• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

They said they already addressed it awhile back, higher chances for top players. The results never seemed very apparent though. Personally I don't mind, none of the current Crucible drops are that great and it's important to incentivize less skilled players to keep playing.

That does sound familiar. Come to think of it I recall them saying they were going to do that. It has not been noticeable. I'm fine with anyone being able to get good drops, bit I feel like top 3 should have a 10% increased chance of decent loot. It doesn't matter much though since most of the loot is garbage.

Can't wait the vid right now. Why's the Twilight Garrison jank?

The perk looks interesting. Enhances the best part of Titans, mobility*.

I just hate the looks. Makes the Titan look like a chunky slob with no neck, rather than an agile, fast running back.

* The classes are so weird now. Titans are supposed to tanks, are instead super-fast & agile. Warlocks are supposed to be the best at recovery, but are instead incredible tanks.

Deku Tree

Alchemist's Raiment has the perk as well. It's an awesome perk, makes me want the Garrison. Not only do you find more special/heavy ammo, but you hold more as well. I think Raiment is easily the best Warlock exotic, and it doesn't even need the stupid glimmer perk.

Alchemists Raiment seems buggy to because it says extra heavy in the pop up description but when you inspect it it says extra rocket launcher ammo. But the perk it apparently gives extra ammo for sleeper simulant. That's weird.

The garrison apparently doesn't appear in the kiosk even after you get it, and only like a hand full of people have gotten it, and it has more powerful heavy ammo and special ammo perks than most all of the current exotic chest pieces.

I'm assuming it's not intended that people are able to get it now and the exotic may not have been in releasable balanced form. And I'm wondering if next weeks patch will remove it.

Nightfall is literally the biggest waste of time in Destiny right now.

Our rewards were 2 warlock bonds and titan gauntlets...GARBAGE.

It's not worth the hasle, and on top of that we don't get marks or rep. Not doing anymore Nightfalls, I'd rather blow through 100 Three of Coins in patrols or Heroic strikes.

I got myself and a very experienced player (both above 300 light) looking to get into a raid. We don't mind where you start from, but preferably from Golg onward.

Please let a fellow guardian know!

Psn: FairXchangeGK7

Its funny, I was just thinking of Skolas, and I got upset inside. I will never forget how cheap that dude and his stage was. Looking back now, I wish could take back so many hours I spent for no reason trying to beat that dude some weeks. Oryxx seems like a walk in the park compared to Skolas and the never ending cheapness.

Anyways it still makes me boil inside. POE was so bad it almost pushed me away from Destiny.

Klyka

Banned
Massive shout out to this raid group. Such I chill group to raid with. Managed to get my first completion and the gear to finally push me out of the 295-299 ghetto and into 300+ paradise. Klyka1's coordination was spot on and made all of the encounters quite simple, brilliant job.

Ty

Thanks man, glad you had fun and got some good loot out of it too :D

Everything clicked really quickly for the group so we breezed right through everything

inthrall

I know right?!

Da fuck!? Is this for real? If you don't have 20 shards with you you can actually kill him and get nothing?!

I thought the shard gave you more drops at noryx, not THE actual first drop. :/

It gives you a second guaranteed drop on Oryx, so you end up getting 1-2 items from him. Also, your first kill sets that first drop chance to 100%, so your first kill on each character (if you had the 20 shards) will always give 2 drops

Bogeypop

I don't know how you guys are doing this.

Go to the Heroic Strike Playlist, if we don't get Dust Palace (or The Shadow Thief for a chance at Cloak of Taniks plus a potential Strike Streak Bonus), we go back to Orbit, and repeat until we get Dust Palace (Or The Shadow Thief). Unless you'd rather just keep trying for only Dust Palace. I recommend getting comfortable as it'll take a while.

oSoLucky

Warlock has really low base agility. So for example if you are spec'd out for the lowest agility, and you are running the relic on the daughters then because the relic gives an additional agility debuff it's impossible to jump from the ground to dunk the daughters with a warlock. The other two classes don't have those kinds of problems with their jump.

Fair enough and a valid complaint. When I'm running with people and see them failing I usually inspect them and give suggestions on how to spec differently. I guess that it can be a bigger deal to the general population than my specific group of people that I play with. I care more about lateral and finesse movement, which is why I like the Titan the least for jumping.

Looking for my first raid clear!

Made it to Golgoroth 2 weeks ago but had to go on vacation... now that I return I want my Touch of Malice!

305 Hunter
PSN: Outlaw_Omega

Arrrammis

Need 2 more for Kings Fall raid Starting at Basilica. Shem0275, Arrrammos
Basilica means the first jumping part for those who aren't Shem.

Edit: I'm kinda wondering why people looking for a group always make their own posts (when they're alone) instead of responding to other groups who only need 1 or 2 more people.

Nightfall is literally the biggest waste of time in Destiny right now.

Our rewards were 2 warlock bonds and titan gauntlets...GARBAGE.

It's not worth the hasle, and on top of that we don't get marks or rep. Not doing anymore Nightfalls, I'd rather blow through 100 Three of Coins in patrols or Heroic strikes.

I got a 310 taikonaut and 310 last word this week. Along with 11 strange coins which I can use to buy 3oC. But I've seen people get antiquated runes too so there's some real bullshit RNG.

Strider

So I think the last available PvE quest I have left on my hunter is the Remnants of darkness(?). It's the one where u start by killing high value targets on each planet. What does that quest award you with anyway. Is it worth doinG?

Have PvP quests too but fuck that.

Kilau

306 Hunter, looking for raid group, have touch of malice. I don't mind if you have already started, I just need Oryx on this character.

PSN: Kilau

Strider

Playlist RNG gonna RNG. Nothing but Dark Blade and Undying Mind so far.

You farming dust palace? I'm going back to the grind tomorrow to search for a void cloak.... I've already ran it so much tho.

If I don't get it tomorrow i might just give in for good

Been reading some more lore stuff, this game has such interesting things hidden in the grimoire. The Vex timefuckery is just mind-bending stuff.
Have you gotten to the Book of Shadows? If only a tiny portion of that writing made it into the game Destiny's story would blow away most other titles. It's great stuff.

I look forward to the day Bungie learns to incorporate their magnificent lore building into their actual games.

Top Bottom