, not a raid encounter loot drop (it's not in the table). I've done a kill with <20 shards that only gave me 2 shards, primary is not guaranteed after the first kill.

I'm still a little confused about the 2 shards for 20. Has anyone actually gotten 4 shards from Oryx? Because just those 2 shards are the normal drop, anything else is from the extra roll for primaries and/or mouldering shard consumption.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Have ever said to yourself, my Titan feels as powerful as a bulldozer and as fast a bullet. "But I'm not these things. I'm a guy who eats potato chips in front of my TV for hours while playing Destiny. Why can't my Titan look me?" Well look no further than Twilight Garrison:

Iz16ZFh.png
7mip6qi.png

Armor for your sagging beer gut.

"But, Epyon," I hear you say, "I'm actually a 19th Century French hunchback who lives in a church. Where's the armor for me?"

Well, you're in luck! There's Twilight Garrison. So you have a hideous hump on your back:
EL6BnHy.png

(Titans get the worst Exotics. I should know, since I am one.)
*shrug* I like it. wish it took shaders though, that's a bit bizarre

Trakan

Looks to me like it's a bug that this is obtainable in the game. It has special ammo, and heavy ammo perk. New exotics have extra ammo for a specific gun perk not blanket extra heavy ammo. Wonder how much sword ammo or simulant ammo you get with it?

Alchemist's Raiment has the perk as well. It's an awesome perk, makes me want the Garrison. Not only do you find more special/heavy ammo, but you hold more as well. I think Raiment is easily the best Warlock exotic, and it doesn't even need the stupid glimmer perk.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The game is beautiful though. Are you still going to buy it when it releases or are you on the fence now?

Well seeing as my main platform is PC the game is stunning on Hoth.
But the gameplay itself seems "hollow" and "meh" at best.

I'm more likely to enjoy the PvE aspect like survival and such compared to the PvP.

Prob pick it up on sale.

yup 56 minutes and nothing to show for it.

does anyone need the strike for the solar exotic sword? i'm not doing this again unless everyone is going for the same element. keeping 3 fucking wardens alive in that arena simultaneously is stupid.

Ok Thanks. Have they said what level Iron Banner Gear will be? I assume it will be Vendor level 280.

Nobody knows yet. Best guess is 280 like you said (the ones you can buy from Lord Saladbar) and then ones that drop during matches will be randomized based on your currently equipped Light level, same as current Crucible gear drops. Maybe everything will be 280 but I doubt they'd go higher than that.

Since Trials has the same recommended 290 Light as the raid it will likely drop gear between 300-310, same as raid.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
yup 56 minutes and nothing to show for it.

does anyone need the strike for the solar exotic sword? i'm not doing this again unless everyone is going for the same element. keeping 3 fucking wardens alive in that arena simultaneously is stupid.

Two at once is stupid hard. Three? How would you ever stop fucking running to actually damage down the boss?

That sounds hurrible.

Great. Last 2 players in clash get legendary engrams. Everyone else gets low level blues. Will this ever be addressed?

They said they already addressed it awhile back, higher chances for top players. The results never seemed very apparent though. Personally I don't mind, none of the current Crucible drops are that great and it's important to incentivize less skilled players to keep playing.

TY Gutz!!!

Yes you can. Nobody knows the actual drop rates unfortunately.

Born2Live

Looking to do the raid later today, in maybe 30-40 minutes.

We already got three people, all experienced, so we need 3 more dudes!

1. Klyka1
2. Helloween4554
3. Stiff_Ninja
4. commish
5. Ty_84
6. darknil

alright we got a group! will be jumping on in like 15 minutes and then we get this show rolling!

Massive shout out to this raid group. Such I chill group to raid with. Managed to get my first completion and the gear to finally push me out of the 295-299 ghetto and into 300+ paradise. Klyka1's coordination was spot on and made all of the encounters quite simple, brilliant job.

Ty

Deku Tree

Anyone could have the wrong spec on any class and make it harder on themselves. What is your issue with the Warlock jump? I get this repeated to me constantly by friends but no one can adequately convey why it's so inferior to them. FWIW, I probably jump cancel a lot more than the average person and the floatiness is a very good thing to me, not bad.

I hate how the Titan drops like a rock.

Warlock has really low base agility. So for example if you are spec'd out for the lowest agility, and you are running the relic on the daughters then because the relic gives an additional agility debuff it's impossible to jump from the ground to dunk the daughters with a warlock. The other two classes don't have those kinds of problems with their jump.

Kyne

My friend dropped out! D:

Need 1 more the KF raid. Starting in an hour and 15.

A reminder that you need to have a mic and be friendly/patient.

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. ??????????????
4. JohnofMars
5. Appletz
6. hypoetical

Alt1: HTVfanatic

Reply with your psn!

Been reading some more lore stuff, this game has such interesting things hidden in the grimoire. The Vex timefuckery is just mind-bending stuff.

Top Bottom