• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

just in case the person who thought of it hasn't read any of the other comments on the sword quest, I'd just like to reiterate you're a fucking moron.

4 materials from 120 odd relic iron so far

I think my 3oC is broken....it keeps giving me hand and head engrams....which keep giving me impossible machines and celestial nighthawk....

Daily let me pick up the 2 calcified fragments on my warlock, soon I'll be able to get touch of malice #3, just need more stolen runes and to farm more flakes.

Deku Tree

I have two exotic chest engrams... What are the chances that my Titan will decrypt them into that new funky Titan exotic that only a handful of people have?

Kill the knight, jump into the pit. Much quicker.

Don't kill the knight as that breaks the checkpoint, I did all 3 (with a warlock) in siege of the warmind in less than 3000 total kills, get super up with bad juju, jump off edge then bum rush the first wave of thralls, knights and acolytes with your super/grenades/melee then use bad juju on the thralls coming down stairs for your super, wipe repeat. You can get 5/6% per run

Deku Tree

I'm hoping that once the hard raid comes out, whenever that is..., then it's gonna be raining 310s, and that the hard raid will be very do-able as a 305+, and I'm about to put Destiny on Farm status, I'll do my three raids per week, I'll do my NF 3x and my vanguard heroic 3x, some dailies, but I don't care about Trials, and I don't feel like grinding anymore. Not gonna grind 3oC to try to decrypt 310s and infuse my gear. TTK was huge. Now I'm just waiting for the next PvE thing.

shermas

Don't kill the knight as that breaks the checkpoint, I did all 3 (with a warlock) in siege of the warmind in less than 3000 total kills, get super up with bad juju, jump off edge then bum rush the first wave of thralls, knights and acolytes with your super/grenades/melee then use bad juju on the thralls coming down stairs for your super, wipe repeat. You can get 5/6% per run

You can kill the knight, then jump off... as long as you don't enter the boss room, you keep the checkpoint. I'm 99% sure.

It blows I need to beat the raid to get anywhere else in the game. I suck at the raid and can't get a team together to do it anyway.

So I can't get Touch Of Malice, and the thing that really sucks is it's nearly impossible to hit 300 without the raid. You need the 310 artifact and whatever loot you can get so the damn exotic engrams at least have a chance at being 310.

They need to offer another path to 300+ to keep things fun.

shermas

If anyone is sitting on a stack of 3oC (most of us, I'm guessing), I start each play session with a quick Draksis (sp?) kill on Venus, then go into the strike playlist or whatever activity I'm doing.

If I haven't killed an Ultra in a while (Patrols, Crucible, CoO, whatever), I"ll go to orbit, use his checkpoint, kill him, then go back to whatever else I'm doing. Kind of an effective way to always have the 3oC buff going.

shermas

It blows I need to beat the raid to get anywhere else in the game. I suck at the raid and can't get a team together to do it anyway.

So I can't get Touch Of Malice, and the thing that really sucks is it's nearly impossible to hit 300 without the raid. You need the 310 artifact and whatever loot you can get so the damn exotic engrams at least have a chance at being 310.

THIS. I found an LFG crew to get to the daughters one day.. it was fun and I got some 305 boots, which was great.

Since then, I've been grinding and keeping my fingers crossed for a ghost to drop above 292 or chest glove above 297. Yesterday, I finally got a 293 ghost and 298 gloves, so I hit 300.

Keeping ToM locked behind the raid is weak.

DarKshodaN

You are wrong, it's easy to get to 300 without to do the raid

Edit: Why i am always on top of the page? Happend 3 Times already since yesterday :p

How? I suppose with Black Spindle + sword? Otherwise I don't think it's even a little easy unless you're lucky as hell. I've had a 295 ghost, 295 primary, and 296 helmet holding me back for like a week now with nothing better dropping for any of them.

Edit: and even black spindle at 310 is a glitch they're supposed to fix. They pretty clearly don't want you at 300 without doing the raid. Which is understandable, but not fun for everyone.

X-Frame

Quick question everyone, what is more important on a Nightstalker -- Discipline or Strength?

I suppose if you want to establish PvE and PvP, or in general. Thank you!

KanameYuuki

Quick question everyone, what is more important on a Nightstalker -- Discipline or Strength?

I suppose if you want to establish PvE and PvP, or in general. Thank you!

I think intellect and strength so you can use smoke bomb asap and same your bow, the grenades are meh.

25% of the time it works all the time. Yes I know I didn't need the bonus damage from LitC. It was real to me damn it

TN8fMWd.gif

DarKshodaN

How? I suppose with Black Spindle + sword? Otherwise I don't think it's even a little easy unless you're lucky as hell. I've had a 295 ghost, 295 primary, and 296 helmet holding me back for like a week now with nothing better dropping for any of them.

Get the Exotic Sword, then the 300 Shotgun that drops from a quest, then try to get your primary gun to 300, also you can get a 300 Artifact from some quest.

This should be a good start, after that you need to grind Strikes or Court of Oryx, it could take some time to get the right gear, but it shouldn't take so long.

I am at 306 and never did a raid btw

matmanx1

Edit: Why i am always on top of the page? Happend 3 Times already since yesterday :p

I don't know about easy. It's doable but it is not easy. You need a good fireteam for both Black Spindle and Exotic sword and then you still need a little bit of luck (or a whole lot of time and drops) to get your other gear to the upper 290's.

Without Black Spindle I was at 299 as of yesterday. I never could complete that daily =( But yeah Exotic sword + 300 artifact and 300 special weapon + some good upper 290's drops would do it.

That being said, it is much easier with only a drop or two from the raid. Keep hitting up Gaf' here for raid groups. I got in one last night that was pretty great and ended up getting a couple of drops that pushed me to 301.

Get the Exotic Sword, then the 300 Shotgun that drops from a quest, then try to get your primary gun to 300, also you can get a 300 Artifact from some quest.

This should be a good start, after that you need to grind Strikes or Court of Oryx, it could take some time to get the right gear, but it shouldn't take so long.

Nice. I take it you got that high from initially hitting 300, then infusing? Yeah sounds like you got lucky and I'm just not. I've got a 300 shotgun, 300 artifact, 310 sword (even 307 armbands from the raid the one time I tried it)...and I'm still like 4 points shy of that 300 average. Like I said I've been stuck with the same 295/296 crap for a week now. I'll play a little more and hope for something better but it's getting pretty frustrating and not fun.

What 300 shotgun quest? It's not a shitty pvp quest is it?

Top Bottom