• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

When I did the paradox daily story secret mission, I had to change my jumping specs to be able to make it into the alternate path to the Templar as a warlock... On a Titan or a Hunter I could jump into the alternate path with any specs.

As a warlock if you're not running focused burst, you're doing it wrong.

phen0m24

With the warlock immediately double tap X. That's the end of that.

Otherwise you're a lead balloon.

The only one that you don't have to do so is the Hunter.

PatDH

So, can someone throw me some suggestions for a decent Pulse Rjfle to use in the Crucible?

I have a Hawksaw, not sure on the perk roll but I'll try it out today. Can anyone name drop some others?

Only requirements are that it has to be Y2 and not an exotic. Thanks :)

Ok, I saved the vid because I know nobody is gonna believe me on this and I'll post later, but my Oryx kill on my warlock got me a RARE Engram and 2 Shards...

That's everything I got from that Oryx kill... This doesn't seem right...

Mupod

one big room, full of dead oryxes

thanks everyone for indulging my desire to take down the sisters first. Raiding is tough for me schedule-wise this week and I wasn't expecting to be able to get anything done tonight.

And now I have to drive for anywhere between 4 and 6 hours depending on traffic...

Looks like shit tho D: I feel most titan Y2 stuff looks horrible.

Yea Y2 stuff look wack. Also still having fun with Battlefront? I want some new maps. . but this is day one buy for me once I upgrade my HDD.

Speaking of which DGAF: What is the best 2TB+ HDD I can get for my PS4, I only have 11GB left. .

SnakeEyes

Banned
Ok, I saved the vid because I know nobody is gonna believe me on this and I'll post later, but my Oryx kill on my warlock got me a RARE Engram and 2 Shards...

Praise be to RNGesus.

CMnRM_RUEAArJzr.jpg

inthrall

If you didnt have 20 shards when beating him, you don't get the guaranteed loot

check your postmaster

2 shards is one of the rewards you can get from oryx, so tough luck

What is your issue with the Warlock jump? I get this repeated to me constantly by friends but no one can adequately convey why it's so inferior to them.

Warlock glide is the slowest jump. It also gets the least height of any class (if Hunters are using Bones). Titans have the fastest jump and the highest jump. Hunters have the most precise control and mid-air maneuverability.

The one advantage for glide over other classes is hang time, but that's rarely important. There aren't many circumstances where you need to jump a far horizontal distance or hang in-air a long time and time isn't a factor. The slow speed is the key problem, for PvE and PvP. Plus they have the lowest base agility.

I've done every part of every raid on all 3 classes. Warlock glide can be great for giving you more time to land on the Daughters/Oryx platforms. It won't limit you from accomplishing or even excelling at anything in the game. But it's still slow.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Been there bro.

darknil

Looking to do the raid later today, in maybe 30-40 minutes.

We already got three people, all experienced, so we need 3 more dudes!

Thanks Klyka for all the patience specially explaining the mechanics for Oryx, I was confused but once we started with the right rhythm we were on a roll!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yea Y2 stuff look wack. Also still having fun with Battlefront? I want some new maps. . but this is day one buy for me once I upgrade my HDD.

Speaking of which DGAF: What is the best 2TB+ HDD I can get for my PS4, I only have 11GB left. .

Nah had a few hours with a friend on it. Really unbalanced and bad players.
Floating around 5-6KD before i started playing the walker mode thing, super unbalanced for rebel side.

So all in all im more or less done with the beta. Not as fun as i hoped it would be.

Anyone want to help me get these 25 sword kills in the crucible? and by help I mean be a standing dummy
I just finished that bit. Third game in rumble and a random noticed I was running around with just the hilt. Afterwards he/she would stop and let me kill them whenever I was nearby. Managed to get my 25 kills thanks to that kind soul.

And now to never set foot in Crucible again~

Is it possible to hit 310 without Raiding? I am not impressed by this Raid. The loot is pretty crappy, and the Raid takes to long. IMO

No. The raid is the only currently available way to 310 Ghost, Class Armor and Boots. Maybe Trials will change that. I doubt 310 will matter for anything outside the raid, even Trials. Being Lv33 vs Lv34 made very little difference in HoW Trials.

Edit: yeah 310 artifact too. Requires raid completion at least once.

Mupod

Warlock glide is the slowest jump. It also gets the least height of any class (if Hunters are using Bones). Titans have the fastest jump and the highest jump. Hunters have the most precise control and mid-air maneuverability.

The one advantage for glide over other classes is hang time, but that's rarely important. There aren't many circumstances where you need to jump a far horizontal distance or hang in-air a long time and time isn't a factor. The slow speed is the key problem, for PvE and PvP. Plus they have the lowest base agility.

I've done every part of every raid on all 3 classes. Warlock glide can be great for giving you more time to land on the Daughters/Oryx platforms. It won't limit you from accomplishing or even excelling at anything in the game. But it's still slow.

maybe it's just because it was my main (only) class for a long time but I find Warlock jump to be perfect for everything in the raid. Outside of that though I constantly feel myself missing the speed you can get on a Titan.

Have ever said to yourself, my Titan feels as powerful as a bulldozer and as fast a bullet. "But I'm not these things. I'm a guy who eats potato chips in front of my TV for hours while playing Destiny. Why can't my Titan look me?" Well look no further than Twilight Garrison:

Iz16ZFh.png
7mip6qi.png

Armor for your sagging beer gut.

"But, Epyon," I hear you say, "I'm actually a 19th Century French hunchback who lives in a church. Where's the armor for me?"

Well, you're in luck! There's Twilight Garrison. So you have a hideous hump on your back:
EL6BnHy.png

(Titans get the worst Exotics. I should know, since I am one.)

Klyka

Banned
Thanks Klyka for all the patience specially explaining the mechanics for Oryx, I was confused but once we started with the right rhythm we were on a roll!

All good mate, worked out perfectly :)

We had weird bugged attempts too but took it like champs :D

Top Bottom