• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

I know it's been said many times before but whoever designed the rare material farming for the exotic swords is a masochistic jerkface.

25 minutes of relic iron farming until my first material drop.

Deku Tree

For Sunsinger I want

Intellect then Discipline

For Nightstalker I want

Strength then Intellect

For Defender I want

Intellect then Discipline

For Sunbreaker I want

Intellect then Strength

Those are the main subclasses that I play.

Basically melees stink except on Nightstalker with Vanish in smoke, or Sunbreaker with melting point...And supers are better than grenades.

Also I want fast sniper reload gloves or fast scout rifle reload gloves, I want extra scout and sniper ammo everywhere. Or extra auto rifle or pulse rifle ammo or reload as a back up. Extra sidearm, handcanon perks is the ultimate troll.

And I want replenish shield perk with orbs on helmet, or replenish health on orbs as a back up.

Just did a Saber strike and one guy was summoning Scorch weapons and other stuff and somehow got him and his buddy clipping underneath the probe rasputin calls down in the beginning. Hacks?

DarKshodaN

Nice. I take it you got that high from initially hitting 300, then infusing? Yeah sounds like you got lucky and I'm just not. Like I said I've been stuck with the same 295/296 crap for a week now. I'll play a little more and hope for something better but it's getting pretty frustrating and not fun.

Yeah, only thing i do at the moment is to farm 310 exotics to get some infuse material for my gear, pretty boring but it gets the job done.

Maybe i had some lucky drops, like a 294 Ghost, only mean that it's possible to get there pretty fast without to do the raid.

What 300 shotgun quest? It's not a shitty pvp quest is it?

No it was not a pvp quest, but i can't remember which quest it was,maybe someone else here knows the name from it

Deku Tree

Get anything good out of it?

Not really. I got some strange coins. I got a FWC shader and a FWC emblem, and a FWC class item. I guess that's good if I ever get to FWC rank 25 and do the exotic class item quest. I did a few DO rank ups and got hot garbage. Does the year 1 DO ships still drop? No ships. I got everything from DO except the two old style ships.

But I had 1800 motes that are basically useless now... So now I'm at about 1000 motes.

Tovarisc

Just did a Saber strike and one guy was summoning Scorch weapons and other stuff and somehow got him and his buddy clipping underneath the probe rasputin calls down in the beginning. Hacks?

Not sure about whole scorch weapons part, but getting underneath the map in that part of Cosmodrome isn't particularly hard.

milkham

What 300 shotgun quest? It's not a shitty pvp quest is it?

you get it from the vanguard it starts with do 5 normal level strikes, then 5 heroic strikes, ends with nightfall then you get your choice of 300 shotgun or 300 fusion rifle
if i remember correctly you get it after doing the mission on the dreadnaught that has you placing patrol beacons, its called never ending war or something like that.

Good thing that sunbreaker titan didn't have full shields, otherwise you would have been dedded second after your friend :b

Oh no no. I had luck in the chamber go off so it did 244. Killed the shit out of him either way. On a normal guardian it crits for 574 I think. It's fucking crazy. Sadly he didn't have full shield to properly demonstrate.

Get your Omolon Eirene, say a prayer and hope that Jupiter and his immense cock smile on you

He summoned Scorch weapons that were floating around as he carried them and apparently he could hand them out. Also some kind of mini car??

Tjamato88

I finally got to play for an extended period last night. I'm light level 279 now. Hopefully tomorrow night or the next night I can bump out the rest. I probably just need to spend time grinding the Vanguard Heroic Playlist.

Tovarisc

I finally got to play for an extended period last night. I'm light level 279 now. Hopefully tomorrow night or the next night I can bump out the rest. I probably just need to spend time grinding the Vanguard Heroic Playlist.

If grinding for gear then do just normal Vanguard Playlist, faster to clear strikes yet gives same quality rewards and amount of rewards as you would get from a lot slower Heroics.

In a pickle here for my Titan. I have 280 Ruin Wings, 310 Immolation fists and 299 Mau'ual's Maulers. Do I infuse the RW, MM or keep the 310 fists?

I don't suppose you can pick up the Exotic Sword questline on another character if a character already has it? Thought about skipping the Crucible/Major kills and just exploit those Element kills with the Relic on my Titan, but my Warlock already has the quest for the Exotic Void Sword.

Tovarisc

I don't suppose you can pick up the Exotic Sword questline on another character if a character already has it? Thought about skipping the Crucible/Major kills and just exploit those Element kills with the Relic on my Titan, but my Warlock already has the quest for the Exotic Void Sword.

You can have multiple exotic sword quests on one character, I had void and solar quests on my warlock at same time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
THIS. I found an LFG crew to get to the daughters one day.. it was fun and I got some 305 boots, which was great.

Since then, I've been grinding and keeping my fingers crossed for a ghost to drop above 292 or chest glove above 297. Yesterday, I finally got a 293 ghost and 298 gloves, so I hit 300.

Keeping ToM locked behind the raid is weak.

ToM is nearly useless anywhere BUT the raid.

matmanx1

Awesome raid tonight, gentlemen. Happy to finally join the 300+ club.

Congrats! It was a good raid, especially since we had so many first timers. I appreciate everyone's patience and good attitude throughout, especially with my jumping ability (or lack thereof!).

I want to say how much fun I thought the whole thing was. I think Bungie did a very good job at making a raid that is actually fun to play without feeling like a chore or an impossible hurdle the way that certain parts of VoG or CE did.

Each time we hit a new encounter we would struggle for a while but you could see it all coming together and then we would execute and get it done. And that was a great feeling and a great thing to see.

I ended up getting 305 boots, a 304 mark, a 302 fusion rifle, a 302 auto rifle and a 300 pulse rifle. The armor pieces are keepers but the weapons will probably all end up as infusion fodder. And of course the best part is now I am over 300 Light and can start getting 310 exotics!

Tovarisc

How do you get them? I transferred over my Void Sword to my Titan but Shaxx didn't offer the quest. My Warlock already has the quest.

1. Have legendary and exotic sword on same character
2. Level legendary to above 280 and fully upgrade
3. Talk to Shaxx, he will give you quest even when there is no prompt over him
4. If step 2. doesn't trigger 3. go to orbit and load back to Tower, repeat step 3.

Edit: Oh... it's possible that Titan won't get it because Warlock has it already as active. You could abandon it on Warlock and try again as Titan? I won't take responsibility if game bugs out and won't give quest again.

matmanx1

In a pickle here for my Titan. I have 280 Ruin Wings, 310 Immolation fists and 299 Mau'ual's Maulers. Do I infuse the RW, MM or keep the 310 fists?

I feel like Ruin Wings are the most useful overall of those three. I only use fists for Crucible and light level isn't as important there. My Ruin Wings scarcely leave my Titan when I am doing PVE content these days.

shermas

Do you have some blues that you can put into the RW first? Get them up, closer to 300, then use the 310s to get the RWs up over 300. That's my suggestion.

shermas

You are wrong, it's easy to get to 300 without to do the raid

Edit: Why i am always on top of the page? Happend 3 Times already since yesterday :p

Easy is a bit strong... I even have some 305 boots from the raid, the 300 shotgun, the 300 artifact, a 310 sword and, until yesterday, I still couldn't get over 300.

I've done dozens and dozens of strikes, cleared many CoO, played crucible, etc, but my ghost and 295ish chest, helmet and arms were holding me back.

It's all RNG. There's no 'easy' way to do it... you have to get lucky with drops.

Nami gets all the Exotic Engrams.

crying-waterfalls.gif

Nope, I'm shit out of luck Shaxx won't offer the quest on my Titan because my Warlock already has it.

Guess I won't be collecting Dark-Drinker next week, can't be arsed to go through those steps again atm.

Top Bottom